* Wholesale Internet Lies some more?

Where was you all at? I came buy for pic's....

http://people.iodamedia.net/runner/wii_both_doors.jpg

http://people.iodamedia.net/runner/wii_main_door.jpg

http://people.iodamedia.net/runner/wii_sign.jpg

But no one was there. But I did get a chance to talk with others... You've aparently pissed everyone off from Qwest to the building management.

Some others confirmed that you don't have a generator, and your UPS... it apparently took a tumble down the street when it was delivered. They guessed you moved it, because it was sitting at the end of the hall for like 4/5 months, but they couldn't find it. Something about building managmenet told you to move it, because it was in the way of other building tenents.

They called AFS for me, and confirmed that you have the same type of service they have... a 100 meg port with a mix of L3, and GLBX. Although he's trying to figure out why your announcing a /19 and /24's too. So that's about 6 Network Admin's that can't figure out why your doing that. I should go over to the NANOG list and post.

And that "contract dispute"? I guess it was a dispute on you paying them, for 3 months?

No wonder you keep evading the quetions, and offering lunch. Classic 'distract them' routine.

So when you going to modify your website, and put in the corrections... such as 'BGP4 bandwidth (AFS,Wiltel)'
      0 Not allowed!

lol, were they expecting you?
      0 Not allowed!

Wholesaleinternet is a great company. I've worked with them. Do a search! You won't find any bad comments on them!

Good network, fast support, awesome services.

What are you trying to do?
    Last edited by Shoey; 05-30-2004 at 12:54 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, to say they have BGP4 bandwidth from AFS and Wiltel would be incorrect. Because they do have Level 3 and Global Crossing bandwidth from a 3rd party, American Fiber Systems. I believe EV1 once before was getting WilTel bandwidth from a 3rd party, however no one complained about that. It'd be like saying you don't have a Dell computer because you bought it off of QVC. It still has Dell's part's in it, it still has Dell's name on it and it was assembled by Dell. Thus it's a Dell. WholeSaleInternet is getting Level 3's and Global Crossing's bandwidth, it's going through their network, then to AFS and then to WSI. Thus, they do have Global Crossing and Level 3, just through a 3rd party.
      0 Not allowed!

So I have L3, GLBX, Sprint, and Verio here at home by the same reasoning....

... No, I don't. I have Road Runner. I use their network, their resources.

WII uses AFS's network, their resources. They have a BGP session with AFS. They are giving the impression that they are a L3/GLBX customer, which if I read the FTC's rules correctly, is deceptive advertising.

When you buy that Dell computer, your getting a Dell computer.

If QVC bought a dell computer, replaced the parts in it and left the dell name on it, do you still have a Dell computer?

Originally posted by inogenius
    Well, to say they have BGP4 bandwidth from AFS and Wiltel would be incorrect. Because they do have Level 3 and Global Crossing bandwidth from a 3rd party, American Fiber Systems. I believe EV1 once before was getting WilTel bandwidth from a 3rd party, however no one complained about that. It'd be like saying you don't have a Dell computer because you bought it off of QVC. It still has Dell's part's in it, it still has Dell's name on it and it was assembled by Dell. Thus it's a Dell. WholeSaleInternet is getting Level 3's and Global Crossing's bandwidth, it's going through their network, then to AFS and then to WSI. Thus, they do have Global Crossing and Level 3, just through a 3rd party.
      0 Not allowed!

Their datacenter company logo/sign is beautiful.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by rm_-Rf_/
    I talked to arin on his cell number at removed by poster

Talking to him does not mean he was "expecting" you
      0 Not allowed!

it's aaron.....and you need to remove his number....
      0 Not allowed!

Told me I can't since I waited 15 min, but if an admin wants to remove the number, or replace the last 4 digits with 'xxxx' for me.

Originally posted by dk2
      0 Not allowed!

