and they replyed sayin use the support ticket thing on

sonowsupport.co.uk

used that, still no news.

are they reliable?

paid them 100

Did you call them?
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

no1 is picking up the telephone and there site dont even work, loads of links are dead

Did you research the above before ordering their services? The only part of the site I can get to work or get any information from seems to be the order process!

Good luck with it, they do offer a 45 day money back guarantee though.

Craig
    GURU Cloud Hosting and Managed Dedicated Servers and Colocation at Centro, Hemel Hempstead.
    All supported by our own onsite team.

except for the main page, their site is just full of filler text "Lorem ipsum etc etc" i guess you didn't notice that or the broken links before you gave them 100?

Doesn't look like great news, found a not so nice thread here about them, they have a user here "sonow" perhaps that person has some more contact info in their profile.

How did you pay?

Ask for your money back and go with someone else
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

well they are either a reseller for or affiliated with http://memset.net

They look a bit more respectable and have a freephone number on their page, i guess you could call them to see if they are connected to sonow, but i would doubt they are.

except for the main page, their site is just full of filler text "Lorem ipsum etc etc" i guess you didn't notice that or the broken links before you gave them 100?
    Yes, I also think that he had to be more attentive

Domain Name:
    sonow.co.uk

Registrant:
    Dylan International PLC

Registrant's Address:

THE REGISTRANT IS AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS ELECTED TO
    HAVE THEIR ADDRESS OMITTED FROM THE WHOIS DATABASE

"The registrant is an individual...." - I don't like your chances with sonow.co.uk somehow. I don't know of many reputible companies that hide their contact details by saying they aren't a company.

It looks to me like they've just downloaded a template (take a look at www.mthosting.com, www.hostingmetro.com and hosting.admo.net) and decided to setup shop without much of a clue.

Also, don't know if it's the same company, but if it's of help, here's the information from the UK Companies House:

SONOW INTERNET LIMITED
    1 CORNWALL MEADOW
    BUCKINGHAM
    BUCKINGHAMSHIRE MK18 1NT

Date of Incorporation : 05/04/2004

1 Cornwall Meadow appears to be a business centre / post forwarding centre of some kind.

Thanks,
    Alan.

Also, with regards to Memset, I have dealt with them and their owner Rob on many occasions, and I would highly doubt they are anything to do with Sonow.co.uk

Many thanks,
    Alan.

so i just lost 100

very disapointed ......

aint there anything i can do?>

You could contact paypal but it's very rare that they do anything when the payment is for a virtual service rather than physical goods.

nothing on their site works, no terms, privacy policy nothing, why did you hand over 100 so quickly? it really does look like you've been ripped off, i checked out the address in their whois it actually belongs to a cleaning company.

Milly Jane Cleaning Services, 2 Castle Acre Monkston, Milton Keynes

I'm not sure what else to suggest, paypal is your best hope.

I would like to clear a couple of things up here!

1. Sonow.co.uk is now owned by Sonow Internet Limited which is wholey owned by Webdrive Internet Limited and not Milly Jane Cleaning Services

2. We signed up the account as requested, and sent the USERNAME and PASSWORD to the client FIVE TIMES!

3. 1 Cornwall Meadow is not a postal address and is not a business centre, its our registered office.

4. If you call the office out of hours then no one will answer unless you have called our support line.

5. The sites links are dead because we are in the process of moving it over to webdrive's site.

6. We are recieving 'READ RECIEPTS' from this client to all emails that we are responding to.

7. As for the whois of Milly Jane Cleaning Services there are one of our clients and do not own this company

Any problems please email [email protected]

Originally posted by dakusingh
    so i just lost 100

very disapointed ......

aint there anything i can do?>
    How did you order one of there plans? As, all the 'order this plan' links are dead??

This client ordered via us over MSN!

and why is it that we dont have a clue?

Originally posted by Alan @ QCS

"The registrant is an individual...." - I don't like your chances with sonow.co.uk somehow. I don't know of many reputible companies that hide their contact details by saying they aren't a company.

It looks to me like they've just downloaded a template (take a look at www.mthosting.com, www.hostingmetro.com and hosting.admo.net) and decided to setup shop without much of a clue.

Also, don't know if it's the same company, but if it's of help, here's the information from the UK Companies House:

1 Cornwall Meadow appears to be a business centre / post forwarding centre of some kind.

Thanks,
    Alan.

mthosting, i think you misunderstood his post.

