Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: managed.com

managed.com

I want to make a little post about the jokers at managed.com , I thought I would get a box off them last week to use as a backup server.

I placed a order a week ago, got a confirm after that I heard notting at all from them.

Today I was viewing my credit card balance online and saw that they had billed me for the server.

I contacted them by phone today, calling from Ireland to the USA, they put me on hold for quite some time. I hung up.

I then mailed support and they have the cheak to send me out a order form.

They state they need photo id, a signed fax etc.. to take my order.

But what the hell they already took my money, they want me to fax paper work to the US from Ireland after them already billing me.

I have now requested they canceal my order and refund my money. I am now waiting to hear back from "Sam".

When I think of this company now the word theifs comes into mind.

This is my experience, heads up when buying from managed.com .

"managed"
    Last edited by Tom O'Connor; 05-28-2004 at 10:45 PM.

sorry to hear about your experience, but i think it's in the wrong forum,

but i think it's in the wrong forum
    Not necessarily.

There is alot of fraud going around so you can't blame them for asking for some kind of ID.
    Toeki - a Fikarast Co., Ltd. business (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, Bank Transfers and all crypto currencies (BTC, ETC, LTC ...etc)
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net

why they wouldn't tell him in the first place they need the info?

they just want to bill the customer and wait for the CUSTOMER to contact them asking what happened so far?

their name is managed and nothing is managed ? it should be all automated just like EV1
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I don't see whats the problem with their name Managed.com because they do manage the server, hardware etc - just because they don't set the config for you doesn't mean that they don't manage anything.

I think they didn't know the order was from Ireland until later so they asked for the ID etc - I don't see why is that difficult to fax them what they need to proccess the order.
    We accept PayPal, Bank Transfers and all crypto currencies (BTC, ETC, LTC ...etc)

I have had experience with managed and they have been fine with everything so far. It is most likely due to the fact that you live in another country and verification might be hard due to this. As to why you did not hear from them sooner is another question. I do not know

I got this from Managed.com website.
    I'm not sure if you'll be able to get a refund since they have a no refund policy.
    2. All charges for Services (including installation and professional support fees) are non-refundable and must be paid in advance according to the then current price applicable to the Services.
    Let us know how it goes with Managed.com

My experience with Managed.com has been swell. Setup only took about 2 days, all my emails have been responded within an hour, including the one I got Saturday early morning. I would NOT recommend Managed.com for server management beginners.

hmmm no refund !
    Servermatrix calls the customer before he/she gets charged to verify the order.
    most respectable company do that. they even tell you will call you so you dont have to pay the cost of long distant calls !
    why cant managed do the same ?
    i say do a charge back if they dont pay you back

Good luck man. Hope you get your server.

And managed.com isn't even managed to say the least..... Its the saying " you get what you pay for " at managed.com....

Originally posted by Toeki
    There is alot of fraud going around so you can't blame them for asking for some kind of ID.
    After they already collected your money? At the very least they should have placed the server online and then told the thread starter he has until the next billing cycle to provide the proper information.

Since they never delivered the product that was purchased, I am quite sure the credit card company would allow a charge-back.

Talking

I don't find it a problem like faxing details for verification and it's quite standard with most providers when dealing with non US residents. I always used a classic visa/master for my Internet transaction but recently the bank upgraded the card to gold and forgetting that I had a server with managed.com and billed to my classic visa, I contacted them and was asked by billing@managed.com to fax/mail them the records. I submitted it to them and fortunately the bill was due 2 days later and it went through where they charge my new card without a problem.

If I wasn't fast enough to update my credit card, then I suppose they would have unplugged my server when they couldn't bill me on my old cc number from their records.

Regards
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Not necessarily.
    It was in the "Web Hosting Forum", guess a mod moved it.

Talking

For your info...If you are a non US resident and were to order a server from EV1 or Nocster, you have to fax your credit card info/details and sign an agreement form for the use lease of the server.

Regards
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Originally posted by cactus
    For your info...If you are a non US resident and were to order a server from EV1 or Nocster, you have to fax your credit card info/details and sign an agreement form for the use lease of the server.

Regards
    i am from kuwait and i was never asked to send or sign any thing when i had a server at EV1
    and my point is why didnt they call the customer to verefy him before they bill him ?

I don't know how it is now..but I was asked to sign and also fax cc info when I wanted to get a server from them and I finally choose nocster server some months back. I am from Malaysia.

I guess I could be wrong about "non US residents" restrictions or they may have changed their ruling recently. I am totally in the dark now as it was some months back and only hope they can confirm it.

Regards
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

I would liked to rephase my earlier post. It probably could be EV1 , nocster could have some restrictions on certain countries and Malaysia could be in their list in my opinion.

Anyways, thank you BizB for clarifying on it and perhaps EV1, nocster could clear any doubts on it and not apply double standards to prospective customers wanting to get a server from them which I believe they should at least put up something or information regarding non US residents.

Regards.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Its been well over 15 hours since I asked for a refund, Sam at managed.com was getting back to me quickly before, now I don't get a reply.

Wonder if they are going to rob me.

As for the people who understand them asking me to fax the details. Yes that is quite understandable if they use that as a method of their credit card verification.

However they have already taken my money, so they have reason what so ever to ask me to send a fax.

I am in Ireland, this is not a third world country, I never have problems with billing from ev1, theplanet or ezzi. I don't see why this company should have problems verifying me .

The fact of the matter is they are wasting me time by having to send them a heap of mails, they have taken my money and have not given me service. Now that I have asked for a refund they are not replying to me.

Managed may not be that organised. but maybe you should of asked about the server before a week had passed.

Originally posted by Tom O'Connor
    Its been well over 15 hours since I asked for a refund
    All else aside, this is Memorial Day weekend here in the US, perhaps that is the reason for the delay in communication.

$0.02
    ServInt
    Providing Managed VPS for over 11 years
    Managed Dedicated Servers for almost 19 years!
    http://www.servint.net

They would not give me a refund after going down for 3 weeks, If they do give you a refund then they owe me 80 dollars. So please do tell me if they do.

Originally posted by BobFarmer
    All else aside, this is Memorial Day weekend here in the US, perhaps that is the reason for the delay in communication.

$0.02
    I was not aware of that, however we are in the business of mission critical hosting.

The service that my company pass on to its customers is around the clock, if the datacentre claim support is around the clock and offer a SLA they should give just that.

Originally posted by KmrDrow
    They would not give me a refund after going down for 3 weeks.
    Says a lot about them doesnt it. Shower of crooks. They still have not gotten back to me.

Yea!
    Well I am currently looking for a new dedicated host in the 60 dollar range
    Any ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast