400 clients for sale

Hello

My name is Blair . I am looking to broker a deal where by I have a fair number of clients for a well established design firm that wants to get out of the hosting business all together(they just wanna focus on design) . The clients themeslves bring in a tidy sum if 102, 000 dollars a year. There are all shared clients . Dont require any major software installs . If this is some thing that interests you please reply and we will exchange contact info

Blair
    Last edited by blairsky; 05-29-2004 at 10:06 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

if u'll sell them to me for under $200 consder it sold
      0 Not allowed!

We're interested.

PM back details.
      0 Not allowed!

Please contact me about this - Simon[at]AQHost.com
      0 Not allowed!

What is the website? And what are the packages they are on?
      0 Not allowed!

I am highly interested, please contact me via the EMAIL link in the options below or click the PM me link.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Please contact me as you don't have enough posts to PM you!
    eXeGaming : Professional Gaming Organization
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

102, 000 US Dollars, I think they're looking for a lot more than 200$ lol.

I have spoken to my CEO and is interested in placing a bid, can you please leave an email so we can go into further detail please.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company
      0 Not allowed!

I'm very intersted myself, please contact me as soon as you can
    http://www.blutekhosting.com
    economical reliable web hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Can I ask, how 400 shared hosting clients bring in 102 thousand dollars a year? Is this USD? Is this including domains registrations? I hope so because without domain registrations being included the average cost of your clients hosting is 255 dollars.... I am stumped. Even with domain registrations clients are still paying (on average) 200+ dollars/year. What are your plan prices? Are they all 20 dollars a month+?
    To assume perfection is merely a display of ignorance.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by pmoduk2
    102, 000 US Dollars, I think they're looking for a lot more than 200$ lol.

I have spoken to my CEO and is interested in placing a bid, can you please leave an email so we can go into further detail please.
    I think it is odd that this poster and the thread starter both used no dollar sign and both put that extra space when typing "102, 000". They also showed a strange (for a bidding competitor) interest in the previously offered $200 bid.

I apologize for this if I am wrong... but if I were a mod, I would be looking into this.
      0 Not allowed!

He didnt say "a tidy sum of $102,000 dollars"
    He said "a tidy sum if 102, 000 dollars" (HUGE differences in meaning)

I cant figure it out, but I wouldnt just assume these are typos. I mean, if you were trying to sell clients of such high value, wouldnt you choose your words carefully and make sure your post contained no errors? Would you use words like "wanna"?

Lastly these are supposedly shared hosting/design clients bringing in $21.25 per month on average!? Wow! And these guys want to concentrate on design and get out of hosting! C'mon! Think about this before you get ripped off. Would you want out of a profit powerhouse like that?

MODS: I am so certain this is a scam, if I am proven wrong please suspend me for trashing a sales thread. Sorry, but I get sick of seeing this sort of abuse to this otherwise wonderful forum.

Eric
    Last edited by internext; 05-29-2004 at 12:39 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

The point in my post. 20 dollars a month per customer (average) is high for a shared host.
    The only way to know if this is the same person is for the admins to check the ip address of the two users. If they are the same then well, you know. But if he is usig two different computers then there isn't a way for them to know. You could do a tracert on the two ips, however this wouldn't be a for sure answer.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by HotLinkHost
    Can I ask, how 400 shared hosting clients bring in 102 thousand dollars a year? Is this USD? Is this including domains registrations? I hope so because without domain registrations being included the average cost of your clients hosting is 255 dollars.... I am stumped. Even with domain registrations clients are still paying (on average) 200+ dollars/year. What are your plan prices? Are they all 20 dollars a month+?
    That is an average of $21.25 per month for each client

or maybe it is 102,000 CAD
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jezzomaster
    That is an average of $21.25 per month for each client

or maybe it is 102,000 CAD
    I know my division skills.
      0 Not allowed!

This has gone off-Topic. MODS, please see if this might be frawed or close this thread please and have seller, if not a scam, recreate with more detaisl so that this will not happen again.
    Biznesshosting, Inc. DBA VOLICO - Intelligent Hosting Solutions
    East Coast Enterprise Dedicated Servers and Miami Colocation.
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by HotLinkHost
    $20 a month for webhosting is STILL a good rate for hosting in fact its a great deal for someone whos not fly by nite
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by gilbert
    $20 a month for webhosting is STILL a good rate for hosting in fact its a great deal for someone whos not fly by nite
    $20 USD a month is a very high AVERAGE price for a shared only host. 80% of shared hosting plans out there range in price from $3 to $25 a month ($30 on the Very high end). It is highly doubtfull that the average price of all 400 Shared accounts are paying $20 USDollars a month.
      0 Not allowed!

I find it odd that the original poster has not replied to defend his post...
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by CPQIS Evan
    I find it odd that the original poster has not replied to defend his post...
    Yea me too.
      0 Not allowed!

These are web hosting clients of a web design firm. These customers tend to not be very familiar with market prices. They do not possess the technical skills to easily jump ship to another host.

When you think about it, $20 / month is really nothing to a small business. I also wouldn't be surprised if it also included some free minor design changes.
      0 Not allowed!

