Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy angelnetworkz.net - wasting my time

I thought angelnetworkz's guys are professional... but not this time.

1) I sent payment for a P4 server and got it setup on May 27. The next morning I installed everything on the new server: firewall, BFD, mrtg, logwatch, secure tmp, SIM, SPRI, PMON, PRM, disabled telnet, mailscanner, clamav etc etc.

2) After that I noticed that they have installed Fedora instead of Red Hat 9. So I sent an e-mail to them and asked for a reinstallation

3) This morning I got an e-mail from them saying my server is online. It was a fresh reinstall and I was pretty excited and reinstall my software again.

4) Today at 2:20pm I noticed that my server was suddenly down. I sent several e-mails and asked for reboot.

5) At 6:04pm I received an e-mail from Tara, saying they are replacing the server with a new one and something seems to be wrong with the hardware.

what the heck?
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

I know they are very busy these days, but... that really pissed me off
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner

mehhh sounds like a freak occurance to me

I agree. It seems some customers/companies are too "computer oriented" and don't really care about the customers needs, especially when it comes to business. They see things in too much of a technical light, I myself, being very technical, but business savvy am all too often disappointed with the unprofessionalism of the companies in this industry, in general.

I would definitely go with a different company though, there is really no excuse for these problems. I know I'll probably get flamed, but if that company had good people the mistake should never have happened. If the hardware is bad immediately then maybe they should ensure they have quality hardware suppliers.

That's just my view, we shouldn't have to worry about other company's problems, because they become our own

Sorry but I had to rant

Hope things work out for you.

I'm not asking for a refund, I just want my server

That's bad, but just a question out of subject .. why do you need Redhat 9 and it won't be any longer supported ? and how long did it take them to setup ur server ?

Hello,

just received an reply from Kelly:
    You should have waited a day or so before installing anything to test it first. We can only test for so long before handing the server over and sometimes things go bad afterwards. Bad hardware happens but since this server keeps having problems replacing it completely is the only way to make sure it doesn't occur again.

It's up to you, we can reboot and hope it doesn't crash again or we can replace it. Waiting on your orders.

Kelly
    Angel Networkz
    I installed my software immediately because I always assumed servers won't be delivered until they are fully tested. So I guess it's my problem that I shouldn't installed them immediately.

hey guys thanks for your opinions

no the datacenters just put a slot and press power and if they see boots
    it works for them

oh then if it's on Kelly's words we should be using the server 1 week after we get our hands on it

just my preference

Originally posted by lackeroom
    That's bad, but just a question out of subject .. why do you need Redhat 9 and it won't be any longer supported ?

Personally I see the only problem being a little bit of miscommunication, and maybe some misfortune here.

You requested an obcelete OS which they don't provide regularly. Ok that was their fault, but this was very out of the ordinary for them.

Your server had problems... Misfortune... Its not like they caused them, in fact they are replacing your server for you instead of just letting you have problems.

As far as wanting RH9 goes... true you may be more comfortable with it... but you are asking for trouble since there will be no updates.

Sorry about the rant,
    Neill

Originally posted by z280 Hosting
    As far as wanting RH9 goes... true you may be more comfortable with it... but you are asking for trouble since there will be no updates.
    Fedora Legacy project will provide RH 9.0 updates (atleast for now). I still agree with your statements though.

Thanks jayjay, I am not a fedora or rh9 user so I am not as well acqainted as some with it. (My Servers are RHE managed by someone else, so I don't deal with it much).

Yes, it is most definitely your fault . This situation is all too familiar with me, at least they aren't being more unprofessional, because you could see worse, trust me .

In all fairness, they don't seem to be business oriented, and from a technical standpoint, they are being honest with you and are trying, but you are paying them, and they should have taken more responsibility from the start and should never have put you in this position where you take option a, or option b, both to your detriment.

Not to say that this company in particular is being unfair, but hey misspelled words in a company name, sounds like a preson who is more about technical details, than business.

Of course this could be a slightly different story if you are using the server for non mission-critical applications.

Good luck though

Originally posted by phoebs
    Hello,

just received an reply from Kelly:

I installed my software immediately because I always assumed servers won't be delivered until they are fully tested. So I guess it's my problem that I shouldn't installed them immediately.

hey guys thanks for your opinions

Like someone said ealier, true they should have made sure the server was working right before they gave you it, but you did request and obsolete distro that they weren't used to installing.
    hm what should I put in my sig?

Originally posted by ChaosHosting
    Like someone said ealier, true they should have made sure the server was working right before they gave you it, but you did request and obsolete distro that they weren't used to installing.
    I don't really agree with that statement. Although it may be true, it certainly is not the customer's fault at all. If they couldn't do it, they should have refused to do it, instead of using the customer as a test subject. Your statement also does not account for their lack of timely and professional customer service.

On the other hand, I can understand what you mean because I have been there, on both ends, but I can't see how this is the customer's fault. They didn't install the right OS to begin with, they gave him untested and faulty hardware, and then essentially blamed him for the entire problem, and gave him two options, neither being favorable to the customer.

Sorry, but I show no mercy to any company mistreating the customer, I have been on the receiving end of this many times, and I have also been on the customer service/business side of things so I can see it from both sides

Originally posted by stivan
    Yes, it is most definitely your fault .
    Originally posted by stivan
    I don't really agree with that statement. Although it may be true, it certainly is not the customer's fault at all.
    So in the post before me you think it is the customers fault, but now you think it is definetly not the customers fault?

So in the post before me you think it is the customers fault, but now you think it is definetly not the customers fault?
    Sorry if there was any misconfusion, that statement should not be taken literally, the smile was there as sarcasm, because I cannot see how the customer can or should be blamed for the problems that occurred here.

I better go edit it, so no one else gets the wrong idea (no sarcasm here)

ugh, my bad, I read that too fast and didn't see the smilie, I'm done for tonight before I embarass myself more.

ugh, my bad, I read that too fast and didn't see the smilie, I'm done for tonight before I embarass myself more.
    No apology is necessary, I'm not here to fight, just to debate and enlighten .

anyone with angelnetworkz have a server down right now?

yes .. mine is
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

Originally posted by swijaya0101
    yes .. mine is

4th time in a week !!! ... phews!
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

Originally posted by swijaya0101
    4th time in a week !!! ... phews!

at the same time of day? how long were the outages?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast