Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aussie PM wants gay adoption ban and marriages to be unrecognised

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3752697.stm

I don't see how these things can go on in a modern 'civilised' society?
    Gone.
      0 Not allowed!

Gay marriages should not be allowed and shoud be stopped. Everywhere. That's MY view.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Artashes
    Gay marriages should not be allowed and shoud be stopped. Everywhere. That's MY view.
    Can you explain your view please? I'd like to know why.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rob83
    Can you explain your view please? I'd like to know why.
    Because it makes me sick.

PS: And what a great way for kids to know there is a legal option!

0 Not allowed!

So because it makes you sick, it should be banned.

Good thinking.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

I see. So anything that makes you sick should be illegal/banned? So if your father (no offense), was to say "I'm gay", you'd disown him?
      0 Not allowed!

For the love of god when will people stop trying to tell other people what to do with their lives.

I'm tired of these gay marriages threads. If it upsets you that much then just DON'T MARRY SOMEONE OF YOUR GENDER.

Problem solved..no?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Artashes
    Gay marriages should not be allowed and shoud be stopped. Everywhere.
    Prejudice and homophobia make me sick.
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...
      0 Not allowed!

sirius, Rob, Zopester honestly, I don't really care about the whole gay thing, but when I see two men on live TV with their tongues in each other's mouth and my little sister sees it and asks what are they doing, its hard to explain.

That is why I stated this was MY view. If you for some reason don't like it or don't agree (which I'm sure most people here won't), then: (a) don't attack my mind; (b) move on and walk away. An issue was raised and a question asked, so I answered.

PS: Damn it I knew I should keep myself away from these type of threads that always result like this, so while I still have time, this is my last post here. Enjoy it yourself.

Best,

0 Not allowed!

sirius, Rob, honestly, I don't really care about the whole gay thing, but when I see two men on live TV with their tongues in each other's mouth and my little sister sees it and asks what are they doing, its hard to explain.

That is why I stated this was MY view. If you for some reason don't like it or don't agree (which I'm sure most people here won't), then: (a) don't attack my mind; (b) move on and walk away. An issue was raised and a question asked, so I answered.

Best,
    I respect your opinion, I just wanted to know why you felt it shouldn't be allowed. Now, in regards to "two men on live tv with their tongues in each other's mouth", well yes I wouldn't want to see that either, infact I don't want to see them doing anything sexual.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, why is it that two females turn men on and two men turn men off?
      0 Not allowed!

Artashes, two points:

An issue was raised and a question asked, so I answered.
    1. You didn't answer the question at all. You posted an inflammatory comment and now try to back that up by saying "Well it's just my opinion." Fine. But your opinion wasn't in question. What was in question was the Australian Prime Minister's opinion. Did you answer that? No.

when I see two men on live TV with their tongues in each other's mouth and my little sister sees it and asks what are they doing, its hard to explain.
    2. A simple explanation for a youngster on two men kissing goes as follows:

"Why are those two men kissing?"
    "Because they love each other."
    "But they're both men!"
    "Yes. Two men can love each other. Two women can love each other. Just like a man and a woman can."
    "Oh. OK.!"

You'll find children are really quite receptive to new ideas. But only when those teaching them are sufficiently liberated in their thought processes.

That's it. I shall move on. Just wanted to clear that little lot up.
    Dive In...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Zopester
    . . . You'll find children are really quite receptive to new ideas. But only when those teaching them are sufficiently liberated in their thought processes.
    The acceptance or non acceptance of homesexuality, has absolutely nothing to do with being "sufficiently liberated in their thought processes". To claim so is ignorance and arrogance to the extreme.
      0 Not allowed!

My two sentences above had nothing to do with the acceptance or non-acceptance of homosexuality. I was simply stating that children are receptive to new ideas, perhaps more so than their parents/elder siblings.

Next time I'll remember to use an emoticon to indicate tongue planted firmly in cheek.
    Dive In...
      0 Not allowed!

YIPPEE!!! Another gay thread.

The last few went SO well......not!
      0 Not allowed!

Look, here are my two cents..

I don't give a rat's *** what a couple of guys or girls want to do sexually, it's none of my business. Let gay people get married, who cares? HOWEVER, when kids come into the play, I start to sway the other way.. having two daddies isn't the norm, and has been shown to have hugely negative psychological effects on the child, and that doesn't even include all of the ridiculing that will take place if people in their school found out.. A child needs a feminine influence, and a masculine influence, this is what nature intended, if you think this is what god intended, so be it, we can agree that it was intended.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by bow-viper1
    Look, here are my two cents..

