the Planet support problems

I can safely say, BurstNet are one of the worst networks to have a dedicated server on. However, more surprisingly I have had recent problems with the Planet. Where to begin?

A primary hard drive on one of my $500 a month servers with thePlanet required an upgrade. So I ordered the current data to be ghosted onto a new 120gb hard disk. When the work goes underway, the server is down for 13 hours! I was told the process would take no more than 3 hours.

13 hours later teh server is online again, abut I find out that they just put the 40gb drive back in. Apparently there was a problem and the ghosted drive needed to be checked and tested on the server. So i rescheduled the upgrade again and its been 12 hours now. My guys phone the planet constantly but surprise surprise they have no info for us.

Finally i get totally annoyed having had to say bye to 6 customers who had had enough (can't blame them can you!). I tell the person on the other end of the phone who sounds like he really couldn't care less. He tells me he will contact the datacentre and check if anyone is working on the server. If not he will try and get someone to start on it as soon as possible. Now I would like to know, what kind of mentality is that - to unplug a server and leave it offline for 12 hours without even starting work on it!

In terms of server availability and uptime I have no complaints about thePlanet OR server matrix, but their technicians need a good kick up the backside!

Has anyone else had similar problems with the planet?

Host Admin
    HostSupreme.co.uk

Not as serious, we only just got our windows server with them so dont have any customers on it but they are supposed to do 24/7 support and i submitted a ticket early in the morning it was actually 3am their time (im in the uk) and it wasn't even looked at until 10 and then they say really stupid stuff, I say i cant access helm and mention another problem so they say to fix the problem go into helm..........and an hour later they get the point of what i was saying and a couple of hours later they fix it.

Their uptime is great servers are very fast but we use EV1 as well and they are much faster with support.

This is SM btw and not the Planet

Has anyone else had similar problems with the planet?
    Im sort of new to them, but no, havent had one issue that wasnt resolved quickly.

Not sure whats going on with their support in your case. Keep us posted on what happens.

[offtopic] Please setup your sig in your profile.[/offtopic]

Originally posted by tazd9t9
    Not as serious, we only just got our windows server with them so dont have any customers on it but they are supposed to do 24/7 support and i submitted a ticket early in the morning it was actually 3am their time (im in the uk) and it wasn't even looked at until 10 and then they say really stupid stuff, I say i cant access helm and mention another problem so they say to fix the problem go into helm..........and an hour later they get the point of what i was saying and a couple of hours later they fix it.

Their uptime is great servers are very fast but we use EV1 as well and they are much faster with support.

This is SM btw and not the Planet
    Hi, Server Matrix I believe is managed by the same staff as the planet. Anyhow, Rackshack (ev1servers.net) support is actually better, though i wish their network was too. Dos attacks on that network are too common. On the whole the planet since becoming established in the market have not expanded in terms of staff levels and training in correlation to their growth in sales, which i believe is a key problem. When i first started using them, they seemed like a godsend in comparison to BurstNet and ev1servers. However, while their network is holding up strong, their support is going to let them down.

My advice to you, though be it a potentially more expensive method is to post tickets and then phone them up to have the ticket dealt with 30 minutes later.

It is now 2 hours since i last phoned and the server is still down.

14 hours and counting

Host Admin
    HostSupreme.co.uk

Server Matrix/The Planet should have a form on their site for compalints. I was waiting for an OS Reload last night (bad drive), called twice and the tech pretty much just tried to get me off the phone, said someone was working on it twice then emailed saying they wouldn't be in until tomorrow to do it.

When I asked how long it would take the response I got was "not long". "Two Hours" would have been a better response, of course they don't tell me that until I call after the servers been down an hour.

Their tech support is friendly, just not overly accurate. If I knew it would have been 2 hours, I would have told my customers 2 hours instead of "not long".