When would you move to a private rack?

We are looking at colocating in a private rack for our start-up. If we chose not to, when would you guys move to a private rack?

Thanks,
    Brent Clements
    Im-Online.Net

I guess by "private rack", you mean your own rack, that you share with noone else.

For that to be feasible, you'll need more than 1 server. So move to your own "private rack" when you have 6 to 10 servers, or somewhere near there.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I agree with Bob, make sure you have a few servers in your rack when you get it, otherwise that's just wasted expense. It would be ideal to have an additional 2-3 servers to put in the rack when the time comes to move as well. This will allow for growth at the push of a button
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

arent colocated racks in datacentres like equinix in chicago better off than having them with you? just wondering
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

I think he means that he would still have it in a datacenter, it would just be a rack for their servers ONLY...no one elses.

Ohk, thanks for clearing it out. Vanhost are there any good datacentres in canada? If you know any let me know
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

I am also interested in a good canadian datacenter. PM me if you know any good ones.

Can't beat Peer1 as far as quality goes...all CDN DC's are pricey though