I totally agree... exposing libelous and slanderous practices is one thing, but getting personal and posting a salesman's direct number is another. This leads me to believe you are in this to destroy WII, which is not a good reason to support your motives.
      0 Not allowed!

What was the purpose in posting it in the first place.
      0 Not allowed!

If QVC bought a dell computer, replaced the parts in it and left the dell name on it, do you still have a Dell computer?
    a more accurate analogy is qvc buying an oem (whitebox) dell computer, rebranding it as qvc and offering their support with it instead of dell's. i would not have put it the same way as wsi, but i don't see it as a major transgression since it seems to be a common practice in the industry. is there an actual problem with their service?

on a different note, please come back trolling again when you own a datacenter or at least run a network. thank you.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

I put his number there to prove that I talked to him.

He's not a salesman, he's the network admin/suport desk person/part owner of WII.

I'm giving a heads up to all of WII's customers on what their actually getting, and how un-true what they have listed on their webpage is.

If WII was to correct their web page, and admit that they have been lieing to everyone, I would be more than happy and probably leave them alone.

I'm tired of companies makeing such obvious lies.

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    I totally agree... exposing libelous and slanderous practices is one thing, but getting personal and posting a salesman's direct number is another. This leads me to believe you are in this to destroy WII, which is not a good reason to support your motives.
      0 Not allowed!

I have setup and been on the engineering team of companies that have more datacenters than you'll ever be in in your life.

I run several networks, and I'm currently a Network Engineer. I've worked with networks that have access to more bandwidth than you would ever think about having access to. I've setup networks that span the world, and I know when a BGP announcement is wrong.

If I owned a datacenter, I would then be a competitor, and I beleave that I have made it clear that I'm not.

Originally posted by rusko
    a more accurate analogy is qvc buying an oem (whitebox) dell computer, rebranding it as qvc and offering their support with it instead of dell's. i would not have put it the same way as wsi, but i don't see it as a major transgression since it seems to be a common practice in the industry. is there an actual problem with their service?

on a different note, please come back trolling again when you own a datacenter or at least run a network. thank you.

paul
      0 Not allowed!

I worked with Aaron for a few months, never had a problem, support was great, I had nothing to complain about. Network was just as good as any other "low cost" dedicated server company i've tried out, don't listen to the claims of this rm_-Rf_/
    guy, he's here for one reason only, to try to ruin the reputation of a solid company that's done nothing wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry, I didn't closely look into what his position at WII is, only that he works there. But it makes no different what his role there is, only that you gave out a trusted number.

I worked with Aaron for a few months, never had a problem, support was great, I had nothing to complain about. Network was just as good as any other "low cost" dedicated server company i've tried out, don't listen to the claims of this rm_-Rf_/
    guy, he's here for one reason only, to try to ruin the reputation of a solid company that's done nothing wrong.
    Well, I wouldn't say that, based on his evidence I don't see any reason NOT to believe him. Your biases are obviously leaning more towards WII, but I bet you didn't look at any of his evidence.
      0 Not allowed!

Other than to lie to every customer they currently have, lie to every potentional customer, not pay their bills with several companys, and a LOT of other information that I'm going to choose not to post here.

Originally posted by Nutty
      0 Not allowed!

ha ha my man strikes again. looks like WHI is looking more and more like winners as this thread goes on. Aaron invites him to come and take pictures, and then when they're supposed to take pictures and have the tour, Aaron doesn't show up? how great is that?
      0 Not allowed!

http://people.iodamedia.net/runner/wii_both_doors.jpg

Little note fellows. Your locks can be the most expensive in the world, but when you have the hinges on the outside, those locks don't mean crap.

Chet
      0 Not allowed!

I have a hard time believing they scheduled too meet when rm -rf actually went. You braught paper + marker assuming he wasnt going to show up or? Was that something you were going to do when you and him(aaron) were touring the DC?
      0 Not allowed!

it's a big building, I'm sure it wouldn't have been too tough to find somebody to let him borrow a piece of paper and a marker.
      0 Not allowed!

