FAQ Development?

Our FAQ quantity is pretty decent, but they don't seem to get high ratings from the customers.

I was thinking of purchasing some FAQ's from somewhere, but couldn't locate anywhere to buy them. I'm also not the type to "Borrow" from someone else without permission.

I have two questions here. Does anyone know where FAQ's could be found to use, legally?

Or, if there isn't such a thing, would people be interested in it? If I am going ot have to spend the hours to redevelop our FAQ database and increase it to cover everythign I can thing of I would like to be able to get some return from it now and not just in return of happy customers, although that is the primary reason I would do it.

Thanks,

Is it that they aren't getting high ratings, or is it that people aren't taking the time to rate them? I know that a majority of the time I don't take the time to rate things like that. As soon as I find what I need, I'm on my way.

They are being rated. We use eSupport and it shows how many people have rated it and the rating.

I've found that eSupport doesn't have a very good rating system at all. It's either GOOD or BAD. No in between.

I've written a ton of FAQ's for one of the helpdesks I manage, and they are long, solid, and to the point. But if the user is looking for something else, then they will just rate the FAQ as not helpful, which is where you see the bad ratings from. On other support systems, I use the same FAQ's and they get much better ratings because those systems have a 1,2,3,4,5 rating system.
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

eSupport actually have 5 stars, although you can only rate good or bad, I agree.

Maybe we should provide them feedback for this and they might add: Mediocre, good, Excellent, and other terms

They would lisen to client feedback more so if you are their client please stand up
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Also with eSupport if you're getting Googled (or hit by any other spider) it'll rate the article as bad.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating: remove your FAQ page for a day and watch your support tickets soar (or just take my word for it ).

Kevin

Originally posted by Yaser
    Maybe we should provide them feedback for this and they might add: Mediocre, good, Excellent, and other terms

They would lisen to client feedback more so if you are their client please stand up
    Would that mean if I got googled it wouldn't be able to decide so it would just give up on rating them bad.

Just joking.

I hadn't known about the google thing, but that definitely could be it. PR 4 rank sites tend to get googled and that is a good and a bad thing, especially in this aspect.

Anybody know any way to keep this from happening?

And there is no way I would take down our FAQ page!

I could just see the result of that. Clients would look like: and and and god only knows how many other looks we would get.............