Worrying TOS point...

OK I was bored and was flicking through a few hosting websites and came across this little gem in a companies TOS

"Any staff member may be fired or not paid for different reasons. We are not here to scam people to work for us without paying them. Staff will be paid for the work they do. No work, no pay."

I have to wonder if they are using their TOS as an employment agreement..

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

I dont know why would they put that in a TOS that is for clients? Personally wouldnt put that online its not for customers!

Someone must teach this person that if you are polite and nice to your employees they will themselves workwell as long as they are motivated by rewards for achieving targets and etc etc.

I think its stupid to put a TOS for employees on the TOS for customers and that too such a harsh and serious one!

Employees=Organization, well motivated employees=prosperous org.

and yes i did get an A in Human Resources in University hehe
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

there are some hosting companies, which i've read about somewhere here in wht sometime ago, that pay their support staff by giving them reseller space. this is, of course, aside from payments received per closed tickets. maybe that's why it's there to show clients that their support staff are paid employees and not part-timers.

this method, imo, is quite counterproductive to a hosting company as the question would come up about what would prevent the support staff from leading a prospective client to his own reselling business.

Originally posted by boeki
    this method, imo, is quite counterproductive to a hosting company as the question would come up about what would prevent the support staff from leading a prospective client to his own reselling business.
    It definetly is counter productive! What a bargain?
    you give them reseller space for working with you, and while they work for you the lead clients to themselves and in return you work for them later
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

That is absurd. It shouldn't be there in the first place. It reflects badly on the hosting company too To publicly show that they treat employees like disposables and that they can be laid off at the whim and fancy of the owners; that's a definite turn off.
    ++++++++
    Providing free cPanel web hosting for over 2 years to community of webmasters
    An independent Burst.net Review

ill Send them this thread of honest opinions, they might get over it

ohk im editing the post now, sorry i mentioned ill send them the link of this thread but i dont even know who they are
    Last edited by Yaser; 05-30-2004 at 04:04 AM.