I don't give a rat's *** what a couple of guys or girls want to do sexually, it's none of my business. Let gay people get married, who cares? HOWEVER, when kids come into the play, I start to sway the other way.. having two daddies isn't the norm, and has been shown to have hugely negative psychological effects on the child, and that doesn't even include all of the ridiculing that will take place if people in their school found out.. A child needs a feminine influence, and a masculine influence, this is what nature intended, if you think this is what god intended, so be it, we can agree that it was intended.
    bow-viper1, I am studying Psychology and I can tell you that no - children of same-sex parents do NOT turn out differently from other children. They do NOT have an increased chance of being homosexual, they do not suffer from a lack of masculine/feminine figure in their lives, and they do NOT feel out-of-place IF the other children's parents did not teach their own children that a child with 2 same-sex parents is evil. If all the kids around treated the child the same as they would with a child who has a normal family, physhcological damage is minimal or even absent. They will definitely go through the whole "why don't I have a mummy/daddy?" stage, but a patient and kind explanation from his/her parents and acceptance from those the child is around will help greatly.
      0 Not allowed!

<=- considers moving to Oz as soon as all those in favor of alternative lifestyles decide to leave.
    9/11 Memorial, do you have a story to tell?
    United Web Site Award Givers, do you believe your site is worthy of an award?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by code_renegade
    bow-viper1, I am studying Psychology and I can tell you that no - children of same-sex parents do NOT turn out differently from other children. They do NOT have an increased chance of being homosexual, they do not suffer from a lack of masculine/feminine figure in their lives, and they do NOT feel out-of-place IF the other children's parents did not teach their own children that a child with 2 same-sex parents is evil. If all the kids around treated the child the same as they would with a child who has a normal family, physhcological damage is minimal or even absent. They will definitely go through the whole "why don't I have a mummy/daddy?" stage, but a patient and kind explanation from his/her parents and acceptance from those the child is around will help greatly.
    You are studying it, hence that makes you a professional, right?

Shrinks are often wrong anyway as it's an unproven science. It's all theory and guesswork, and many shrinks find problems where there are none so they can make more money. I myself have seen children in gay homes. Those kids are indeed turning out the same as those raising them. Shrinks have always said that kids learn from what those raising them do. Now all of a sudden they claim kids dont grow up gay when their guardians are gay? Sexuality is just like anything else. If parents are druggies, drunks, smokers, etc.....it been proven that it majorly increases the likliehood that their kids will be the same. So why now is sexuality any different? Is it simply because you believe those people should have the right?

Why is it that people want to eat healthy and all natural, but then live an unnatural lifestyle?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Aussie PM wants gay adoption ban and marriages to be unrecognised

Originally posted by phision.com
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3752697.stm

Aussie PM wants gay adoption ban and marriages to be unrecognised
    sounds reasonable to me, if two homosexuals want children they should have them theirselves without any outside help whatsoever just as nature intended. whoops they can't can they as it is not natural is it.......

and as for marriage, nah they can be as gay as they want but why do they feel the need to be 'married' marriage has since time began been between man and woman (note the wo at the begining of woman)....

now this is my opinion and i am as entitled to it as you are yours so dont start getting on your high horse about how i am a biggot and should be silenced, unless you are for free speach as long as it coincides with your views.............
      0 Not allowed!

I always thought that marriage was a religious thing between a man and a women "The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife." (dictionary.com)

If two gay people want to live together and do whatever, thats fine. But I dont see why gay people should be able to get 'married'.
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."
      0 Not allowed!

Remember there are legal things about getting married too, which homosexuals should have the right to as well - to do with inheritance, ownership etc.
    Gone.
      0 Not allowed!

Man marries Woman. Woman marries Man. It should stay that way.
      0 Not allowed!

phision - dont those rights come with being common-law?
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mester
    I always thought that marriage was a religious thing between a man and a women "The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife." (dictionary.com)

If two gay people want to live together and do whatever, thats fine. But I dont see why gay people should be able to get 'married'.
    As dictionary.com says, it is LEGAL union, which entitles participants to many benefits. I do not think gays are fighting to get to participate in any religious events, they just want their unon to be recknognized by the law. The problem is that many people have hard time understanding this very simple fact.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mester
    phision - dont those rights come with being common-law?
    It is not the same. Common law marriage needs to be prowen at various occasions and there are no guarantees that participants would be entitled to the same benefits as married people. For an example if one party dies, the other party would probably have to go to court and prove that there was intention to get married, that they did indeed live as married and all that stuff. That can get very difficult when maybe some family gets involved who could be or greedy or just ashamed of that relationship.
      0 Not allowed!

