Hybrid View

Received Email - Notification by SMS

I hope this is the right place to put this.

I have a client who asked me if i am able to do this setup for him, but i said i could try. So i'm depending on you guys.

So its like this, he wants something like, upon receiving an email in his account, he wants an sms to be sent notifying him of the receiving of the email.

How do i go about deploying this? Direct me please.

Thanks.

RapidFire

Hi,

there are 2 script that does what you want

http://adamspiers.org/computing/email2sms/
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=1641

Hope it helps

The first step is to get a script that is able to represent the email into an SMS text message. TheAnarchist suggested some good scripts.

However the next step is to find an email to SMS gateway. This costs money for every SMS text message sent out via the gateway. The pricing will depend on where you live and the facilities enabled by your Communication company.

Cool, i must see what can it do...

There are a few sites which offer this service. You create an email account there and forward the mails from your site to this account and they will notify you about the new mails. Check rediff.com and if you are in Delhi/Bombay, India you may wish to try mtnlmail.com service. These services cost you some money
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

A lot of cellular providers allow you just send an email to number@provider.com

for example, I use sprint and anyone can send me an email to 5555555555@sprintpcs.com (obviously, insert a real number for the 555's) and it will come through on my phone.
    Protollix - Sean Finkel
    Email
    Website
    Shared Hosting :: Cloud Hosting

Actually, that would be ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com.

Checkout www.sms2email.com, they provide you with an option to be notified through SMS once you receive an email.
    ++++++++
    Providing free cPanel web hosting for over 2 years to community of webmasters
    An independent Burst.net Review