Hybrid View

Thumbs up I am Happy with my Host

OK well now I have been reading endless threads for the time I have been here about how bad this host is and about nightmares. As somone mentioned in another thread you do not often see positive ones.

So here is one about a host who has exceeded our expectations at every turn.

After about six months of hopping hosts and losing a ton of cash we ended up with Servint.

The reasons why we are happy with them:

Support

From day one the support has been excellent. Can get someone on the phone or by email at every hour of the day. Usually a reply within 5-30 mins if by email.

With minor requests they always carry them out very quickly. With custom installs they have often done them for free even when I have told sales we will pay.

I even know the support staff's names off by heart, though I bet they have us on a dartboard ;-)

Uptime and Hardware

The specs on the machines is always excellent and they are realistic about pricing when they quote you.

Our uptime has been great throughout the 18 months or so we have been with them. I think only a couple of times we have ever been down and those have been for minutes.

I am not an expert on networks but we have never had problems reported from users on anything like that either.

Flexible and Personal

They have always worked with us to meet our changing needs. Our sites are quite spikey and things can change very fast.

So for instance recently we have not been burning the usual 50-150GB a day but we have big new site that we know will be mysql heavy. So they helped us work out a solution where we reduced our bandwidth plan but got another server.

We also always feel like more than a number. They treat us like an important customer and take time to respond to all our queries, even the daft ones :-) Even the owner of the company has emailed us a few times to see how things are.

Beyond the Call

What really marks them out is that they go beyond the terms of service and really do try to help. Even my most ridiculous install requests get looked at :-) Plus early in the year we had a very serious hotlinking problem with hundreds of GB going out the window to some buggers in Korea. They waived the fee for those transfers, which I am sure they had no need to do.

Conclusion

A host that really has exceeded our expectations and delivered what they promised. Not the cheapest solution for sure but well worth it in our eyes and value for what we get back.

This is not meant as promotion or for us to suck up to them. Just thought I would post something positive about a host, for once.

James

Nice review, have read good things about servint.

nice to see good reviews from time to time.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I heard so many good reviews about them but i have not been able to visit their website once ,

seems it is banned over here because i pmed the representative of servint who visit this forum last year but he told me that it would be some problem with your isp.

But I have never seen any bad review about them so it seems they are a really nice company and would like to try them out once their site starts opening over here again.

That is odd Creshost. Mind you I have heard of that before with some websites.

Anyway was glad to post it. Sometimes in here you would think its all schemers and amateurs. But I guess bad news is always better reading than good :-)

Originally posted by Fatty
    That is odd Creshost. Mind you I have heard of that before with some websites.

The sites you have in your sig are hosted at servint ?

Because both of those site are loading fine over here , so seems to be only a problem with their main website.

It would be very strange indeed to be able to access servers at a particular datacenter and not a specific site there CresHost.

As for Fatty's review, we also sleep well at night knowing that the ServInt techs are on the job. Very nice review...

they might ban certain countries from viewing their main page (thus allowing ordering).

Originally posted by Tracert
    they might ban certain countries from viewing their main page (thus allowing ordering).
    I could understand that, it seems he can't access their main page though.

Maybe he's from Vietnam. We firewalled Vietnam due to daily fraud attempts and oh what a good feeling it is.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

OK well now I have been reading endless threads for the time I have been here about how bad this host is and about nightmares. As somone mentioned in another thread you do not often see positive ones.
    I know, right: Whats up with everyone having nightmares all the time? In my opinion, nightmares involve freefalls and blood thirsty zombies and such, not hosts (unless, of course, you called your host and a gremlin crashed through the window, that could be a hosting nightmare I suppose.)

My two cents

Originally posted by Tracert
    We don't actually ban anyone from viewing our website. Check with your network administrator, or your local government censor.
    ServInt
    Providing Managed VPS for over 11 years
    Managed Dedicated Servers for almost 19 years!
    http://www.servint.net

Indeed, though I have waking nightmares with one host. It could have been the first case of strangling via AIM. ;-)

But the day I really have a dream about a hosting company is the day I get out of this :-)

Cresshost, wheer are your from? Might help work that out. The sites are on servint servers.

Originally posted by NexDog
    Maybe he's from Vietnam. We firewalled Vietnam due to daily fraud attempts and oh what a good feeling it is.
    Nope , I am not from Vietnam , I am from Pakistan.

Last year when i contacted the person of Servint who visits this forum , sorry but i cant remember his username , he told me that they dont ban any ips

From what I can see is that I can access the site which are hosted on their network ( i checked the sites in the signature of the thread starter ) but not servint.net .

So I did a traceroute to both sites and the traceroute for the other site went fine but the traceroute for servint.net just gave Request Time Out after reaching pie.net.pk , so it seems only their website is banned , but not their whole network by pie.net.pk through which all my traceroutes go , so it seems I should e-mail them and ask the reason for this .

After I replied I saw BobFarmer <-- this is the username i contacted last year

Bobfarmer can you tell me that is it for me to contact pie.net.pk ? or your staff can do it ?
    Last edited by CresHost; 05-29-2004 at 01:41 PM.

good to be able and hear that there are some people satisfied
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

creshost,

you should contact them, since you are their client. they are more likely to listen to you, if at all. maybe the block has something to do with servint's (real or perceived) spam problem?

please, no flames. i am not putting down your favorite provider (i am not a spam nazi).

paul

Does not Pakistan have country-wide blacklists like some other muslim countries do? They can block arbitrary websites based on gov's opinion that it's inappropriate, country-wide, totally insane.

PS suggestion - use proxies