Newbie needs help with sharing large files....

Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, so I apologize in advance.

What I want to do is be able to upload music and movie files to a location so they will be available for download by others. I don't need a webpage or anything like that. I just want to give people a link and when they click on it the file transfer or download begins. If a webpage is included that's fine, I'll just use it to post the links for the downloads. I need maybe 1000mb of storage space and a lot of bandwidth. Maybe 100GB of bandwidth a month? Is this possible? What type of $$$ does this require? Can you describe what I need and how to set it up? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Well, there are many things to look at here.

1. If these music and movie files are copyrighted, and not yours, your gonna have a hard time finding a host right there. Hosts dont really want to risk hosting a website with MAJOR copyrighted material on it.

2. If these music files and movie files are Pirated, then I am pretty certain you just lost ALL chances of finding a host.

3. How many people are going to be downloading these files at once? This will play a part in whether you are going to need shared hosting, or a dedicated server. If your website/file storage is going to be used alot, then it is going to put stress on the server, and if you start using too many resources, then the host is going to want you on a dedicated server.

Those 3 things will be the basis as to whether you find a host to host you or not.

Yousendit may be helpful to you.
    9/11 Memorial, do you have a story to tell?
    United Web Site Award Givers, do you believe your site is worthy of an award?

What am I missing about How can they offer this service for free?