trouble with 2C0 account - version2 2C0

hello to everybody

i am quite in trouble with setting up my 2CO account (version 2).

After credit card is proccessed i should see a CLICK HERE link but instead of that it keeps giving me an 500 error

this error appears if I put .php file as an approved URL
    as soon as put any .html file it works ok

2CO support told me to put enough right to execute .php file
    i have done so (now it is 777) but still nothing

i try both secure https and non-secure http urls - nothing helps

any ideas ? I would really appreciate any posts

Same problem here. I believe it's caused by a problem regarding passback, and that 2CO have admitted is a bug in their system which they are fixing.

Are you using any cart software like autopilot, whoiscart etc?

I'm using whoiscart, and just goes to the 500 error after payment.

Also, all I can say is that 2CO users on version 1 are VERY lucky that 2CO didn't decide to move them all over at once.

WHM Autopilot, ModernBill, WhoisCart + all the rest would have been useless until an update was made.

I just wanted to say that I experienced the same problem, the 2CO script does not properly redirect buyers after the sale is completed, and the tech support staff have failed to fix this problem for weeks now apparently.

(I have read some posts from 2 weeks ago complaining about this same redirect problem, and it's still not fixed).

I have just left 2CO because I realize that even if they fix this problem in the next week or two, I would never be able to relax and have faith that my orders were being handled properly and without errors.

...because if it takes them weeks to fix a simple "redirect" problem then how long will it take them to fix other more serious payment problems when they arise?

How can a business take that chance?

Also, I have heard that 2CO's servers are slower than normal during certain times of the day (I have read several posts mentioning this fact, and I'll assume that those posts are true).

Therefore, if it's true that 2CO's servers are slower than normal then you're going to lose even more sales each day if customers get irritated and abandon the sales.

So if you "factor in" the potential loss in sales (due to their reported slower than normal servers) then you'll quickly see that it's cheaper to pay a 10%+ rate at other 3rd party processors than it is to pay the smaller 5.5% rate at 2CO.

Heck, I even phoned them personally last week to ask what hours their technical staff was available to fix technical problems, and I was told:

"um, I think they work Monday thru Friday during normal business hours and somtimes they come in on Saturday's for a few hours".

When I pressed this woman for a definitive schedule, she said:

"I don't know, I don't keep track of when they work".

...And this was a CUSTOMER SERVICE operator who is supposed to KNOW these facts.

So 2Checkout.com does not even hire customer service operators who know what the basic HOURS OF OPERATION are for the tech support staff. This I verified first hand, myself.

It's a fact that every server from every credit card processor goes down from time to time (and is slow from time to time), but the question you must ask yourself is:

"How fast is the response time of their staff during non business hours to major server problems?"

and

"How fast can they get their server back to normal during non business hours?"

Just think about it, what if it's Friday night and their server goes down or has a major problem... Do you want to wait until the next business day to be able to process credit cards again?

If you bother to read the posts in these forums you'll notice that it's almost universally agreed that 2Checkout has a very unresponsive technical support department.

Just think about it, if their programming staff cannot even fix a simple "REDIRECT" problem within 2 weeks then how can you expect them to quickly fix MAJOR problems which arise suddenly, during non business hours?

Why would any business place their future sales in the hands of a processor which has a reputation for poor performance?

I must say that I have never went "live" with 2Checkout.com so I don't know first hand whether their servers are "slow" during peak business hours, but I have verified first hand that the REDIRECT problem is still not fixed and that their customer service department is not well trained.

My advice is to not just walk away from 2CO, but to sprint the 100 yard dash in 10 seconds flat
    Last edited by CRT 2004; 05-31-2004 at 03:58 AM.

Originally posted by odsdc
    WHM Autopilot, ModernBill, WhoisCart + all the rest would have been useless until an update was made.
    don't know about the others but whm autopilot released an update over a week ago to address the new 2checkout system.

I have a big problem with pay-line.com because they are not operating for about 6 days now and i was thinking to move to 2CO because i thought they are more reliable but if you say that they are not that good then...where can i find a good service?? I don't mind to pay 10% to a 3rd party if i'm going to get a reliable service!

I'm out of business for almost 1 week and i don't want to have this experience again! Any suggestions??

Originally posted by boeki
    don't know about the others but whm autopilot released an update over a week ago to address the new 2checkout system.
    WhoisCart also released a fix, but regardless of this fix, no update can fix the redirect problem with 2CO

I'm out of business for almost 1 week and i don't want to have this experience again! Any suggestions??
    I have heard good things about "Kagi", they seem like a very reputable 3rd party processor.

Originally posted by CRT 2004
    I have heard good things about "Kagi", they seem like a very reputable 3rd party processor.
    They are extremely expensive (30% for $5, 17.5% for $10). Plus, I didn't see an option for recurring billing.

GDO

They are extremely expensive (30% for $5, 17.5% for $10).
    Actually, they are not that expensive for products priced at $20 or more. All Products priced under $25 are given the rate of 5% plus $1.25

Therefore, a $20 product has only an 11% effective rate (5% of $20 plus $1.25)

A $10 product is also 5% plus $1.25, which of course equals out to 17.5%

But I don't think many products are going to be below $20, and if you're product is priced above $20 the rate is only 10%

*But they did appear to discontinue recurring billing, I just noticed that fact.

----------

However, other places like "ibill" offer recurring billing, but to accept Visa cards you must pay a $750 fee which some people may object to.

...But for a reliable payment provider that's actually not a bad price, since you have to look at the big picture and do the math.

For example, if you do $4,000 in sales per month then the $750 fee is only 1.5% of your yearly sales, that's peanuts. Why would you not want to pay an extra 1.5% for a great service with recurring billing?

People make a big deal of the $750 fee for VISA, but it's purely "psychological", especially if you do the math and average that fee into your yearly sales. People often let the psychological impact of a particular price "warp" their perception of the true deal being offered.

The $750 fee is a great deal if you do above $1,000 in sales each month, perhaps not a great deal if you do below that amount.

Don't forget it's tax deductible as a business expense, so you'll get back nearly half that amount in the form of offsetting other taxable income.

There are other processors like "ccbill" too, they are probably just as good.
    Last edited by CRT 2004; 05-31-2004 at 09:40 AM.