Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: managed.com

Yea!
    Well I am currently looking for a new dedicated host in the 60 dollar range
    Any ideas?
    You keep changing your figures... in one post you say $70, then you say $80, then you say $60. Which is it? I'm beginning to think you're not serious about purchasing a dedicated server.

You see I said 60 here cause thats the price of the server brought from managed and 70 in my first post cause it was my starting price in that 'request' and after figuring how much I can afford at max i figure I would say 80 just incase some one knew of such a service.

Originally posted by Tom O'Connor
    I was not aware of that, however we are in the business of mission critical hosting.
    Then you might want to look for a host who offeres 24/7 support.

What kind of service does Managed.com offer?
    We offer 24 hours 7 days a week reboot service (reboot@managed.com). However, all other network and hardware issues are from 9:00 – 6:00 pm Pacific standard time, Monday – Friday.

The price doesnt really matter, I wanted a cheap box to backup some streaming customers on to. If I had of known I would have had to go though this crap just to get access to the flippen box never mind having problems with it I would have went with EV1 again or put a backup server into one of my own racks locally.

Its been over 30 hours now and managed, have not gotten back to me.

I am guessing they are going to leave it until monday, pack of crooks.

From what I have heard they don't work weekends but I think they have techs there 7 days a week.
    Toeki - a Fikarast Co., Ltd. business (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, Bank Transfers and all crypto currencies (BTC, ETC, LTC ...etc)
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net

i guess i was lucky when i got a verification call..

i was taking an afternoon nap.. the rep was kind enough to apologize for waking me =D
    josh

grrrrrrrrrr

they still have not gotten back to my mails, its been days I have mailed them heaps of times

I guess I will have to start shouting via an international call.

I cant belive they just stole my money.

This really is nuts, they are just ignoring me, what the hell can I do.

You can always initiate a charge-back...

You can always initiate a charge-back...
    This is true, but ask yourself is it worth it?

I always LOL when is see the “just charge it back” (not picking on you Watcher_TVI) for not being satisfied with service because if you develop a history repeatedly charging back your going to hurt yourself in the long run.

I am not saying you should or should not make a charge back I am just saying that the credit card companies look at your history and depending on the dollar amount it is sometimes better to just move on.

I don't suggest that course of action very often, and I agree it should be a last resort. However in this case from what I've read in this thread there were multiple charges made and no server provided. Since managed.com has a no refund policy I'll go out on a limb and say he probably won't get his money back unless he does initiate a charge-back...

And he probably will not get his money after he initiates a charge back as mangaed.com is covered in the "TOS", just a guess.

This may be different since they never provided the service and charged him multiple times anyway. If it were my credit card company I like the odds...

I hope for Tom O'Connor you are correct :-)

Talking

I am not saying you should or should not make a charge back I am just saying that the credit card companies look at your history and depending on the dollar amount it is sometimes better to just move on.
    I believe you should follow up with a notice giving them a final reminder and dateline and failing which you will need to do a chargeback if there's no action or reply on their part. Normally when chargeback is mentioned, there's always a panic reaction.

Keep the emails and when requesting a chargeback you usually will need all the supporting documents. Don't worry, you won't be penalised by the credit card company as they always want your business and money so there's nothing they can do to you. Of course if your payment(s) defaults or non-payment then you will be blacklisted by most banks and it will be difficult to get another card when they do a check on your personal details and your bad record rating shows up.

Regards
    Last edited by cactus; 06-02-2004 at 08:31 AM.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

The downside is if you do a chargeback then managed.com may blacklist you and you may never again be able to get a sever from them. If it's a small amount, it would be in your interest to let it go and not worth pursuing.

Regards
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

I think given his current experience with them that he would never be going back to managed.com anyway.

Tom O'Connor, I'd say go a head and issue the chargeback with your bank. They have no right treating you this way. And, especially, if they are considering this period as billable (i.e., the charged period where you are offline) it would be considered fraud on managed.com's part.

In terms of it having been Memorial Day here in the US, if a company wants to serve the international community then they need to be available to the international community. At the very least, someone could have replied to his email. The rest of the world doesn't shut down simply because there is a holiday in the US.

Originally posted by Ishtaria
    In terms of it having been Memorial Day here in the US, if a company wants to serve the international community then they need to be available to the international community. At the very least, someone could have replied to his email. The rest of the world doesn't shut down simply because there is a holiday in the US.
    We were able to get through to the Customer Service Manager at Nocster on Monday - Things like that are needed when you're dealing with clients from all over. I'd say that we have as many clients from the US as clients abroad.

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtaria
    In terms of it having been Memorial Day here in the US, if a company wants to serve the international community then they need to be available to the international community
    They don't even provide support on the week ends for anyone, I doubt they care very much about providing support for the International community 24/7

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtaria
    In terms of it having been Memorial Day here in the US, if a company wants to serve the international community then they need to be available to the international community
    They don't even provide support on the week ends for anyone, I doubt they care very much about providing support for the International community 24/7
    Well, in light of a policy problem I was experiencing at ServerMatrix, I was considering managed.com as another option. I'm glad that I saw this as I've taken them off of my list of possibilities.

Exclamation

I am happy to say I got my refund.

Well most of it, they where a few cent short.

Managed.com where very rude.

View their reply below.

To: Tom O'Connor

Subject: Re: order AA*****-**

Date: Wed 06/02/04 03:22 PM

Attachments
    Name Type Save View
    Message text/plain Save

You got your refund. Please do not waste your time to write mail. Thanks.

Thomas O'Connor wrote:

>Your english in this mail is not the best, I dont understand what you
    are trying to say? Did you issue this credit is that what you are
    telling me ?
    >
    >
    >--- Linda <linda@managed.com> wrote:
    >Dear Tom,
    >We cancelled your order . The following is your refund confirmation
    >information.
    >We do auto charge by web. BUT even you has been approved by web that it

>is not mean you are not credit fraud. We alway do more verify on credit.

>I sent the mail and attachment to you to request more information. If
    >your are the real card holder. You should have all the information
    which
    >we requested. Then we can process your order immediately. We have very
    >good record on fast response. Now you are wasting your time to delay
    >your order. Thanks for your mail.
    >Linda

I had to read it 6 times to get the meaning out of her sentences.

Originally posted by Testtube302
    I had to read it 6 times to get the meaning out of her sentences.
    Terrible service, rude staff, horrible policys thats my review of them anyhow.

I'm glad you got your refund Tom and thank you for keeping this thread updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast