How hosting companys treat you when your no longer a client...

Anu: Welcome to our live chat service.
    Anu: Hello. How may I assist you?
    you: hi
    you: i had a account here
    you: domain: gamenationz.com
    you: and i asked one support too notify when my hosting period ended
    you: i tryed getting into cpanel a while ago and it seemed my account stuff is gone
    you: without any notification
    Anu: please hold on Sir,
    Anu: i'll check this
    you: the most important thing ilost is the stacks of emails that where involved..
    you: sir? [15 min later]
    Anu: yes Sir,
    Anu: ur account expired
    Anu: an it was expired from April
    you: do you still have a backup?
    Anu: hold on sec
    you: sure
    Anu: yes, data is there
    you: could u zip the mails?
    Anu: Sir, may i create payment link for account renewal?
    you: hmm well i dont own a cc, my parrents made payed for it
    you: -made
    Anu: ok, hold on sec
    you: so i dont think i can renew
    Anu: <http://www.ipaysys.com/customorder/r...php?urlId=2317>
    Anu: please use above URL if u wishing to renew ur account
    you: sir i cant renew, because i dont own a cc
    Anu: ok
    you: but can i still have the backup?
    Anu: nop, ur account was expired
    you: yeah but i didnt get notified...
    Anu: and billing told they were contacted u by using [email protected]
    you: infiniti (something like that) told me 5gbhosting WILL notifie me when expiration is near, which i didnt get...
    you: my mail is [email protected] ...
    Anu: nop, u gave above email id when u signup
    Anu: so, u can't get access without renewing ur account
    you: so you wont zip the files ...
    you: nice service...
    you: Its good to know how hosting companys treat you when your no longer customer...
    Anu: nop
    Anu: we can't do any thing without renewing ur account
    Anu: coz, billing already contacted before expiration
    Anu: and u had enough time to do backups
    Anu: that's all
    you: well good day. Another satisfied customer, huh?

Right now im prtty pissed because THEY DIDNT contact me, for obvious reasons i wont tell what company im talking about.

Share your bad experiences with hosts.

Well, I even had a worst tone of communication when I wanted to move from www.HostingPlex.com.

I literlarly begged them to have my domain moved, and in the end after moving it, I realized that my new account (on another company) was working, and www.HostingPlex.com did not even notify me that they have moved it.

Ah, I don't want to remember what they did... Thank God I found a better host.

First thing you should do when signing up for Hosting service that has a chat is to check the spelling.

coz, u, plz... stay away from them.

Originally posted by Maquiavelo
    First thing you should do when signing up for Hosting service that has a chat is to check the spelling.

Why would he have to do such a thing? As long as he's a client, no matter what language a person uses, the other party has to accept it.

It probably doesn't show professionalism, but at least, its making them earn money.

HMmm i do believe i placed this thread in the wrong forum...sorry about that mods, could one of the mods please move it.

Any company that spells like a 10-year old kid scares me.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Oh, my mistake.

Maquiavelo, you where refering to the company and not to the client.

I beg your pardon. Yes, you have a point, I agree on that 100%.

I have to agree. That spelling was scary...

Originally posted by Artashes
    Any company that spells like a 10-year old kid scares me.
    Any company that is marketing to English speaking customers and represents itself on any chat/email like that scares me.

That is very bad customer service.So informal?
    Good way to lose customers.

Quite honestly I only understood about 25% of what was said in that chat session

However Arc, I think you were the one that was wrong in this situation, as inane as their staff may be. You can't sign up with one e-mail, then expect to get the expiration notification at another.

At least you have customer support to talk to. My previous hosting plan didn't have a proper customer support. Their servers keep crashing, downtimes are "normal" and I got unlucky enough for my LIVE and backup copies of my files to be wiped out at the same time. Bwahaha...

you just e-mail the admins and post in their phpBB forums and pray to all your gods hoping for a reply. sometimes, it takes up to 2-3 weeks for a reply.. and when it comes, they'll just say "we're looking into it... please give us some time... give me more details... etc". Very efficient.

I filed my refund request ages ago, and still haven't heard a word since. Actually, they sent an e-mail asking for more details.. and my claim was made a month ago now. I'm quite hopeful and optimistic, hope my $30+ won't be gone in cyberspace =)

Anyway, my new host Cybexhost.com has been great... but for some reasons, it has been down lately. Pls god, let it not be another pinch-whoops...
    =)
    Loc: Pg, Msia (.my)

a host of mine emailed me telling me my account had been move and to update DNS servers so i assumed i had a fair amount of time to do this but then a day later my sites were all down so i had to update the DNS and when the DNS change transfered i noticed a lot of files missing so i checked my databases in particular and noticed my 240mb forum was 30mb in size (MySQL)

I asked the host for a backup so i could upload the full database but they told me they dont have a backup. I told them it was THEIR responsibility for handling my account from my old server to the new as they moved everything themselves but they wouldn't accept responsibility.

Thanks to their clumsy handle of switching servers, i lost 3 weeks of data.

I know its my responsibilty to back-up but if a host is gonna touch my files to move to a new server then i expect everything to be just as it was.

That crappy host spends too much time on a good looking site disregarding the fact that they are unproffesional, too clumsy and stubborn to notice their mistakes.

Not true in all cases - I am an ex-client of rusko.us (nothing wrong w/ the service) and I still talk to Paul every once in a while, he is an awesome guy who helps w/ alot of stuff. He knows his stuff too.

Cheers to those hosts like rusko

Originally posted by Maquiavelo

I am willing to place a $100 bet that "Anu" is Indian. "coz, u, plz" and such abbreviations are quite common in Indian chatting culture. However, having dealt with many professionals in India, I can tell you the tone of communication is the best hint about how the person or his organization is.

This is outrightly unprofessional manner of dealing with this. EVEN if the host had a policy that would force you to pay in order to retrieve your files, there could are 100 better ways of communicating that to you so that both the host and you ended up happy.

Sad, but part of business.

Originally posted by zaid2001
    I am willing to place a $100 bet that "Anu" is Indian. "coz, u, plz" and such abbreviations are quite common in Indian chatting culture. However, having dealt with many professionals in India, I can tell you the tone of communication is the best hint about how the person or his organization is.

Sad, but part of business.
    Its 100% true either they are Indian or they hired any call cetner's operator service. The responce is restricted to certain parameters and looks like they are answering from a set of answers prepared for them. Its very sad my own country people do like that. Previously we are known for the great hospitality

Internet shorthand is one thing, but I do expect a tech staff to at least reply in proper English. It's just not professional to use shorthand.

But on that note, you should be aware of when your account expires and keep a lookout for the end date even if they said that they will remind you. Not that I condone what they have done, though

If Indians are bad in Tech support what about Americans who use tech support to learn about hosting ?

I am not saying Indians are bad as I am an Proud Indian too. Excellant service people are there you have to hunt for them. the Next thing is the attitude which is still lacking somewhere The attitude changes frequently. recently i offloaded a project to an Indian ISO 9000 company about six months back and paid them higher for which they are getting less from outside india, Just to get my things on time. You will be astonished to know the project is not yet completed almost seven months running. Where as there US clients get the job within the timeframe, simply because there are laws to protect them and since I belongs to same city I have been treated like that. may be slightly off topic