My new, wicked laptop:)

I just got hold of a widescreen Compaq Pressario laptop from Circuit City. I love the widescreen even though I'm not yet done typing 100 words on the laptop yet

For those of you in need of a laptop, here's the deal:

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...6&catoid=-8026

At about 1100(after taxes) it's a steal

Hmm.. compaq wouldn't be my first choice in buying a new laptop. I have had some very bad experience with them in the past. So, I wish you some better luck with it.
    Brandon Davis
    BD Design & Consulting of Austin - Website & Graphic Design, Hosting & More
    http://www.brandondavis.us

Very sleek, have fun with it man

wow, that looks incredibly similar in design to my powerbook. same hinge mechanism, trackpad positioning, colouring, proportions
    Gone.

Just hope it doesn't have Compaq's trademark flaw, the video cable gets pinched after a while.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

looks pretty cool

hopefully you will have no problems with it

anyway, enjoy it

Funny thing is last year around summer I got the extra-small Averatec. This year it's a widescreen

I'll be traveling next week and can see the Yao Ming ad being played out as my and my sibling roll out our notebooks. LOL.

I congradulate you, besides that nearly all "wide screens" are crap. They look horrible, and everything is streched, because they put crap resolutions on them.

I congradulate you, besides that nearly all "wide screens" are crap. They look horrible, and everything is streched, because they put crap resolutions on them.

I personally like my Toshiba P25 & PowerBook
    The P25 is nice and clear. It gives me a larger area to work with especially when toggling between apps, now I can sit them side by side!

Anyways,
    Good luck with the laptop!

Good luck with your new laptop.

Why did you post this three times?

Originally posted by Hosemeyer
    Not to argue with you, but have you played with one of Gateway's widescreens? I have quiet a bit and have not experienced the problems you're describing.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    Why did you post this three times?
    Probably an accidental triple post, not a crisis.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Probably an accidental triple post, not a crisis.
    I know, I have never seen a triple post and it is extremely hard for me to scroll down with my mouse wheel

Yup, I couldn't tell you why there are three posts, I only clicked the submit button once. I'm guessing its WHT's fault considering we can post once every 90 seconds, and they are much closer than that.

I saw the same laptop about a week ago at Burean en Gros (a subsidiary of Staples) and I liked the price. Only at close to 8 lbs forget about portability, if it's heavier then 5 lbs I call it a minature desktop because it will be sitting on your desk (at least in my case).

It might be good if you plan on moving it from time to time or from house to house but if you want it on the road I don't recommend it.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

I bought an iBook a couple weeks back, 933MHz. As you can immagine I was slightly pissed off when they released the 1.2GHz model a week later for less than what i paid.

Originally posted by flush()
    I bought an iBook a couple weeks back, 933MHz. As you can immagine I was slightly pissed off when they released the 1.2GHz model a week later for less than what i paid.
    you could always eBay it for about 90% of what you paid. then get the 1.2Ghz model.
    Gone.

Isnt this so much cooler ?
    http://www.acer.com/APP/AKC/INTERNET...E?OpenDocument

lol..
    i read about it in road and track.
    Ferrari teamed up with Acer