mysql restore question

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum (moderators please fill free to move it to the correct place) but I needed to ask a question and wasn't sure where to do so...

I have a database bigger then 100MG (103 to be exact) and I want to restore it onto another server which does not permit SSH ACCESS to my account, and does not use cPanel.

Is there any other way to restore it onto the new server?

Re: mysql restore question

Originally posted by wtocg
    I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum (moderators please fill free to move it to the correct place) but I needed to ask a question and wasn't sure where to do so...

I have a database bigger then 100MG (103 to be exact) and I want to restore it onto another server which does not permit SSH ACCESS to my account, and does not use cPanel.

Is there any other way to restore it onto the new server?
    PHPMyAdmin if you have access to it, but it's not recommended for large files like this.

Or, you can email the host and ask them to restore it for you.
    Administrator & Webmaster:
    MegaGames
    MegaGames Forum

i dont think phpmyadmin will handle it (it'll time out).

What you can do is split up in smalelr sections and do it through phpmyadmin .

I did try PHPMYAdmin but it timed out, so I was not sure if there was any other way, or maybe possibly a script that could do it for me.

Just ask your host. They shouldn't have a problem with doing it.

The new server is ran by my friend, and he can't get SSH to work, so he isn't sure what to do. So I thought possibly there might be some script, that might be able to do this job.

can't get ssh to work??

No... I think it is because the server I am on does not have a separate password for every database. So I just leave it blank, but on my other server which used cPanel, when I created the database I created a password, and I would use that password...

So now I am not sure what to fill in for password.