Is it possible to shut down an Adwords account and open up a new one ??

Since Adwords has stopped sending me traffic for whatever reason (although I bid €1.5 per click): Is it possible to shut down the account and open a new one ?

What would you achieve by doing this?

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

I don't know but since Adwords is not even giving me Impressions although I bid €2 per click at present it looks like I'm on a kind of dead list for some reason. Shutting down that account and creating a new one would probably remove the "dead" status and the system would give me impressions again.

Why don't you contact them directly?

Originally posted by Walter
    Why don't you contact them directly?
    I did but it takes them 2 days to answer and you only get standard messages pointing to an HTML page that tells you how to increase your CPC and CTR.

Originally posted by taketo
    I did but it takes them 2 days to answer and you only get standard messages pointing to an HTML page that tells you how to increase your CPC and CTR.
    And probably the answer to your problem is on that page.

There is no "dead list" -- as long as your campaigns and ads are not suspended you'd get exactly the same results if you set them up the same way under another account.

Anyway, if it's what you want to do, just create a new login with another email address. Suspend all of the campaigns in the existing account.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

No its not like that. The thing is google analyzes how many impressions they gave you so far and how many clicks you got.

For example from May 20 to May 27 I got:
    clicks impressions CTR CPC Total
    1,707 3,636,239 0.0% €0.22 €382.53

But today on May 30 I got:
    519 impressions, no clicks

Now that 519 imps turned into 0 clicks Google is not giving me impressions anymore.

That shows that the Google system automatically reduces impressions if your CTR is too low and since my CTR has been low recently they are not giving me any impressions anymore. Not getting any impressions means not having a chance to improve my CTR.

As you see to get impressions I need a higher CTR and to get a higher CTR I need impressions so my account is more or less dead.

That`s why I consider to get a new one because the new account doesn`t know that my CTR is not too good.

there should be an option to 'restore campaign' There was when my ads were slowed

That shows that the Google system automatically reduces impressions if your CTR is too low and since my CTR has been low recently they are not giving me any impressions anymore.
    Ah, OK... yeah, they do that. But it's per campaign, keyword, or ad; never for your whole account. You can get around it and start with a clean slate just by creating a new campaign. You don't need a whole new account.

Exactly!

Google's system is self-balancing. Bidding alone won't guarantee that your ads get seen, even if you are willing to pay a high price.

The logic from Google's perspective is that they want the ads they show to surfers to be "relevant". If your click rate is very low, then your ads are not being well received.

More bluntly, if your ads or or web sites suck, Google doesn't want to display them no matter how much you are willing to BUY your way in.

The solution is to modify your ads and your website to make your advertising more appealing and your site more desired when they get there.

That shows that the Google system automatically reduces impressions if your CTR is too low and since my CTR has been low recently they are not giving me any impressions anymore.

Forgot to make this point when I replied to this last time: the above is true, BUT results on content sites are left out of the process -- they don't affect ad delivery or campaign status.

So if they've reduced your delivery rate as a result of low clickthrus, you have to bring up your CTR on the search sites. Spiv is right, and I should have made this point too: simply starting a new campaign (or account) and doing everything exactly the same isn't going to work for long if your results are the same. You have to change your ads, or target different keywords, or increase your bids to get better placement.

Google is very much aware that clickthru results on content sites are dramatically lower than on search sites, so they don't count those results against you. That means that even if you want to focus on content sites you have to be effective on the search site side -- it's just the way the system works.

My search sites have had 0.5% CTR. That's ok I think. I could make the ad like: "Click here and you'll get a million bucks" but actually I only want to pay for visitors who are interested in my offer so I say "Hosting for $xxx per month" in the title so all the guys who are looking for free hosting don't click on it...

For like 15 hours they did not give me a single impression although I started a new campaign. I hope that will be better tomorrow.

I say "Hosting for $xxx per month" in the title so all the guys who are looking for free hosting don't click on it...
    A better approach might be use a title that actually will entice people to click, but use negative keywords like "-free" so that those looking for free hosting won't be as likely to see your ad.

You want your impressions to be seen by people who are likely to be looking for what you're offering.