Originally posted by sonow
    7. As for the whois of Milly Jane Cleaning Services there are one of our clients and do not own this company
    If that's the case then i appologise, but i didn't get the info from a whois. Perhaps you should get intouch with business directories like the one at touchmiltonkeynes.com who are listing that as the business address for milly jane cleaning services

i have had one email from them sayin to go to sonowsupport.co.uk for a ticket thing

i contact paypal and fraud.

i aint recieved no email for my username or password

the only email i read was the one sayin

"
    Your order is currently in the queue to be setup

Thank you for your patience

Please direct all questions in future to www.sonowsupport.co.uk

Thank you
    "
    and i read that, and since then, no reply

had a reply on the ticket system and read it, sayin stop the paypal fraud thing and we give u the account.

and i am very very hesatante abt doing this, what if i cancle the complaint and they dnt give it to me, and ill have to file another one, which looks bad

I'm assuming you live in the UK.

PayPal has different rules in the UK. It has to follow the strict rules and guidelines set out to protect the consumer.

When you made the payment, if you didnt have any funds in your paypal account, then it would of been taken out of your bank or credit card. In the case of your bank, if PayPal does not comply, then it is possible to perform a charge back against PayPal. If it was done through a credit card, I know visa, mastercard and american express do have online fraud protection. The credit card company is actually responsible for you not getting the product.

The SoNow not delivering the product is also liable for prosecution. Now it depends whether or not its worth hiring a lawyer etc. in order to get your 100. You simply have to look at the opportunity cost.

Now i'm not a lawyer or anything nor studied law etc. But i do have vague memories of the claims ive made above. I could be wrong, so your better double checking first. All i'm saying is that the advantage of having strict laws in the UK against business means you have many channels open to you in getting your money or settling the situation in another matter. You should properly review your channels, class them in terms of severity and take each step at time, becoming more severe as the company in question fails to co-operate and comply. Don't exhaust all channels at the same time and don't go straight for the severist option you can find.

Hope that helps,
    Keep us posted on how you get on,

Good luck,
    Rameen
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

I can't believe that:

1.) You didn't check their site before ordering.
    2.) You Placed an order over MSN
    3.) They accepted an order over MSN

It is just laughable
    DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
    LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups,
    RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.

Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.

BUT, I WENT ON FIND A HOST, ON WHT AND THEY REPLYED TO MY EMAIL AND ADDED EACH OTHER, AS MSN IS QUICKER TO TALK THEN EMAIL. I THOUGHT ALL HOSTES ON WHT ARE LEGIT, WELL I WAS WRONG

Its nice to see how everyone actually goes against a host as soon as a complaint is made and not actually look at both sides of a story, sometimes its the client who is actually in the wrong.

If theres anyone who is wanting to see the read reciepts with headers etc.. then just ask.

We havent conned this guy, it seems more like he is trying to con us, his account has been setup since 27/05/2004.

Maybe his mailserver is blocking our emails? maybe he has norton antispam or something like that? ]

We did a whois on his domain dakumail.com to see if there was any other contact details from what we already had and all we get is a company name, theres no address listed only a mobile number only which we've tried calling on many occasions.

What more can we actually do?

Thanks

ok looks like we both hit a bad patch and got mixed up

basiclly i aint had NO Email About the username or password

hence y i filed with paypal

i own dakumail.com so no emails have been blocked

and my details if u wanted to find out do a search on dakusingh.com and u will find out.

and i dont have no antivirus or anything

Paypal should refund you.

Paypal has stated to us before that unless we can prove that the client received the product (i.e. proof of delivery) then the client is entitled to his/her money back.

We had one client who after 3 weeks of service with us decided to submit a complaint to Paypal to get his money back and we received an e-mail from paypal giving us three options:

1. Enter our proof of delivery number.
    2. Give refund transaction number.
    3. Refund the money.

All we really had no support from Paypal for this and we had no other options. However, for us the client decided not to and cancelled the complaint.

I do feel that you have a very good chance of submitting a complaint and getting your money back.

When submitting the complaint make sure you enter everything accurately etc and then Paypal will give Sonow 10 working days to respond if not then Paypal will attempt to retrieve that money.

