* Sites off? server Down?

Hello, I am losing customers, in less than a month I have to re setup my accounts losing all information.
    My question is there is any way how to keep my sites always on line? Can I use more than 2 NS1. IP addresses?
    Really at this point is very painful to set up again all domains manually.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks,

I don't understand what you mean. You would really only want to use extra nameservers if you have more than one server and want the domain to show up the same on all of them.

Nameserver's really have no affect on uptime, unless for some reason your provider is having problems with them. Uptime is a reflection on mainly the server and the network. What specifically is causing your downtime?

Thanks jlm3188, my question is how to keep my sites always online. You mean to have 2 servers just in case one fails? but how?, my provider can give me the dns? or can I rent it from someone else? (the server)

How do you keep your sites always online?

Well, it really isn't possible with your financials to keep them online every second of the day for forever. What I meant by the two servers does not really affect you. It's something totally different that I don't want to confuse you with.

I'm not exactly sure what you question is though because I don't know your circumstances. What type of hosting do you currently have?

I'm not sure if its what iceon wants to know, but I heard that if I set up 2nd account on 2nd server for the same domain name, and setup nameservers for it, ie., ns3.my_site_com and ns4.my_site_com, if and when 1st server is down (ns1.my_site_com and ns2.my_site_com), it resolve to 2nd server..

I cannot explain well, but is this correct?

Well, theoretically it sounds like it would work. Some issues could arise with that because you can't have a client sign into one control panel, and automatically change both servers. So, if the first server is down, and the second server goes online, it may be outdated information.

My question is, though, how much downtime are you actually getting. If you are getting more than a few minutes a month, you should consider moving to a new host. He may have just had bad experiences with one host, and now has the impression that that is how every host is.... which is not the case.

Most hosts guarantee 99% or higher uptimes, and most of them hold true. I think it would be much easier to move to a more reliable host than to worry about have duplicate servers. Obviously, if the person can afford to get a second server for backup, they could afford to possibly pay a bit more for a guaranteed uptime from an established, reputable company.

Hi, that is correct I will try to move to more reliable provider, thansk for your posts.

Your welcome. I mean, if you are experiencing anything more than an hour of downtime a month, MOVE! I think you should check out Dinix.com.

Originally posted by jml3188
    Your welcome. I mean, if you are experiencing anything more than an hour of downtime a month, MOVE! I think you should check out Dinix.com.
    Mabye I understood wrong, but I think he meant he IS moving his accounts to a new server and doesn't want there to be any downtime in the process.

I usually just recreate the accounts on the new server, then change the IP's of the nameservers and leave the old one up til the domains resolve to the new server.
    "Television has brought back murder into the home -- where it belongs."
    ♣ Alfred Hitchcock ♣

Maybe I read wrong then! It doesn't matter though.