Thread: Which one?

Which one?

I've been doing a lot of reading here about Resellers, and there so many hosting companies that I'm getting crossed eyes.

So far. I've narrowed it to

Ultraunix[.]net
    Autica[.]com
    reseller-center[.]com
    unitedhosting[.]co.uk
    hostdime[.]com

I'm willing to pay around $35 monthly for a package.

But the thing is I'm totally new to resellers, and it's for personal use. But what I'm most interested in is support and uptime and unlimited mysql database... as well as reasonable bandwidth and webspace for what I'm willing to pay.

I'm really interested in what is your the opinion of people that have experience with resellers, and who consider what I want it for. I would really appreciate any kind of advice and help.

Thanks!

I would recomend doing more reading on these hosts. You can use the search tool to run searches on these hosts for reviews... I ran search on few of these hosts and there are many great reviews about them...And becuase you still have way too many choices in your hand that your are looking at....trying bringing it down to two best choices...

Good Luck

Ultraunix.net would be the best choice.

i have a ehostpros[.]com reseller account. they have all what you need and when ever I've needed support they have always replied to my emails within 12 hours.
    Cheap Web Hosting: www.supersweethosting.com
    Website Design - Scripting: www.adrenalinepcs.com

WITHOUT DOUBT:::: unitedhosting[.]co.uk :::: been with them quiet a while and absolutely no regrets ::::

I don't want to add more to your grief about going cross eyed with research host but trust me doing a fine research about your host especially reseller hosting provider will save you a lot of grief over the long run from your customers... with that said since we don't know exactly how much space your are looking for.... i would recomend looking at some of these reseller hosts also if you have not already done so cuzz they seem to have many nice reviews from WHT members....

dathorn.com
    bgfweb.com
    hostgator.com

Good Luck

Hey thanks a lot!

Glanhost, more places to search. I'm going to check them out. I read about dathorn.com, I've read that they are good, but for those that have more experience with resellers.

I tend to ask a lot of newbie questions.

And hostdime.com I just read bad things as well as good things. More bad than good.

I have does location of the hosting company relevant?

Because I know that at my sites are basically visit by both people in US and UK...since it's a fan site for the tv show Alias...

Originally posted by Shoey
    Ultraunix.net would be the best choice.
    I second that.

Originally posted by Gaudy

I have does location of the hosting company relevant?

Sorry I don't mean to rude...just making sure i am understanding you correctly thats all....

If you are saying::

I have to ask does location of the hosting company seem relevant?

then my answer would be it yes/no... it depends:: most hosting companies lease/buy/build the servers and house the servers in various datacenters... for the simplicity of the matter lets just take a easy example... One of many the datacenters in US is Planet Datacenter in Dallas TX. If you bought a dedicated server from planet and started your own hosting company from OK City.... As a client i would intreasted in knowing more about the datacenter itself than the hosting companies location itself....don't get me wrong i am not saying that i would not care where my hosting company is (would sure like it to be as close to me but not possible all the time) The reason i am pitching more importance towards the datacenter is becuase in many ways it does say something about the trackrecord for the uptimes, customer service and reliabilty of the equipment....but again never undermine your acutal hosting provider itself....most hosting companies if not all should not have a problem telling you where they based out of and if they inhouse there servers or get it outsourced from somewhere else...

Good Luck
    :wavey
    Last edited by Glanhosts; 05-28-2004 at 03:06 PM.

I would recommend DDI Hosting. Support is excellent (and I do mean EXCELLENT) and prices are really competitive.

Autica for me

Great value added tools, good support and great uptime.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser