Thread: DetailHosting

Thumbs down DetailHosting

I've been a customer of DetailHosting ( for, oh, about a year now. I've always paid on time. But now this is starting to piss me off.

It started about 1 1/2 - 2 months ago. There was a little downtime, but I once owned a hosting company, so I knew that trouble could arise. I let usually the first 3 or so downtimes just slide by. But in the first month, I swear I had over 15 days of downtime. Doesn't bug me much, I run a very low-member-count forum and they're all close friends, so they don't seem to care. Ok, I exagerate, about half of the downtime was actual downtime, and the other half was MySQL server downtime. It's started to shape up a little bit though, not as much downtime, everything was going alright.

But, I'm a freelance designer, and I found that my friend is selling reseller accounts for dirt cheap, so I decided to change hosts. Ok, phone support is never there. No problem, I'll just submit a ticket. reply. I'll try AIM support. No answer.

Now I'm a reasonable guy, but I also bought Exo v3, and this makes twice when support and contact between the sellers and buyers just died.

So I'm trying to contact DH, but no answer. It's starting to piss me off. I try to stay away from phone support as much as possible, because the damn tech guy hardly speaks any English.

Tomorrow I'm going to call their HQ. Maybe they'll give me an answer.

Does anybody else have/had problems with them?

Quebec, Canada
    I find it ironic people staying at the same web host after 15 days of downtime... Very un cool if you ask me.

Try the phone number in the whois:

Registrant Contact:
    Bizzrt Inc
    Alan Thurai ([email protected])
    Fax: none
    93 Stuyvesant Avenue
    Lyndhurst, NJ 07071

And no I ever dealt or heard of them before today.
    PierreB - Montreal

3. Hi,

We don't have any problem on our server. We have 24X7 staff to help you out. Please submit your ticket. If you have submit your ticket already please email the ticket number and I will ask them to look at it.

You can call us our toll Free at 1866-869-9314 ( 9 AM - 6 PM EST)
    Email support 24X7.

If you have any questions you can email to me directly [email protected]

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-28-2004 at 02:57 PM.
    Best, Fast and Reliable Hosting
    Toll Free 1866-869-9314
    AIM :detailsupport247

Lynbrook, New York
    edited. - nevermind.
    Sang P. Ma
    President/VizHost.Com, Inc.

Usually the downtime was minimal, so like and hour or two, and me and my users didn't seem to care.

However, it looks like their support is back. They seem to be doing better.

Their service isn't bad, it just hasn't been available to anyone for the past week or so, and it was pissing me off.