Thread: Webmaster site

Webmaster site

can you check out my site a

www.websitestarter.uni.cc

for any feedback..

Review-

Hello-
    Really liked the initial page: clean, neat, easy to read with a pretty cool looking logo bar at the top - and nice color scheme, too.
    Only went to the forum afterwards - perhaps the title could contrast more with all those pale blues & white...but like the "Apple Rip-Off Look" very much!

Nice work,
    El.

The initial page looks great, but it lacks content. Try adding more content from the other pages to 'fill the gap'.
    Also, the subdirectory links on the left panel are not very visible.
    ++++++++
    Providing free cPanel web hosting for over 2 years to community of webmasters
    An independent Burst.net Review

Originally posted by HeadBuilder
    The initial page looks great, but it lacks content. Try adding more content from the other pages to 'fill the gap'.
    Also, the subdirectory links on the left panel are not very visible.
    i agree, it lacks content and the subdirectory links i should should be darker.

Forum is nice but i think it is a bit too bluey blue. Maybe something that matches the greens would be a bit better?

I like the clean layout, but the color of the text links on the left side may be too light.

Thumbs down

The top header doesn't display in Opera. I'm using ver 7.5.

hmm..ok i will try to fix that

I agree there needs to be more here; it's essentially a content-free page. But don't simply pull in content for the sake of taking up space. Think of something useful people should really know upon first entering your site. If nothing more comes to mind, perhaps one of your other pages would be a more appropriate entry page (though none strike me as being such).

Here's a screenshot of your site in Opera 7.23. http://www.plhmedia.com/ex/starter.png

I think the problem is that you've neglected to specify units of measurement with your inline styles. i.e. width:800; height:98 should be width:800px; height:98px, etc. Our best friend, the ever-broken Internet Explorer, will make assumptions about what you wanted to display. Real browsers will punish you for making these types of omitions, a very good thing that (hopefully) leads to better site development.

Paul H
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Hi, i think the header bg is excellent. But i would change the type face, as it been used too many time..