PHP Nuke and Post Nuke

Actually whats the difference between these two? Both seem quite similar in terms of features.

PostNuke is a lot more secure then PHPNuke. But PHPNuke is more popular.

PostNuke is also much easier on server resources than PHPnuke is, that is if you compare both with the stock modules...

Yeah, well Postnuke, is suppose to be more secure and server friendly, but both are crap.
    It's ok for newbie webmasters though. But when your site is popular, you'll have to go to something coded better.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Neither are exactly "secure". I've been toying with both for a few years now and it's to the point where I'm developing my own, for personal usage.

There's a lot of reasons to not use them, the primary of which is development. If you've got users that want to modify stuff, or add stuff to the code, you've GOT to be careful about what you put in there. Most *nuke developers are kids that have no clue about programming (no offense meant to kids that don't know anything about programming, mind you). The problem with this is you run into sql code that can cause the server to hang, or just basically die. I've run into this more than once on nuke'ish servers.

*nuke isn't optimized for large usage, as others have stated. I've seen countless times where sites with 20-50 members online just bring the server down with too many queries. I'd love to see exactly how many queries are produced by *nuke on a single page load, and may tweak it to see just that, would be interesting.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Originally posted by wolfstream
    Neither are exactly "secure". I've been toying with both for a few years now and it's to the point where I'm developing my own, for personal usage.

There's a lot of reasons to not use them, the primary of which is development. If you've got users that want to modify stuff, or add stuff to the code, you've GOT to be careful about what you put in there. Most *nuke developers are kids that have no clue about programming (no offense meant to kids that don't know anything about programming, mind you). The problem with this is you run into sql code that can cause the server to hang, or just basically die. I've run into this more than once on nuke'ish servers.

*nuke isn't optimized for large usage, as others have stated. I've seen countless times where sites with 20-50 members online just bring the server down with too many queries. I'd love to see exactly how many queries are produced by *nuke on a single page load, and may tweak it to see just that, would be interesting.
    I agree, i have a whole page about whats wrong with Nuke based systems, ie how the module systems is set, the crappy file system, and poor, barely OO code used, and the horrible MySQL usage.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest