IRC Dedicated Servers

Ok, I've been reading all your comments and was going to get a dedicated server with servermatrix, but I see they dont allow irc. I've played hell finding a decent stable host to host my customers ircd's on. Any of you have any recommendations as to which host to go with that allows irc and is STABLE?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Lost in the dedicated unstability world,
    Paula

how many ircd's are we talking?

I dont have many right now, as Im not advertising, but does the amount really matter? One unhappy customer is too many. I just need a reliable dedicated server.

Thanks again,
    Paula :-)

Re: IRC Dedicated Servers

I think blacklotus.net provides IRC dedicated servers.

Originally posted by Paula1217
    Ok, I've been reading all your comments and was going to get a dedicated server with servermatrix, but I see they dont allow irc. I've played hell finding a decent stable host to host my customers ircd's on. Any of you have any recommendations as to which host to go with that allows irc and is STABLE?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Lost in the dedicated unstability world,
    Paula
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

as said in another post right on front page with same issue person wanting a place to do irc shell hosting goto either stamins blacklotus or you can also do atrivo :/

Thank you, again I appreciate any advice. I guess I was kinda just looking for reviews too. I've been with 4 different companies and each have had major problems and I've had to switch. Although they all had great support, just not stable. I run a network with almost 3,000 users on it and need that stable as well.

Thanks again,
    Paula

re:irc hosting

What do you pay for that kind of server ?

I have a Raq4 server with uk2.net (hosted in Harbour exchange of redbus). Although their SLA/AUP says you arent allowed IRCDs I emailed them to double check. They said on the condition that I dont go over my 1Tb a year data transfer an IRCD is fine.

Have had an ircd linked to a 1000 user network for about 2 years now, theres been an outage maybe once or twice, nice and stable. The boxes uptime is something like 240 days atm. Usually holds the bulk of the networks users (about 400) with no problems.
    LowCostDedi Ltd - www.LowCostDedi.co.uk

dmort1, well, I am paying about $200 a month for the network, which is fine with me, its really why I got into irc was to keep a network going that I loved so much and didnt want to see it die. I've now since started thinking about making money with the dedicateds as well. Hence..the stablity seriously needed.

Hamlesh, 1tb A YEAR?!? Is that not 1,000 GB of transfer? Thats insane. One month alone on one of my boxes I used almost 400 GB. I need a server with at least 1,000 GB (1 TB) a month.

I tell ya, Im getting so damn frustrated with the whole thing, I think by the time Im 32 I'll have no hair left on my head. lol

Thanks again,
    Paula :-)

I dont really think they monitor the bandwidth usage, why do I say that? That server pushed 2580Gb last year, and this year has already done almost 5000Gb.

They probably give you 1000 gig a month. Or else you would get hit for the overage.

Sun Cobalt RaQ4
    512MB RAM
    20GB Harddisk
    1000GB data transfer (yearly)
    24x7x365 FREE reboots
    Linux Redhat

Hamlesh, yeah thats crazy, of course I apprciate the response, but thats less than 100gb a month, I cant do that. Im currently with fdc servers for my ircd hosting and valueweb for my webhosting. I've heard nothing but bad reviews on fdc and I guess I really need a backup if something goes wrong with them. Im so sick of switching providers. I know if I find one that impresses me, I'll get them all kinds of business.

Thanks,
    Paula

Try this company. I have no experience with it but they seem reasonable.

http://www.sh3lls.net/

You could try emailing SM or TP and asking if they would do you a custom AUP allowing IRCDs, its worth a try, dont ask, dont get.

Hope you find something, IRC is a real pain in the backside these days, fecking DDoS kiddies :/

Friend of mine has just come to mind, I know he offers shell hosting, maybe you could have a word with him. www.bash-shell.net.

Atrivo is the best IMO.

I recommend blacklotus for the purpose - they have good filtering against ddos attacks, which are common in IRC/Shell hosting.

regards,
    M.