Someone I talked to gave me a sheet of paper from their printer, and I used my own ink pen.

I did have other paper with me for takeing notes, but the paper was given to me by a nice dude in the building. He thought it was VERY funny, and I pointed him tward the thread on WII that got closed. He laughed his butt off. Said he would take me out to lunch, but he had too much work to get done, otherwise he wouldn't have been in there on sat.

Originally posted by omaha.stylee
    it's a big building, I'm sure it wouldn't have been too tough to find somebody to let him borrow a piece of paper and a marker.
      0 Not allowed!

This thread doesn't prove anything, have you talked to him since your 'so called tour'?
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest
      0 Not allowed!

I have setup and been on the engineering team of companies that have more datacenters than you'll ever be in in your life.

I run several networks, and I'm currently a Network Engineer. I've worked with networks that have access to more bandwidth than you would ever think about having access to. I've setup networks that span the world, and I know when a BGP announcement is wrong.

If I owned a datacenter, I would then be a competitor, and I beleave that I have made it clear that I'm not.
    clearly, you failed the modesty and restraint classes in higschool. you know nothing about me or what i have access to, so stop frothing at your mouth.

the bgp announcement is not wrong, it just does not reflect what they are saying about their connectivity. managed.com claimed to have abovenet, which they did have, but through a third party. noone complained too loudly about that, though they did complain becaused managed.com couldn't handle the task of maintaining a single-homed connection.

if you have valid complaints about WSI's service, inlcuding any problems with the provider they buy their blend from, please post them. as i said earlier, i would not have ommitted that information, but not having it there in <h1> is not the end of the world unless they vehemently deny it, which to my knowledge they are not. relax.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

ban this guy please

he registered just for swear to wholesale

they are one of the best companies i ever worked.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by zagadka
    ban this guy please

he registered just for swear to wholesale

they are one of the best companies i ever worked.
    Yeah, he came over here because something went wrong with his "tour".

Maybe he should handle it like a man, and call them.

May I ask how long you were at the DC?
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest
      0 Not allowed!

Ok this is just so stupid it isn't funny. If anyone here listens to this guy you should be drug out into the street and shot. It is very evident of what this guys intentions are and I can assure its nothing about exposing this make believe "truth" that this guy claims to want. I have dealt with people just like him on multiple occasions, things like a customer who had to be removed and didn't like it. They then hold a very harsh grudge towards the company and spend hours upon hours of wasted time making falsing claims in any means they can to attempt to hurt the company. He may not have been an actual customer but its very evident that he has something against this company and its very pathetic and inmature to sit and handle it like this. Get a life.

I have on the other hand had a server from aaron before and his network is decent as said by another easily compared to any other low budget provider. Aaron does a good job running it has good prices and good support. The person attempting to bash him obviously cannot seem to run his own datacenter or he would be doing it and not wasting his time here day after day trying to bash the work of someone else.

Also feel free to bash me all you want as you have to all others that seem to tell you how it is. This will be my only post to this thread as it is just pathetic and I advise others just ignore this person as well and use their time for something more constructive.
      0 Not allowed!

Although I completely agree rm_-RF is out to destroy WSI, I don't think its right for Aaron to lie about having BGP bandwidth as on his site:
    � BGP4 Bandwidth (Global Crossing�, Level3 �, Wiltel�, and Cogent�)
    That would be a lie since he only has one single homed line to American Fiber Systems (he has not denied this yet, either).
    And it doesn't seem like aaron is too willing to update his site to reflect what he really has...

Please correct me If I'm wrong on any of this.
      0 Not allowed!

They have a connection to WillTel as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Your first thread was closed for being a useless post, that openly bashed a company. This thread should be closed as well.

Derrick
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm inclined to agree.
    http://www.eBoundary.com - Let us help you expand your eBoundaries!
    Fast, Secure and reliable FreeBSD shared, reseller and dedicated hosting.
    FREE Peace of mind with every account!
      0 Not allowed!