What does it depend on if Adwords gives you content targeted traffic ??

I wonder what do I have to do to get content targeted traffic from google. Sometimes I get it although I pay only like $0.3 a click but then I don't even get it if I pay $0.6. How does the Adwords system decide whether it gives you content targeted traffic or not ??

There is an option in the campaign settings page for whether or not you want your ads shown on search sites alone or content sites alone or both. If you have the content sites enabled, it will show your ad on relevant sites if your rank is high enough. It doesn't take much really, and if your keywords are relevant on enough sites, Google's content reach is far wider than its search reach.

(my AdWords stats for May)
    Search Total: 248,938 impressions
    Content Total - Text Ads: 1,817,503 impressions
    Content Total - Image Ads: 8,733 impressions

The average cost per click was the same on the content and search site over the month, but the CTRs on search are always higher .
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

The strange thing is just two days ago I paid $0.3 per click and got content traffic but now I pay $0.5 and don't get content traffic. The search engine traffic alone doesn't work for me because you have to pay like 200 Dollars for 100 visitors a day and that's crap. With the content traffic I got like 300 a day for 50 dollars giving me like 7 to 10 orders a day and that was great but now I get almost nothing and I can't figure out how to get that content traffic back.

My adwords stats for May:
    Clicks Imps CTR CPC total
    18,839 7,577,686 0.2% 0.08 1,422.19

Originally posted by taketo
    The strange thing is just two days ago I paid $0.3 per click and got content traffic but now I pay $0.5 and don't get content traffic.
    My adwords stats for May:
    Clicks Imps CTR CPC total
    18,839 7,577,686 0.2% 0.08 1,422.19
    It'd be more illuminating to look at the impressions and ctr from when you were getting traffic and now that you're not. And if it's content sites you're focusing on, look only at those stats, not the numbers for the entire campaign. But almost certainly the answer's easy: you have to increase your bid.

Getting impressions on content sites isn't as easy as it is on Google itself or other search sites, because only two or three ads are shown on each page. So it may be that two days ago $.30 was enough to be there -- but then one of your competitors raised his bid, and someone else raised theirs to stay in line, etc. That's the deal with search engine CPC ads... you have to watch the competition and bid accordingly. And things change.
    Last edited by JayC; 05-30-2004 at 02:29 PM.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.