Need admin help with Exim forwarding

Hello,

I am running a cPanel system with Exim 4.34 and have been searching for hours for a simple way to setup users so they can forward their mail without it being delivered locally. In other words, if a user has the e-mail address [email protected] on my system, they would like to be able to forward their mail to another external address without it collecting in the [email protected] inbox. The only way I know to do this is by removing the user's account and this is not an option.

Please PM me with a quote. If this goes well, I may very well hire you for future jobs as well. The important thing is that you can document what you do so that I can keep it on file for future reference.

Thank you!

-John Hoover
    Peruda Networks LLC
    [email protected]

Just put their e-mail address in a .forward file in their home directory. I just saved you money.

Thanks! Tried that several times already though and to no avail.

I can do this for you contact me and me will discuss a price

ref http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=276774

You can do it from cpanel user panel / mail / forward.
    Uadm.com - Unix Administration, Security and Support.
    http://www.uadm.com
    "Unix is user friendly; it's just picky about who its friends are."

I'm having a hard time communicating exactly what I need. I realize that forwarding can be setup from cPanel and I do that all the time. The problem is that if you already have an e-mail account, and you setup a forwarder that forwards mail sent to that account to another address, the e-mail is saved locally AND forwarded to the other e-mail address. This results in two messages: one on my server and one on the server of the forwarding address. This is what I need fixed - I need a way to ONLY forward e-mail and not save it locally. If anyone knows of an Exim filter/configuration for this, I would be interested. Thank you!

Install procmail and use .forward and .procmailrc file ( and set the rules ) to forward the mail to an other address without leaving a copy
    Please contact me if you need help with this.
    But one question still remains : if you want all the mails forwarded, why do you still need a mailbox for that account ?
    SupportExpertz.com - the name says it all!
    Managed Cloud Servers
    Server Management and Monitoring
    24x7 outsourced customer support

Thanks. I ended up hiring someone who did a good job of re-configuring my exim configuration to forward without saving a local copy. However, in the future I may need the ability to change the forwarding preferences on an individual account, if one person needs to save a local copy AND forward their e-mail for instance. Would procmail enable me to control this on a per-account basis (using a .forward file or what have you)?

Originally posted by visiondream3
    Install procmail and use .forward and .procmailrc file ( and set the rules ) to forward the mail to an other address without leaving a copy
    Please contact me if you need help with this.
    But one question still remains : if you want all the mails forwarded, why do you still need a mailbox for that account ?

Great! Thanks for the response, Guy.