Whoops sorry I guess I took that out of context (only included definition 1a).

Ok, I see. Maybe there could be a new status made. This might make gay 'marriage' more acceptable.

I dont really have a problem with it, but I dont think the term 'marriage' is fitting.

Edit - After reading this post I realized that my only real problem is the term used. I hadnt realized how shallow I really am
    Last edited by Mester; 05-28-2004 at 06:29 PM.
    -Chris
      0 Not allowed!

I was wondering, why do people believe that gays should not recieve the same rights as a married couple? Your reasoning makes it sound as if you were born and raised as rednecks in the deep south, where change is unacceptable.

People like you make me sick to the stomach. In 100 years from now, children will be reading text books and asking why there great grand pappies were such biggots.

My opionon
      0 Not allowed!

OK, so I'll throw in my opinion as well.

Personally, I hope that someday we can have the equal rights of marraige. This is not to say in the eyes of the church other than those willing, nor even the eyes of the public, but just to have the rights which are taken for granted by so many. Here in the USA, homosexuals do not have Equal Housing, Equal Lending nor Equal Employment laws in place to prevent such individual views as we see here.

Should my partner pass away, I would not have any right to the home that we are paying for together, I would not have any right to one of the vehicles, which again, we pay for together, regardless of your personal views, we ask that you understand such needs and help to grant us the rights that no other minority is denied. The right to be equal in the eyes of the law.

My partner and I do not have the same laws regarding spousal privileged information, medical records and rights such as DNR orders, health, dental and life insurance etc...

I feel as if we are going backwards as a society, we choose to move forward in technology and many other areas of life, however when it comes to dealing with the homosexual issue there seems to be a great hatred which prevents us from seeing anything beyond our own point of view. I can understand where your coming from as I have had to deal with my own prejudices, but I never thought that anyone deserved less rights than me, or didn't deserve to even be recognized as a person as some here seem to beleive.
      0 Not allowed!

If I had gay parents I know for a fact that I would never see the end of it at my school, and this is not a small town school either. I'm not going to get into my opinions on the subject though.
      0 Not allowed!

OK, so I'll throw in my opinion as well.

Personally, I hope that someday we can have the equal rights of marraige. This is not to say in the eyes of the church other than those willing, nor even the eyes of the public, but just to have the rights which are taken for granted by so many. Here in the USA, homosexuals do not have Equal Housing, Equal Lending nor Equal Employment laws in place to prevent such individual views as we see here.

Should my partner pass away, I would not have any right to the home that we are paying for together, I would not have any right to one of the vehicles, which again, we pay for together, regardless of your personal views, we ask that you understand such needs and help to grant us the rights that no other minority is denied. The right to be equal in the eyes of the law.

My partner and I do not have the same laws regarding spousal privileged information, medical records and rights such as DNR orders, health, dental and life insurance etc...

I feel as if we are going backwards as a society, we choose to move forward in technology and many other areas of life, however when it comes to dealing with the homosexual issue there seems to be a great hatred which prevents us from seeing anything beyond our own point of view. I can understand where your coming from as I have had to deal with my own prejudices, but I never thought that anyone deserved less rights than me, or didn't deserve to even be recognized as a person as some here seem to beleive.
    I think the most powerful argument is from a person who's had first-hand experience with this, and I don't see how Hello&Co's claim can be disputed. Should the term 'marriage' not fit in with your beliefs, as it probably doesn't many people, maybe it is for the best that you learn to change with the times, as hard as it seems. Society is changing, as is all other aspects of modern life.
      0 Not allowed!

Personally thinking about it, I don't mind gays, but I am against them getting married, and here's why;

I believe that God created Man and Woman for a specific reason, to wed and make babies Generation X. I personally do not think about 2 guys going at it, so it cannot make me sick. 2 women however, now there's a fantasy.

Let me try explain where I'm coming from;

2 Guys - A lot of people get disgusted by it, wether it's 2 penis' or the whole from behind thing I do not know, but personally I think it's up to them, let them do it.

2 females - Turns everyone one, even gays, not much else to say.

Against marriage - How are we going to re-produce and continue to have babies if all the guys in the world are gay. Lets for 1 mintue rule out sperm banks, the possibility of straight men, the possibility that gay men would sleep with women to have kids and so forth. After your gay generation dies thats man kind dead, so with less option in the gay world, apart from certain bodily features I and many other men like me like to explore, I think it will help man kind in the long run, a some what weak and random point but thats my view.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company
      0 Not allowed!

But pmdok, you have to remember that not everyone believes in god. But you may say its a religous institution, but thats not true. Getting married is a certain bonding that has nothing to do with religion, and lots to do with government. People should not stand behing god as reason for not having gay marriages.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by UH-Ya
    Alright....homosexuals are the work of the devil, as i have said before... They are disgusting and a waste of life. Gay marrages should be ended everywhere in the world!
    Wow. You my friend, have problems.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.
      0 Not allowed!

Alright....homosexuals are the work of the devil, as i have said before... They are disgusting and a waste of life. Gay marrages should be ended everywhere in the world!

Not only that, but if he has a company, his company will hurt tremendously from these ignorant bigoted statements.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Xshare
    Just do a search on his previous comments made regarding other issues (For instance, he believes the US should still embrace segregation of the races, etc), they're quite entertaining.
      0 Not allowed!

Just do a search on his previous comments made regarding other issues (For instance, he believes the US should still embrace segregation of the races, etc), they're quite entertaining.
    Yeah, I've seen some of them... either this guy's just here to joke around, or if he's serious (which I really hope is not true) I don't know what to say...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SniperDevil

Not only that, but if he has a company, his company will hurt tremendously from these ignorant bigoted statements.
    [/QUOTE]

Thus the reason intelligent people don't include their company name/info in their profile.

:: Looks at his own sig ::
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by UH-Ya
    Now I believe you're a Christian (as I am also) or claim to be, but your statement doesn't seem to correlate with that real well. I can understand your dislike of gays, but remember you still need to 'love' them as a neighbor and hate their sin, not the person. It upsets me that you paint a bad image of Christians/Conservatives in the way that you do...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

Gays use modern law to try to do away with long accepted ancient laws. The law of nature is "man and woman". Marriage of man and woman was around long before any law, and the union of man and woman has been around even longer.

This kinda shows we dont learn from our own history. Rome was full of open prostituion and, erm, how do you say it? gayness I guess. Once a society opens up to things previously considered morrally wrong, they are on their way to a downfall.

Homosexuality has always been wrong in my opinion. However, it's the lesser of many wrongs (murder, rape, child molesting, etc) Now, I believe murder is worse than child molesting, and that child molesting is worse than homosexuality. Once homosexuality is no longer publicly seen wrong, then the natural steps of things means the other other stuff moves down a notch and becomes one step less wrong since you have now taken one wrong out and made it ok. What's next on the list to suddenly be "okay" to do?

It's kinda like pot, which I dont see as all that bad, but do understand how it can lead to harder stuff. If you legalize pot, then "coke" takes the place that pot use to hold. Now coke isnt as bad as it use to be in people's minds.

I personally dont care what others do with their lives for the most part, but I do care where society is heading. Gays do tread on non-gay rights, and the law protects them. If you have a community of church going people in an area where homosexuality is a major baddy, and a gay couple moves in, the law forces people to put up with it. People dont like bums or drunks hanging around, but the law will do something about those.. From what I've seen, they leave you alone for the most part.. not whistle and gawk and try to grab your *** when you walk by...sheesh..

I do have gay friends, and have gone to their bars/clubs. I once got kicked out of a gay club because I was straight. Some gay guy asked me out, I turned him down politely saying I was here with friends, but am straight. A diesel dike overheard and she blew up and started a big fuss saying I should go to my own kind of bars and stay out of theirs. And these people want me to sympathise with them for their equal rights I never said anything against them or did any harm to them until they started being that way to me. I was once all for gay rights, till they decided I myself should have no rights. Go cry on some other shoulder, stay off mine.. I'm sure you can search and find my story here about the gay guy I had a run-in with in a parking lot. After enough warnings, he still grabbed me there, he was quickly on the ground with a gushing nose, and I was in jail (yes, judge did dropped charges). It's still jsut the fact that the cops were afraid to go after the gay for really being the one in the wrong since he could cry a discrimination lawsuit. And they say they dont have more rights than us, give me a friggin break. SHutup and live a normal life like the rest of us have to.

I'm just a poor working white man trying to make an honest living, but to every group out there....I'm the bad person although I have harmed no-one and stepped on no-one's shoes....yet they all do that to me quite freely. I'm the bad white man, the evil of the world. Now I'm even more evil when I stand up and defend my sacred wedding rights. They defend it saying it happens in the wild, that dogs do it to. Well, if that's what you want to compare yourselves to..
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast