Choosing a web host

We are a small non-profit organization. We are looking to switch web hosts. Is there a website that shows me some of the top rated hosts? Or if there are any web hosts on these forums, you can email me at webmaster@fgispirit.org

Thanks!

You can use the Host Quote feature if you want some web hosts to contact you.
    Michael @ Qualserv Networks
    www.qualserv.net - quality hosting since 1998!

Bringing Web Hosting to a Personal Level

i would recomend sites like this one also, thewhir.com or tophosts.com most sites on those are pretty reputable.

Yes, please browse around these forums & you should be able to find a solution

Best Wishes,
    Shawn

ProSiteDev.com
    Professional Site Development & Budget Web Hosting
    Customer Satisfaction is our MAIN focus!

once you have a lead on few different hosts that seem pretty good to you...then you can use the WHT search feature to do searches on them for customer reviews....

Good Luck

To add to what has already been said: http://findmyhosting.com/advancedsearch.asp is pretty good too.

Do a thorough research on any host you're considering!

Good luck!

timhunter, I would first advise that you ask someone that you know in person before you decide to go with a host that you is recommended to you at a place like Web Hosting Talk. It's good that you're doing your research though, and I'm sure you'll choose a better host this time around. Search WHT
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

"Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

webhostdir.com is ok to review
    google.com works :-)

I use digitalinet.com for my hosting.

epinions.com has a good list and reviews with pros and cons instead of just "this host is great" or "this host is horrible"...

http://www.epinions.com/inet-Web_Hosting-All

Hello...

I think you can try search at : http://www.asphosts.com.ar/
    MyLabuan Web Design and WordPress Hosting : Shared & Reseller Hosting|VPS Hosting|Email Backup Services|Domain Services
    Join Us : MyLabuan FB

eopinions sucks honestly...

i find them very consistent with other reviews out there, and less likely to have a bias... as most of the posts here often do..

Whatever you do always check before you register with a host!!! Many are scammers.

I picked up 5 penalty points for telling folks of a good service - so I won't be doing that again :-/
    Google is *always* your friend, and choose a host which geographically close to your main users - don't believe them when they say it doesn't make a difference - it *does* :-)

Re: Choosing a web host

Originally posted by timhunter
    We are a small non-profit organization. We are looking to switch web hosts. Is there a website that shows me some of the top rated hosts? Or if there are any web hosts on these forums, you can email me at webmaster@fgispirit.org

Thanks!
    Your best bet without a doubt would be to use the hostquote. There are lots of great hosting companies out there, so I am certain you will find one that meets your required needs.

Goodluck on finding the best host

There is no best host.

Only what is best for you.

*Mental Note* Gotta Remember Where I Saw This Quote From.