How can I have Google spider my website?

How can I have my website spidered at Google?

How long should I wait?

Any idea, suggestion, help are welcomed, thanks.

Make a site that is already in google link to you and you will get one soon.

If you get 2 or 3 links for already listed sites your site will be listed in about a week.

a week? it can take over a month. it varies.

you can also submit your site to google, but getting other sites to link to you is key.

If you get a couple of links from sites already in Google's index, submitting isn't really necessary. It won't hurt of course, but you'll probably get spidered from the links being crawled before you would by submitting -- and you won't be in the index without those links anyway.

These days Google is spidering and updating their index more frequently than they used to; it generally doesn't take more than a couple of weeks.

You want to make sure, also, that as much of your site gets spidered as possible. The best approach is to have text links (or failing that, image links) backing up any javascript or flash links that you might be relying on for human visitors, and try to have all important pages available no than two clicks away from the index page -- either from direct navigational linking, or from a site map that's a click off the index page.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Sometimes it might take more than a week or so because the page that links to you was not spidered. If you get some links form pages that are crawled daily, I can assure you that you'll get in G's index in a week or two.

If you are using cPanel... submit your site.

I say...just wait. I read a good article a while back that says just to sit tight and your site will get a higher ranking. I don't know why, but thats what I've always done.

Originally posted by ozzie123
    If you are using cPanel... submit your site.
    Or, while standing on your left foot at midnight facing north, chant three times "googlebot, my site awaits!"

It's be just as effective as submitting through cPanel.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

LOOOOOL hehehe

I don't know why it seemed SOO funny!

No offense, really.