Still Looking For Merchant Account Solution

I'm still in need of some direction for choosing a way to accept cc for my hosting site.

What do you recommend for a startup budget hoster where cost is the biggest factor.

I know there is always an option of Paypal. What else is out there?

if you're in the us, check out cdgcommerce. they've been highly reccommended here and they've got promos for wht members.

if you're looking for a 3rd-party processor or operating outside of the us, look into 2checkout as they are one of the better ones in tpp.

Originally posted by boeki
    if you're in the us, check out cdgcommerce. they've been highly reccommended here and they've got promos for wht members.

if you're looking for a 3rd-party processor or operating outside of the us, look into 2checkout as they are one of the better ones in tpp.
    Yes I'm in the US.

I have visited Chris' website. It really looks good exept the monthly reaccuring charges. They are not a lot but when starting out the fees can really hurt until things really start rolling.

I guess what I am looking for are suggestions like start out with company A. Then as your business picks up get a full merchant account like the products cdgcommerce reps.

Does this make sense?

Check out 2checkout or paystems then as a 3rd party if you want cheap no recurring,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Angry

Originally posted by cybercoach
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Make sure your monthly sales stay low with 2CO and PaySystems. I know cases where people never got they money back.

And we are talking about amounts from $20K/mo and up.
    I don't know whether they do it with US merchants, but for internationals they have no respect at all. Maybe because they know intrn merchants can do nothing about it except of posting comments like this on public forums
    Amirocms.com

hav u tried worldpay worldpay.com?

Originally posted by Leksus
    Make sure your monthly sales stay low with 2CO and PaySystems. I know cases where people never got they money back.

And we are talking about amounts from $20K/mo and up.
    I don't know whether they do it with US merchants, but for internationals they have no respect at all. Maybe because they know intrn merchants can do nothing about it except of posting comments like this on public forums
    is this true? for 2co? or for paysystems? or both? can somebody else confirm this?

It's not my intention to accuse above mentioned 3rd party billing companies. I am sure there are a lot of merchants especially in the US and Canada that are happy with them and good luck...

However, you should understand, especially if you are in high-risk business (and it shouldn't be necessary adult or gaming) that people sometimes get greedy and may consider to froze your funds for ANY reason they can fantasize. And the reason is very simple. It’s easy money because merchant from overseas won’t be appealing in international courts or submit compliance to UN…

Therefore, if you are overseas and considering processing high volumes and with even low chargeback ratio, you better stay away from them and get reliable merchant account.
    Amirocms.com

Angry

I agree with Leksus,
    I was a silent reader of this forum, but had to register in order to report this latest **** from 2chekcout.

I have a site that sells subscriptions to online certification practice tests. Everything was ok with 2checkout. The site had a business of $4000+ during the current month.
    I received an email from 2CO that my account was disabled because the site was selling copyrighted material, which is not true.

On furhter email inquiries they indicated that it was due to an old crap site that used 2CO services, and was never updated after October 2003 (it is mentioned on site). This site has a separate 2CO merchant account.

Is it fair to close all of my accounts and disable access to the sellers area, if they have problem with one account.

I am on foot again, looking for a credit card processor. I have signed up with paysystems, but when I try to pay the setup fee, their system does not accept my credit card

Any other option for a non-US vendor that will not lock my account after receiving my money.

Re: Still Looking For Merchant Account Solution

Originally posted by cybercoach
    I'm still in need of some direction for choosing a way to accept cc for my hosting site.

What do you recommend for a startup budget hoster where cost is the biggest factor.

I know there is always an option of Paypal. What else is out there?
    Obtain your own MO/TO merchant account. The fees are just part of the cost of doing business. Using a 3rd party to process your cc transactions may appear on the surface to be the quickest & easiest method, but that is only short term.

Could try out payquake.com no monthly on one of thier accounts, i've personally never used them, just happen to get to thier site one day.

