Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Day After Tomorrow - Movie Review

I just got back from The Day After Tomorrow and I must say I was pretty impressed.

I really enjoyed the special effects. The story I wasn't a huge fan of, I think a few things could have been different -- but of course I'm not Mr. Emmerich.

Overall I would see it again, but I don't think it was as good as it could have been.

If your into special effects I would strongly suggest the movie. Otherwise you're probably not missing much by staying at home.

I'll give it 3.5/5 stars
    * Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

Going to go see it tomarrow, Thats the first day its out in the theaters here..

EDIT

Just noticed it is already tomarrow, Then I should say Going to see it tonight..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Yes we are raving about it here in India too ! lets see how it goes !
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    Php laravel developers,
    Ruby on Rails developers,
    www.chrisranjana.com

We saw it yesterday. Decided it was a good enough reason to try the gold class seats. Fantastic movie.

Gary

Originally posted by AussieHosts
    We saw it yesterday. Decided it was a good enough reason to try the gold class seats. Fantastic movie.

Gary
    gold class seats? that's a first i'm hearing of this. Maybe only in AUS ?

how much do those gold class seats go for?
    -= PREMIUM DOMAIN NAMES @ DOMAINPEP.COM

Originally posted by mantra
    how much do those gold class seats go for?
    $16.50 (around US$12.00)

Gary

$16.50 (around US$12.00)

Gary
    wow, not bad at all. I pay $9 for a regular seat
    -= PREMIUM DOMAIN NAMES @ DOMAINPEP.COM

Did anyone else find the ending was rushed and condensed. They spent amasive amount of time building to the climax, which seems to have left them with only a few minutes to wrap it all together and end the movie. I got the impression that a lot of parts of story were missed or could of been extended on.

I don't want to disclose too much details but:
    - did we see what happen to kid with cancer. Would of been nice to see the tumour decrease because of toxin free air etc..
    - what amount those in the other monitoring station.
    - the start of the rebuilding.
    MattF - Since the start..

Originally posted by MattF
    A sequel? The Day after Yesterday?

Gary

Originally posted by MattF
    Did anyone else find the ending was rushed and condensed. They spent amasive amount of time building to the climax, which seems to have left them with only a few minutes to wrap it all together and end the movie. I got the impression that a lot of parts of story were missed or could of been extended on.

I don't want to disclose too much details but:
    - did we see what happen to kid with cancer. Would of been nice to see the tumour decrease because of toxin free air etc..
    - what amount those in the other monitoring station.
    I agree, the movie wasn't even that long (2 hours I think). They could have spent a little longer wrapping up loose ends. It wasn't boring or anything so an extra 30 minutes wouldn't have been too bad.
    * Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

Gonna be seeing it this weekend, along with Coffee and Cigarettes.

Should be cooooool.
    DreamLogic Cult Film and Music Reviews
    STOPware - Visitor Management solutoins

Been to see it this afternoon. Thought the special effects were amazing, story wasn't particularly great, neither was most of the acting.

Was nice to see it on a big screen but it won't have the same impact on DVD.
    Steve

It's just a propaganda movie about Global Warming!
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

It looks like a good flim to checkout on the big screen. I like special effects and they're great on the big screen at the cinema, and it's good to get out.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

I went to see it at noon. I thought it was great. There were some parts that had no relevence and shouldnt have been in it (like the wolves), and the girl with the infected cut. The wolves would have been dead, the the girl scene dead ended with showing the infection on her leg, and nothing more in the movie about it. I think there were probably additional scenes that made them relevent, but got cut out.

Overall, it's one movie I was glad I paid for, it was well worth it, unlike most I go see int he theatre. Story could have been better, but considering how much happened in two short hours of film, there's not much they could have done to make it better.

It's far better than Van Helsig. Now I plan on seeing Riddick.

Save your money.

It seemed a bit unrealistic to me, there were funny parts however it could have been better. Doubt I'll buy it on dvd.
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

Originally posted by NationHosts
    It seemed a bit unrealistic to me, there were funny parts however it could have been better. Doubt I'll buy it on dvd.
    Yeah, didnt seem quite as realistic as the Matrix, Spiderman, and, the Hulk

The one I was at, during the scene where they are looking for books to burn to keep warm and arguing about which ones NOT to burn, and the other guy yells up "Hey we have a whole section on tax law down here we can burn"....everyone in there broke out laughing and clapping, and applauding the film at that point.

Gary
    That's pretty cool. I've never seen those kinds of seats until now. I suppose they don't have these kinds of seats if the movie tend to be a bit less dramatic and/or exciting? I'd fall asleep on those things in an instant. I almost fell asleep in Kill Bill 2 (I didn't like it, I don't care if 98% of the population did )

Do they provide special food? I see they have a bottle of wine there. I'm not going to even ask about the prices.

