Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Aussie PM wants gay adoption ban and marriages to be unrecognised

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3752697.stm

I don't see how these things can go on in a modern 'civilised' society?
    Gone.
      0 Not allowed!

Gay marriages should not be allowed and shoud be stopped. Everywhere. That's MY view.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Artashes
    Gay marriages should not be allowed and shoud be stopped. Everywhere. That's MY view.
    Can you explain your view please? I'd like to know why.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rob83
    Can you explain your view please? I'd like to know why.
    Because it makes me sick.

PS: And what a great way for kids to know there is a legal option!

0 Not allowed!

So because it makes you sick, it should be banned.

Good thinking.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

I see. So anything that makes you sick should be illegal/banned? So if your father (no offense), was to say "I'm gay", you'd disown him?
      0 Not allowed!

For the love of god when will people stop trying to tell other people what to do with their lives.

I'm tired of these gay marriages threads. If it upsets you that much then just DON'T MARRY SOMEONE OF YOUR GENDER.

Problem solved..no?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Artashes
    Gay marriages should not be allowed and shoud be stopped. Everywhere.
    Prejudice and homophobia make me sick.
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...
      0 Not allowed!

sirius, Rob, Zopester honestly, I don't really care about the whole gay thing, but when I see two men on live TV with their tongues in each other's mouth and my little sister sees it and asks what are they doing, its hard to explain.

That is why I stated this was MY view. If you for some reason don't like it or don't agree (which I'm sure most people here won't), then: (a) don't attack my mind; (b) move on and walk away. An issue was raised and a question asked, so I answered.

PS: Damn it I knew I should keep myself away from these type of threads that always result like this, so while I still have time, this is my last post here. Enjoy it yourself.

Best,

0 Not allowed!

sirius, Rob, honestly, I don't really care about the whole gay thing, but when I see two men on live TV with their tongues in each other's mouth and my little sister sees it and asks what are they doing, its hard to explain.

That is why I stated this was MY view. If you for some reason don't like it or don't agree (which I'm sure most people here won't), then: (a) don't attack my mind; (b) move on and walk away. An issue was raised and a question asked, so I answered.

Best,
    I respect your opinion, I just wanted to know why you felt it shouldn't be allowed. Now, in regards to "two men on live tv with their tongues in each other's mouth", well yes I wouldn't want to see that either, infact I don't want to see them doing anything sexual.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, why is it that two females turn men on and two men turn men off?
      0 Not allowed!

Artashes, two points:

An issue was raised and a question asked, so I answered.
    1. You didn't answer the question at all. You posted an inflammatory comment and now try to back that up by saying "Well it's just my opinion." Fine. But your opinion wasn't in question. What was in question was the Australian Prime Minister's opinion. Did you answer that? No.

when I see two men on live TV with their tongues in each other's mouth and my little sister sees it and asks what are they doing, its hard to explain.
    2. A simple explanation for a youngster on two men kissing goes as follows:

"Why are those two men kissing?"
    "Because they love each other."
    "But they're both men!"
    "Yes. Two men can love each other. Two women can love each other. Just like a man and a woman can."
    "Oh. OK.!"

You'll find children are really quite receptive to new ideas. But only when those teaching them are sufficiently liberated in their thought processes.

That's it. I shall move on. Just wanted to clear that little lot up.
    Dive In...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Zopester
    . . . You'll find children are really quite receptive to new ideas. But only when those teaching them are sufficiently liberated in their thought processes.
    The acceptance or non acceptance of homesexuality, has absolutely nothing to do with being "sufficiently liberated in their thought processes". To claim so is ignorance and arrogance to the extreme.
      0 Not allowed!

My two sentences above had nothing to do with the acceptance or non-acceptance of homosexuality. I was simply stating that children are receptive to new ideas, perhaps more so than their parents/elder siblings.

Next time I'll remember to use an emoticon to indicate tongue planted firmly in cheek.
    Dive In...
      0 Not allowed!

YIPPEE!!! Another gay thread.

The last few went SO well......not!
      0 Not allowed!

Look, here are my two cents..

I don't give a rat's *** what a couple of guys or girls want to do sexually, it's none of my business. Let gay people get married, who cares? HOWEVER, when kids come into the play, I start to sway the other way.. having two daddies isn't the norm, and has been shown to have hugely negative psychological effects on the child, and that doesn't even include all of the ridiculing that will take place if people in their school found out.. A child needs a feminine influence, and a masculine influence, this is what nature intended, if you think this is what god intended, so be it, we can agree that it was intended.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by bow-viper1
    Look, here are my two cents..

I don't give a rat's *** what a couple of guys or girls want to do sexually, it's none of my business. Let gay people get married, who cares? HOWEVER, when kids come into the play, I start to sway the other way.. having two daddies isn't the norm, and has been shown to have hugely negative psychological effects on the child, and that doesn't even include all of the ridiculing that will take place if people in their school found out.. A child needs a feminine influence, and a masculine influence, this is what nature intended, if you think this is what god intended, so be it, we can agree that it was intended.
    bow-viper1, I am studying Psychology and I can tell you that no - children of same-sex parents do NOT turn out differently from other children. They do NOT have an increased chance of being homosexual, they do not suffer from a lack of masculine/feminine figure in their lives, and they do NOT feel out-of-place IF the other children's parents did not teach their own children that a child with 2 same-sex parents is evil. If all the kids around treated the child the same as they would with a child who has a normal family, physhcological damage is minimal or even absent. They will definitely go through the whole "why don't I have a mummy/daddy?" stage, but a patient and kind explanation from his/her parents and acceptance from those the child is around will help greatly.
      0 Not allowed!

<=- considers moving to Oz as soon as all those in favor of alternative lifestyles decide to leave.
    9/11 Memorial, do you have a story to tell?
    United Web Site Award Givers, do you believe your site is worthy of an award?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by code_renegade
    bow-viper1, I am studying Psychology and I can tell you that no - children of same-sex parents do NOT turn out differently from other children. They do NOT have an increased chance of being homosexual, they do not suffer from a lack of masculine/feminine figure in their lives, and they do NOT feel out-of-place IF the other children's parents did not teach their own children that a child with 2 same-sex parents is evil. If all the kids around treated the child the same as they would with a child who has a normal family, physhcological damage is minimal or even absent. They will definitely go through the whole "why don't I have a mummy/daddy?" stage, but a patient and kind explanation from his/her parents and acceptance from those the child is around will help greatly.
    You are studying it, hence that makes you a professional, right?

Shrinks are often wrong anyway as it's an unproven science. It's all theory and guesswork, and many shrinks find problems where there are none so they can make more money. I myself have seen children in gay homes. Those kids are indeed turning out the same as those raising them. Shrinks have always said that kids learn from what those raising them do. Now all of a sudden they claim kids dont grow up gay when their guardians are gay? Sexuality is just like anything else. If parents are druggies, drunks, smokers, etc.....it been proven that it majorly increases the likliehood that their kids will be the same. So why now is sexuality any different? Is it simply because you believe those people should have the right?

Why is it that people want to eat healthy and all natural, but then live an unnatural lifestyle?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Aussie PM wants gay adoption ban and marriages to be unrecognised

Originally posted by phision.com
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3752697.stm

Aussie PM wants gay adoption ban and marriages to be unrecognised
    sounds reasonable to me, if two homosexuals want children they should have them theirselves without any outside help whatsoever just as nature intended. whoops they can't can they as it is not natural is it.......

and as for marriage, nah they can be as gay as they want but why do they feel the need to be 'married' marriage has since time began been between man and woman (note the wo at the begining of woman)....

now this is my opinion and i am as entitled to it as you are yours so dont start getting on your high horse about how i am a biggot and should be silenced, unless you are for free speach as long as it coincides with your views.............
      0 Not allowed!

I always thought that marriage was a religious thing between a man and a women "The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife." (dictionary.com)

If two gay people want to live together and do whatever, thats fine. But I dont see why gay people should be able to get 'married'.
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."
      0 Not allowed!

Remember there are legal things about getting married too, which homosexuals should have the right to as well - to do with inheritance, ownership etc.
    Gone.
      0 Not allowed!

Man marries Woman. Woman marries Man. It should stay that way.
      0 Not allowed!

phision - dont those rights come with being common-law?
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mester
    I always thought that marriage was a religious thing between a man and a women "The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife." (dictionary.com)

If two gay people want to live together and do whatever, thats fine. But I dont see why gay people should be able to get 'married'.
    As dictionary.com says, it is LEGAL union, which entitles participants to many benefits. I do not think gays are fighting to get to participate in any religious events, they just want their unon to be recknognized by the law. The problem is that many people have hard time understanding this very simple fact.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast