Allegiance/XO out of the colo business?

Apparently XO is not taking over Allegiances colocation facilites in its buyout.

Anyone know anything about the apparent planned closing of Allegiance's (now XO's) colocation facilities?

I am hoping to find more details about when these facilities are closing exactly.

All I have received is a very vague letter from the Bankruptcy Agency that our account along with hundreds of others is not being carried forward.

Allegiance claims there is another letter telling details of the schedule of when services will end for colo customers. I was hoping someone could share theirs.

XO is consolidating some of the DC where XO and ALGX both have presense. Some of the algx and xo telco colo facility would be shut down.

Which one are you in?

San Diego (hosting.com/CTS.net datacenter)

How many facilities are they closing down?

I know that San Diego is shutting down. I think Level3, WilTel, Cari.net, and Cogent have collocate in the 89xx complex drive center (which is right next door to hosting.com).

Please be advised I no longer work for algx/hosting.com. But, as the former NOCC Manager in San Diego for the 8913 facility I do catch wind of some stuff:

All colo in Boston out by 7/1. All colo in SD out by 7/1. Sd is not truly closing but XO has their own plan for it and it doesn't involve colo or hosting.com.

I know some of the customers in 8913 have already been told the 7/1 date and are protesting to legal. Generally I wouldn't post this type of info but I know customers are getting their letters and the 'cat is out of the bag' so to speak.

In that complex you have two other colo providers:

I2B www.i2bnetworks.com (literally started by former 8913 directors after not liking ALGX's direction)

CariNet www.cari.net

I cannot recall anyone else having a facility there. Some telco's did have offices there / fiber but not colo sites.
    Last edited by Naes; 06-01-2004 at 12:26 PM.

Anyone from the San Diego hosting.com get any notice yet?

If the date is 7/1 then I would think notice would have been sent.

I have called Allegiance several times only to have them admit that "YES the facility will be closing but we do not know when" and "You will be receiving a letter soon".

I gave up long ago on thinking of ALGX as sensible and getting things done the right way or quickly.

Yep, the facility is going, but no dates specific yet (at least the rep doesn't know)

I was on the phone with a Cari.net exec who made the comment that the XO facility there had little to nothing in it, and that one of their former customers with a three-figure commit who moved there was going to be in for a surprise. I guess he was right :laughing:

Originally posted by DeathNova
    I was on the phone with a Cari.net exec who made the comment that the XO facility there had little to nothing in it, and that one of their former customers with a three-figure commit who moved there was going to be in for a surprise. I guess he was right :laughing:
    If they only have one month to move and plan it, yeah thats gonna be hell. Good thing they have their own ips if its the company I am thinking of.

Originally posted by DeathNova
    Not entirely true. I have equipment in there still and the idc is pretty full. Very stupid move to kick them out.