aplus? is it a good host?

great, I cant post URLs in my things, so it DELETES my whole message... -_-

anyway, am contemplating the Solo XR plan on aplus .net - and I would like to konw what people have to say about it - is it good/bad/a scam?

also, if there is another host which is good - offering cgi, php etc, 50mb + and a decent bandwidth for about 10 us dolars a month...

Thanks

(Original post was much longer... but it got lost >_<)

If you have other choices, I would definitely recommend looking elsewhere for shared hosting. I have noticed shady business practices from A-plus and many, many complaints.

Please use the search tool here in the forum for researching your potential host.
    Just type co. name in and feedback will result.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Yes, I did that - but most of them were people talking about how bad their tech staff are or something - and people tend to focus on bad points, you dont get people going on to a place like this and saying "I have been using aplus for 3 years without a problem"...

Thanks Sniper - a friend told me that lunarpages is a good host, and I have been using brinkster with a free page up till now, I have found brinkster Ok, but I dont really like what they offer for a paid site :/

People do praise hosts here. Just that they complain more

But if you couldn't find any compliments along with the complaints then I'd say you should probably look elsewhere.

Thanks Sniper - a friend told me that lunarpages is a good host, and I have been using brinkster with a free page up till now, I have found brinkster Ok, but I dont really like what they offer for a paid site :/
    No problem! Glad I could help, but I would definitely recommend looking elsewhere for your hosting needs. LunarPages is fine, albeit a bit on the expensive side compared to other hosts.

hmm, ok, I am looking through their overview thingie now

The anoying thing is that they always show the GOOD points, and dont say anything about anything they DONT have >_<

Aplus is a bad host, thats that, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...5&pagenumber=2

But they recently changed all there wh plans, i still have soloxr, but not the new one, i got 200 megs webspace and unlimited bandwith, but beware, if your site is ever dosed its blacklisted on ALL there servers, they have great uptime but, there not for everyone

hmm, ok, I have been looking closer at lunarpages and tripod - didnt like geocities... only reason I dont pick lunar over tripod is because it doesnt offer CGI :/ are there any sites which you can somehow host CGI from or something? - and why dont they give the sites, and let you pick what you want, having to pick one of three or so plans is anoying - if you want the extras, you have to pay more for a whole lot of bandwidth and disk space aswell :/ - if I could pick to have 1 gig of bandwidth, 50 megs of space and all the cgi etc it would be great XD

why dont you go here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...p?s=&forumid=4 theres plenty of offers, once you find one that looks good, do research on them, by using the forum search feature, i would recommend a host that offers cpanel, its best if you are sort of new to this kind of stuff

hmm, I'm jugling so many windows O.o

looking at sites on that forum, thanks net

uh, what exactly is the alternative to cpanel? :|

Disjuku,

Don't offer CGI and is pricy... I think you are confused
    I like to help

I'm always confused :|

The main reason I am getting CGI is to keep my options open... so its not that important

You could also try a host quote at the top of the page, people will send you offers and prices and such...
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

hmm, I didnt notice that link I'll go check it out now

err, whats the shared/dedicated/reseller/co-whats-a-name hosting thingies? O.o

shared is for one domain. Dedicated is an entire server. Reseller allows you to have multiple domains under your account and colocation allows you to put your own server in a datacenter. You are likely looking for shared.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

oooh, so I would be after shared I guess O.o lol

Man, its 12 past 6 in the morning, I am hungry, I am thirsty, I am tired and I have an extreamly bad case of insomnia... :|