Where do spammers get their arsenals? Here is it!

Hello,

Look at below website and also their "Anti SPAM Policy!".

http://www.email-business.com

I got the address from a spam email. By he way their site is being hosted by

http://nexlink.net/

Does anyone know them?

Mac

There are tons of email spiders out there. As far as I know, email harvesting is not illegal, therefore, this software is perfectly legal.

yep, there's loads of the things. No laws against collecting email addresses, so annoyingly, theres nothing you can do about it. The only thing you have managed to do is give them a little promotion and perhaps an extra few customers.

wonder if it'll pick up their own:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

oops, my bad
    Last edited by Ash; 05-28-2004 at 07:55 AM.

I love email harvesters

That's why I choose to keep them busy : http://www.mrrkb.com/go/list_emails.php

See how the explanation part is an image, but the rest will be happily harvested !

I've seens some logs showing that the same IP loaded the page about 600 times ! At 25 (fake) emails per page, thats 15'000 false emails in their databases, enough to waste their time and bandwidth spamming invalid domains

Hehe Loon

It is so simple to make a program to scan for email addresses...
    I really wish there was a law against it but even if there was, do you really think spammers will stop searching for email addresses?

I am getting far more spam everyday than normal email now, there are a few things I can do, but I normally end up losing a lot of legitimate email at the same time and that isn't good when running a business.

So I just have to stick it out for now...I don't like cPanel's idea of the boxtrapper to make people reply to an automated email when they send you an email to make sure they are a working address and not a spammer.
    If someone is asking a sales question they might just move on to another company, or if someone needs support quickly and logs off the internet after sending an email with their problem then you wouldn't even get the support email until they logged back on again, so it's double the wait for them.

I don't think there is any good solution to spam at the minute, and I don't think there is really any way to stop spammers getting your email addresses either.

Even if you put a spam in your name, use NOSPAM before the @ or something, these programs and scripts can be setup to remove the spaces and the NOSPAM from addresses when they find them on sites.
    It does help for some, but a lot are getting more sophisticated now
    John Diver
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

Originally posted by John D
    Even if you put a spam in your name, use NOSPAM before the @ or something, these programs and scripts can be setup to remove the spaces and the NOSPAM from addresses when they find them on sites.
    It does help for some, but a lot are getting more sophisticated now
    The idea is to be imaginative

One neat idea is to actually have your email adress to be [email protected] . This way, the "smart" bots (most of them do this) will remove the nospam part, and their email will bounce.

The other idea is to obfuscate your email adress, but try to be imaginative [email protected] can become me#mydom.com , [email protected], etc etc... but you always need to leave instructions on how to "decode" your real email adress, and that's not very professionnal, but it does the job in forums and other stuff.

Perhaps best method is to enclose your emails in a picture and put that on web pages.

By the way 'alex' if I had free bandwidth and CPU power I would ask for a copy of your script.

If harvesting emails is not illegal then putting fake emails on your website should not be. I suggest you to use "@yahoo.com" and "@hotmail.com" ... on those pages. Then you will help free email subscribers. (their domain will be blocked very soon on those important email hosts. Also they have more power to stop those spammers.)

Mac

wmac, I will gladly give free copies of my script.

I doesn't take much bandwith or cpu usage, it's very simple and isn't spidered very often.

I like the idea of adding yahoo.com and hotmail.com, will look onto that.