I'd agree with qwsaint in that merchant processing costs are a part of doing business online. Just like a monthly server bill or any other such cost.

Sometimes, just because one option is less expensive -initially- doesn't mean that it is the best long term solution. I think 3rd party processors are great for int'l merchants and/or if someone is just testing the waters.

But for anyone who is actively looking to grow, I think that the benefits long term for your own direct billing solution far surpasses 3rd party processing. The ability to having 100% branding, full control over your billing, the flexibility to use or switch between gateways and/or to migrate your billing with ease are all big benefits.

A perfect analogy of this is the new direct deposit solution we are setting up for commission issuance, in lieu of checks. The provider we went with had a higher monthly cost than most others... but our transactional costs were lower and over the long haul, that is going to provide a much bigger benefit to us.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

What Chris said

and by the way - hes probably one of your best options (though he cant self advertise himself here ) - drop him a line for additional details
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Originally posted by Gargoyle
    What Chris said

and by the way - hes probably one of your best options (though he cant self advertise himself here ) - drop him a line for additional details
    From what I have been able to find Chris seems to have the best option around.

The problem is the mounting reaccuring monthly and startup costs. I was looking for something that would be a temp solution for 6-12 months and then go through Chris for a real merchant account.

I do not want to keep adding monthly bills while I am going thru the learning curve of this business. I believe I'm not expecting unrealistic results. There is going to be awhile before I can expect to have my act together enough even to be able to signup a customer. I am new to this and want to get it right. And of course as fast and cheaply as possible.

Cybercoach - I will second (or third? I lost count) the recommendation for Chris @ CDGCommerce. There are many reasons, and I can certainly empathize with the start up costs being a burden. However, look at it from a customer stand point and you may see yourself able to justify the added $20-30 per month for your own merchant account.

1) PayPal for example, often, require a membership before a payment can be sent. Further verification is required if the payment to be sent is "high". This is annoying for potential customers, and can lose the sale altogether

2) While 3rd Party Processors, such as PaySystems/2CO, will process credit cards without the client having an account, they bring the client to their website to pay. Rookie online buyers get scared when they are buying something from one company and have to give their credit card information to another. A lot of times, they just don't trust it. You can't assume that all of your clients are frequent visitors of the E-Commerce forum here at WHT

3) Further to point 2, BRANDABILITY. When someone pays through a 3rd Party, the 3rd Party's name is on their statement - not yours. This also can result in chargebacks if your client forgets what the payment is.

At any rate, good luck with whatever you decide, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask them. But definately, check out CDG's WHT rates (http://www.cdgcommerce.com/wht/).
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Thanks for your advise VanHost.

I didn't know that 3rd party processors took the client to their site.

I still am trying to buck the $20-30/month What about PayQuake=same as 3rd party processors? A whole year for only $49. Seems mighty tempting.

How many transactions/how much revenue do you plan on processing per month? If you don't want to disclose it publicy, simply hit the email button.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Interesting info on your sig.

To answer your previous question. This is a new venture for us therefore no history to create historical data. Fancy way of saying...Uhhh.

I'm going to be niche marketing face to face. We'll have some incentive for wom. Don't know how fast that'll kick in. Hopefully in 2-4 months. As with any niche marketing it can be slow or/and then catch on fire.

We are planning on doing no online advertising so all depends on our closing rate. The plan is to sell support and service and not to get into price war that I see all the time. This stratigy I believe will bring slower growth. Hopefully steady though. The by-product I hope to be is that we'll have real loyal clients.

Any suggestions you would have would be most welcome.

Thats wrong... 3rd party processing can be done on your own site. We just have to have the processors logo on our site page!

www.volpay.com is who we're using. Its run by Tyler Jones who've we work with (He's used to be with another company)

We have our own payment page and just have to add certain text and a logo!

He was saying that he's got a load of hosting companies on at the moment so i'm sure there's a few people here that use him.

Thanks

Gavin