I liked it - I was especially impressed that they did not feel they had to put any - its the end of the world and its really cold - lets get naked and have wild orgy sex to stay warm since we are going to die anyway scenes.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

What a waste of money
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Originally posted by sailor
    I liked it - I was especially impressed that they did not feel they had to put any - its the end of the world and its really cold - lets get naked and have wild orgy sex to stay warm since we are going to die anyway scenes.
    That's why it wasnt realistic
    If it were me, I'd be grabbing every good looking woman off the streets saying "Come in here and warm up baby!"

Great movie!

The main idea of it was to show that

-- People need to trust more.
    -- People need to think about the future.
    -- People need to not hate each other.
    -- People need to live in peace.
    -- People need to read more books

Eventually that will happen sometime. Not in 6 days as it happened in a movie of course. Look at the weather changing. Winters are getting warmer. Climate changes and ice in Antarctic is melting (it is true).

Now look what’s happening with world right now. We are at war that might turn into a big one. WE ARE FIGHTING EACH OTHER BECAUSE OF BELIEFS. WE FORGOT ABOUT SUCH THINGS AS LOVE, FRIENDSHIP.

Did you notice that people start to think about these things when something really bad happens?

Think about.
    How's my programming? Call 1-800-DEV-NULL

Sounds like a type of movie that you either love or hate. I am going to see it tommorow, so don't spoil it for anyone.

It was an impressive movie. I wasn't expecting much since there wasn't too much hype or marketing put into it, but I think the special effects were awesome. The acting was OK (not the greatest), the ending felt really rushed.

I'm pretty familiar with my science, and a lot of what was shown in the movie was really far fetched, but it was entertaining.

I'd say 7.9/10

-- edit --

null, the chances of most of what happened in the movie happening in real life, well, let's just say that a big arse meteor is supposed to hit the earth in 800 some years, and people should worry about that first
    Last edited by pixd; 05-31-2004 at 12:47 AM.

it was better that i expected, about the special effects they have huge realistic scenes and fail with the little wolves :| duh

but it was enough entertaining

i'm waiting for Potter so badddddddddddddddddddddd *-*

The SFX were sweet! Being a computer/graphics person, its cool to see some work done with computers.
    The move as a whole was pretty good. I won't buy it, but might borrow it from a friend and copy it J/K

Originally posted by Webdude
    Yeah, didnt seem quite as realistic as the Matrix, Spiderman, and, the Hulk

The one I was at, during the scene where they are looking for books to burn to keep warm and arguing about which ones NOT to burn, and the other guy yells up "Hey we have a whole section on tax law down here we can burn"....everyone in there broke out laughing and clapping, and applauding the film at that point.
    did someone say the hulk? :-D

Heh.. It was OK. Good special effects.... good science stuff which in theory is possible but it 'seemed' a bit unrealistic how it took place. But that's not really the point of the movie.. it's a .. who cares if there's bad acting or unrealistuc stuff.. we go there to see the effects and to see global or wide scale events that we will never see in our lifetime except in a movie. Oh and yes, the HULK movie was hilarious (someone did say the hulk!)

I enjoyed it,was everything i thought it would be
    Shawn Auton
    Racked Hosting
    Web Hosting, Unmetered Dedicated Hosting and SHOUTcast Hosting

I came I saw I conquered (The concession bar) was a good movie!

I think this is a great movie, best movie I ever seen

best movie I ever seen
    Maybe for special effects but the actors and script writers won't be winning an Oscar any time soon!
    Steve

I'm going in now . . .

Great movie. I really enjoyed it. I thought the parallel between the Father (Dennis Quaid) neglecting his son, and us mankind neglecting the planet, was an interesting parallel.

Thought provoking movie and I think we all at times need reminding how fragile this hunk of rock we all share, really is.

i liked it I think you have to see it in the movies though as the special effects would be less impressive at home.

Yup...saw it at the weekend. Not bad. Didn't have to think too hard (perfect after the week I'd just had!) and some good special effects.

Much better than Van Helsing which I saw the previous weekend and can only describe as "the loudest film I have ever seen". Ouch.
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...

I seen the movie last week while I was down in Orlando on a little vacation. The movie was good. I loved the special effects. Also, I think the wolves were a little too fake, but it did put a good twist to the movie.

I agree that parts were left out. I think that the parents of the kid with cancer should have showed up. The people stuck in the monitor station should have got out.

I loved how at the end, all those people were on top of buildings.
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

Originally posted by JWise
    . . . The people stuck in the monitor station should have got out.
    I think they couldn't get out unless by helicopter, as the old chap made a remark (when watching a news broadcast) of when the choppers were to evacuate the English Royal family, at how they would never come for them. Those choppers never made it to the Royal Family anyways, as their fuel froze mid-air.

I liked the movie also.
    "man vs nature"

I think it probably did more harm than good for the "global-warming-is-a-real-problem-that-we-should-do-something-about-now" crowd, because it's so exaggerated - to make it a more dramatic movie. And fit the title ;-)

I wonder if any Canadians were offended by not getting so much as a mention??
    http://www.IwantFUI.com
    If you could host a new kind of content from your old-fashioned web servers
    and make new money from your customers and differentiate your business all at the same time... could you afford not to try? See the new site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast