View Poll Results: What is most important from a hosting provider?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Support

5 50.00%
  • Price - Features

2 20.00%
  • Disk space

0 0%
  • Bandwidth

3 30.00%

Hybrid View

Arrow Make an offer on hosting

Hello,
    I own a web hosting company, BW Hosting (bwwebhosting.com) and would like to host your website. So here's what I'm doing, you email me with an offer of what you will pay per month and for how much space and bandwidth. If I accept your offer, I will email you back with a payment link (Paypal) and your account details. You will have 10 days to make the payment after which if payment isn't recieved, then I will cancel your account. Be reasonable, I'm not going to give unlimited bandwidth or unlimited space and I may counter your offer. You will however have unlimited emails, ftp accounts, unlimited subdomains, unlimited MySQL databases, preintsalled scripts such as PHP Nuke or PostNuke, 4images, etc. You will also be able to host multiple domains (depending on bid).

You can go to my hosting site's link and see all of the features.

If interested, email me at makeoffer@bwwebhosting.com and put WebHostingTalk in the subject line.

Thank you and have a great day!

Bendy

I voted bandwidth, most hosts offer all good features but bandwidth is most expensive and really most important... Support is second most important, if your support is unfriendly or it takes more than a day for any kind of reply...well....thats terrible.

Edit: I look forward to seeing other peoples opinions, nice thread.

bandwidth is the thing to learn more too.
    -Jay, Dermp Hosting Manager
    Use the coupon "WHT" and SAVE 75% off the first month on any plan!

although space is as equally important...
    -Jay, Dermp Hosting Manager
    Use the coupon "WHT" and SAVE 75% off the first month on any plan!

I consider support the server reliability the most important factor tied with tech support.

Bandwidth is not that important. Most of the sites out there do not use even 5GB.

What hosts do is :
    They tend to blind you with high bandwidth. You know why? Because they know that you won't use it Even if someone uses what big hosts offer for like $9 (50GB or more bandwidth), it is not a problem, because 99% of the other users actually do not spend even 10% of the bandwidth allowed. So, the high bandwidth site is automatically payed by the users you do not spend it.

It is called Bandwidth overselling. This also applies for space, mail accounts, etc.

Hope that this is somehow helpful to you.

This isnt always the case, I host quite a few online radio stations, they were attracted to me down to the 1200Gb of data transfer they get per month

I am very much for customising hosting packages for clients, so they always get and pay for what they need, rather than pay for something they dont use (as you rightly said).

EDIT: Support/Reliability is the most important thing.
    LowCostDedi Ltd - www.LowCostDedi.co.uk

Support is most important.
    - Keith