I know a lot of firms that charge $200 a month. Even more. Looks like you folks are not aware of what the design market it.

Hosting sites in a design company is always expensive. Specially the big ones.
    PenguinPower.eu :: 100% European Cloud-Based Web Hosting
    European Service means European Quality.
    Visit us today at https://www.penguinpower.eu!
      0 Not allowed!

I still find the "casualness" of the original post pretty odd. I know I would be alot more careful in how I posted if I was trying to sell such a valuable asset.

In fact, look at blairsky's previous posts. On April 23, he claimed "I work for a very well capitalized webhosting company who main method of expanding its client base is through aquisition".

Its only a month later. So why not acquire these 400 clients?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ericv8
    I think it is odd that this poster and the thread starter both used no dollar sign and both put that extra space when typing "102, 000". They also showed a strange (for a bidding competitor) interest in the previously offered $200 bid.

I apologize for this if I am wrong... but if I were a mod, I would be looking into this.
    It also seems odd that on WHT there have been several offers buy newbies without enough posts to recieve PMs that are trully amazing like this one but never provide other contact info just telling people to PM them and they can't recieve PMs.

Sorry for my assumptions of a Joker here...
      0 Not allowed!

Innocent until proven guilty
    Last edited by jezzomaster; 05-29-2004 at 03:26 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by adjkhost
    I know a lot of firms that charge $200 a month. Even more. Looks like you folks are not aware of what the design market it.

Hosting sites in a design company is always expensive. Specially the big ones.
    These clients are paying for HOSTING according to the first post in this thread. We're not talking about monthly design charges.
      0 Not allowed!

I think the TS should post some more information - and clarify what needs clarification...
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Not fraud

My appologies for not being more precise. Yes it is 102,000 $ a year and I take offense to those assuming I am ripping people off. This is a deal which I may broker and am gauging interest . There will be an apa (asset purchase agreement and buyer and seller will be introduced at the appropriate time . They want out of the hosting business as they are both pretty well off already and who knows what other reasons there are . Its none of your business anyway. I asked for interest and contact information for people . I intend to earn a commision of this and the seller understands that no money will be exchanged untill he receives the data file , the signed apa from the buyer and the migration complete. My appologies if I didnt jump as high and as soon as you wanted me to
      0 Not allowed!

Meow.

Sorry, but it seems odd that a month ago you stated you "work for a very well capitalized webhosting company who main method of expanding its client base is through aquisition".

Its only a month later. So why not acquire these 400 clients? It seems odd that you would seek to sell what you so recently proclaimed to desire to acquire for yourself.

You even posted a means by which this very sort of client could have you take them over.

Sorry if that sort of thing makes people skeptical. I am personally wary of gamblers carrying two-headed coins.
    Last edited by internext; 05-30-2004 at 12:49 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Not fraud

Originally posted by Akash
    I think the TS should post some more information - and clarify what needs clarification...
    Originally posted by blairsky
    My appologies for not being more precise...
    ...Its none of your business anyway...
    ...My appologies if I didnt jump as high and as soon as you wanted me to...
    I for one am unimpressed by your lack of professionalism and rudeness to a community leader. I thoroughly doubt you are qualified to be involved in such transactions. Just my opinion. But alot of slick-talkers have passed through here, so YES it is the business of a community leader when they ask you for clarification. They (as well as concerned members) are only trying to maintain the integrity of this forum.
    Last edited by internext; 05-30-2004 at 01:07 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Well . My appologies that people are pretty skittish here and this will certianly be the last time I ever bring anything like this in . I still work for this company. This aquisition they have no interest in as they are busy aquiring larger ones . I was told that I might get the permision from my employer to go ahead and sell this one independantly which I have yet to get (but I most likely will ) and then I have to get in contact with the previouse client and let him know of the details and since I have had so many obnoxiouse mealy mouthed demands for them here they are . These are the steps that the deal will take and if you have an iq above 12 and dont drink out of the toilet you will see that you wont be ripped off

1) Full questionaire from you to submitt to the seller to ensure that your platform will handle the cleints

2) Report on how many pay by check and how many pay by credit card

3) Questionair and report submitted to you for verification

4) Offer made

5) APA (asset purchase agreement ) sent via fax

6) Signed by seller and faxed to buyer

7) Signed by buyer and faxed back to seller

8) inked signed copy couriered to both buyer and seller

9) data file submitted to Buyer

10 ) Migration takes place

11) Seller and Broker paid via certified check couriered to their address's within 15 days after cleints are on the new platform .

I thought that I would get polite responses of yes I am intersted . contact me and we will go from here . But no . I am thinking now of getting my account cancled and having my reputation damaged as some one who is a scam artist. You didnt give us enough details you cry. Well if you responded and were interested you woulld of got all the details you want. I think its impolite to demand information and then slander some one when you dont get it . Then people have the gall to demand I disclose full details in an open forum. What is wrong with you !

I was expecting people to either show interest or keep quite. Then when we dealt with each if you werent satisfied with dislosemdent of information or any details then all you would have to say is No thanks Deal is off ! Nuff said

As for the deal it is off . I didnt think this would generate this much heat . I will email the admin and disclose any information they want and then have my acct closed .

Good by
      0 Not allowed!