Enom offering .uk transfers

Hi

I just noticed enom offering .uk transfers, has anyone used them yet? As far as I know the transfer has to be initiated by the losing registrar so I don't know how will they go about it? Also there is no mention of it in their help center!

AFAIK losing registar need to change the IPS tag to the gaining registrar which costs money todo so.

where do you read about it enom.com/pricing.asp doesn't show transfer costs:
    .co.uk * $5.99 N/A N/A
    .org.uk * $5.99 N/A N/A
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

From a good source + if you check transfer under Domain names you will see 'Auto verification (Use for .com, .net, .cc, .co.uk, and .org.uk domains only)'

its not possible to transfer .uk domains via auto verification i'm almost positive because the losing registrar need to swtich IPS tag which costs money switching it.

need to contact enom to confirm
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

i tried to transfer .uk name just now and see this notice:

Note: In order to complete this transfer request, you must also request your current registrar to retag the name to "eNom" The process will not complete without this step. Pricing rules for .uk transfers.

Originally posted by Bashar
    its not possible to transfer .uk domains via auto verification i'm almost positive because the losing registrar need to swtich IPS tag which costs money switching it.

need to contact enom to confirm
    There are two ways of transferring .uk domains:

1) Ask the existing tagholder - who under the terms and conditions of their Nominet agreement MUST carry out the instructions and must do so without delay. They are allowed to charge for the service, but considering all it requires is a 2-line PGP-signed email to the Nominet automaton I think that making anything more than a nominal charge is a rip-off.

2) Use the online process direct with Nominet - which is quite fiddly and complicated and which costs GBP 15 plus VAT.

Enom rule for .uk transfer ios that after you have gone through the process of trabnsferring .uk with them you then need to initiate a request at the losing registrar within 1 week.

I also think charging for a .uk transfer shouldn't be done as the registrant would have already paid for two years of registration with the other regitrar.

easyspace charges 37.5 pounds for IPS tag change can you imagen.

Lubeca: does TAG holders paythis 15 GBP to nominet ?

The 15 + VAT @ 17.5% gets paid to Nominet directly. It is a good way for those whom their registrar fail to respond to their request or like easyspace charge the high heavens.

Any decent registrar wouldn't charge for IPS TAG transfer as all it takes is just one e-mail.

so TAG holders doesn't get charged this 15 + VAT ?

No, Nominet do not charge tag holders for making tag changes via the automaton. The 15 pound charge is only for cases where the registrant goes to the Nominet web site and uses their "direct tag change" process, and it would normally be paid by the registrant, direct to Nominet.

In an ideal world all tag changes would be made by the outgoing tag holder (that's the intended default, the "direct" process is meant to be the exception rather than the rule). And considering Nominet does not charge tagholders for tag changes, and that the tag change email takes all of 30 seconds to produce even when done manually, I really feel that charging more than a nominal fee is wrong.

37 pounds certainly sounds excessive... clearly anybody who wants to move a domain from a company charging that kind of money should use the direct process instead.

i'll contact their support if they dont agree to lower it or void the fee i'll contact nominet then

Why would anyone use easyspace, they charge an arm and a leg for everything
    Domain Maven

very old registration, older than enom started offering .uk's or knowing about 123-reg

If your registrar fails to provide the change, then report them to Nominet as well, as they'll then make a small report on them, so that if they get too many reports, bye bye Tag Holder.

Obviously you'll still need to pay the 15 quid + VAT.