I must add though, that we have encountered a few occasions when a client after 48 hours said they never received their welcome e-mail. We guarantee same-day setup (except for servers 24h) and usually within an hour, so Sonow could have genuinely sent you the e-mails without your knowledge. However, if you no longer feel comfortable using a company I recommend you ask them kindly to refund your money and move on.
    Youzo.co.uk
    http://www.youzo.co.uk
    Funky gifts, gadgets, clothing and homeware for him, for her, for the kids, for lovers, for the kids and for everything else!

just before i post i just wanna say that im not on anyones side but would like to share ways of getting this gentlemans details to him.

somone said that they signed up via MSN, why dont you just give him his detials over MSN? its not as if hes suddley gunna be hacked and give them to the wrong person.

secoundly, his WHT account seems to be working fine, why dont you just PM his server details (i take it that its a dedicated server thats been ordered).

thirdy, WHT is an easy spot for con artists to hang out. (not saying that you are or not.)

fourthly, if the money has came out from a bank account then 1. send an e-mail giving them 14 days to refund money or provide service, print a copy of this e-mail. 2. they dont reply take it to bank and do a charge back.

just my 0.02 cents.

Agree with u Flumps :-)
    .:: Sofiram Hosting ::.
    @@ Web Hosting/Design (Support in English and French) @@
    .:: Free PHP Scripts ::.

i had msn, and he dont respond to me on there. i get emails from everyone but them, just seems a bit funny

then i would come to the conculsion that he is conning you then either that or trying to give ur company a bad name.

common think about it there is just so many ways he could get his detials, he must have got them. either that or he just likes having a good moan.

Well That happens a lot .
    <4ulyrics>Cheers ,
    Think Lyrics .... Think 4ULYRICS</4ulyrics>

yep it does.

i personally. dont beleive half the stuff i read about bad comments about companys on here, cause i beleive alot of people are just out there to harm other people.

wish everyone could just get along, the world would be a much better pace.

We havent conned this guy, it seems more like he is trying to con us, his account has been setup since 27/05/2004.
    Sorry, once I saw this, I had to step in.

As a professional web host, you show little or no remorce towards a client of your own.

One thing I have learnt is to not throw back the problem at the client.

If I was a client, I would not appreciate telling me i'm trying to con a business.

To be totally honest, he says he has tried all ways possible to contact you, yet have had no response, or no questions answered.

It is not the customers problem if he has tried to contact you by all means possible, yet is simply yours.

You say that it could be his email address, and he may have had your email address blacklisted or put as spam,
    yet. have you thought it could be your email address blocking him? Have you checked your email's to see if you have blacklisted him, or marked him as a spam?

Well, thats my 2 cents, sorry if I seem harsh, and by all means I am not calling you a con, but he has clearly stated that he has tried to contact you by all means.

I also agree that you could send him his details through MSN, or PM on WHT. So there is no possible reason why you haven't already done so.

Wapture... we recieve his emails no problem!

He just tells us he isnt recieving ours yet no one else has a problem.... so its not us its him!

We've tried every possible way to contact him as well.

He said he has tried phoning us but never gets any answer, if he is calling within office ours then its a total lie.

He said he has logged onto our support site and sent us messages on there... we have replied.

Via MSN, we have not seen him online since he made this purchase.

We call the mobile that is listed in his whois no answer.

then pm him
    DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
    LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups,
    RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.

Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.

Just one thing that has got me curious, why is sonow.co.uk registered to a disolved PLC? Which, according to Nominet rules, should have its WHOIS details public, as it is a company (Or at least it was).
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

Sonow.co.uk domain has been taken over by webdrive ltd the whois is in the process of being updated by nominet!

You still havent told us why you can't PM him the details over WHT

We can send him details over WHT, just not while theres a paypal chargeback.

Well, maybe if you gave him his details he will cancel the payback..

Talk to him, come to some sort of an arrangement, and if nothing can be sorted out, just give him a refund of everything he has paid you.

i dont feel safe with sonow.co.uk now

as this all has happed to me, and with the chargeback

it will stay becuase what if i cancle it and then the same happends again

ill have to do the chargeback again, and paypal might think its funny that i cancled it and done it again etc..

i recieved a PM from someone earlier on here.

and had a email from WHT sayin i had a PM

just to make sure my email is [email protected]

and is that what you have in ur systems!!!!!

like i say, i dont feel comf going with sonow.co.uk as all this has happend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast