Opinions on list of researched hosts requested.

I'm in the market for a new provider on a shared *nix based system and was hoping I could get some input on the quality of support people have encountered with these providers, and any good solid, honest opinions that may help me in my decision.
    I've researched quite a few and have come up with the list below.
    Basic criteria - Price range within the $5-10 a month, minimum of 300MB disk space, it would be ideal if they had forums for their customers, multiple domain support, SSH would be fun to play with, and an awesome reply time for support requests (since most don't appear to offer phone support these days).

Fluid Hosting: I'm looking at the $11.95/mo plan for them, includes SSH access (plus) but I am not familiar with H-Sphere. I love the fact that on their site they go over their data center in detail, but I'm really not interested in those sorts of specifics. Their forums seem lackluster.

Rochen: The basic plan ($9.95/mo) would fit my needs, they offer a majority of the things I'm looking for but I'm not wild about the fact that they're in the UK (I think?). Their forums do seem busy which is good, and they offer SSH.

Lunar: The Shuttle Plan ($7.95/mo) doesn't include SSH access (not too big of a deal) but they seem to be missing all of the auto-installed scripts, which I was hoping to play with. They do also offer limited phone support, which is a plus, and their forums seem busy.

ServerSeed: This is a late addition to my list -- In honesty, I think their site is so ...blah, that I was hesitant about adding them to my list, but I'm curious to see what people have to say about them.

Mesopia: They seem to have mixed reviews on WHT-- I'm looking at their basic $7.95/mo plan. I'm curious about peoples experiences with their support. I found that they do offer SSH after some searching.

Any information provided will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Kajagoogoo

Fluid Hosting:
    Been great to me over a year.
    "Their forums seem lackluster"- Yes, we like no problems.
    Do you want a host to chat with or great service and no need to chat!
    A boring forum to me is good, as most people only post problems.
    Just look here.
    I had to down grade due to health and they where more then fair to me and took right care of it. When I feel better who do you think I will go back up with?
    I am paid through 11/04 with credit. Been there since 4/03.
    No, it is not me!
    No, I did not do it!

Try the Host Quote feature up there on the top right. Fill in the info. and you will have hosts that fit your needs reply.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

Re: Opinions on list of researched hosts requested.

Originally posted by Kajagoogoo
    Rochen: The basic plan ($9.95/mo) would fit my needs, they offer a majority of the things I'm looking for but I'm not wild about the fact that they're in the UK (I think?). Their forums do seem busy which is good, and they offer SSH.
    Just to clarify, we are a UK registered business, but we have staff based throughout Europe, North America and Oceania. Additionally, all our servers reside within the United States.

Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Might want to think twice about Mesopia. I left after 2 month because of down time, SLOWWW support ticket updates, and even a new quote for a Windows Reseller I wanted to buy that went unanswered.

Don't believe me? Check their forums. Most really upset people get their posts deleted. I know mine were. It seems like the only place to get support from Mesopia in their forums.

Good luck on your search.

FYI,
    I am with Hostcentric now. New company, but great support so far.
    (¯`•.,¸Ryan¸.•´¯)

Some more search and Host Quote can inflate your list. I suggest first you clearly list your requirements and then write off those which do not provide it. Then you can do the hunting...
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com