Currently in Hiroshima (JP)

Too many connections?

I've had a shared hosting plan with AIT for quite a while, and today I just got the complaint below from them:

At this time, your domain, is using 41299 connections to the server, which is in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy
    Can someone please explain what exactly this means? This domain is almost purely static pages and images (about 1500 HTML/PHP pages, 600 images), occupying about 100 MB and transferring about 30 GB/month.

Thanks in advance!

but nice site =]

oh man that is alot of pages....

my head hurts just thinking about those operations.....

Boston, MA
    Maybe it was receiving an attack, ask them if it was malicious or legit connections or something similar.
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation and Dedicated Servers

I think you are asking what it means.

It means that 41299 requests are made (eaither webpages, images, etc) at an instance... thats generally very very very high

As Crucial mentioned, seems more like an attack than actual 41299 visitors... best one to contact is your host

Hi Marcos,
    As some have stated already it was more than likely an attack on your site and your best course of action would be to ask your host, if this was the case and what they and you can do to prevent this from happening again.
    DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
    LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups,
    RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.

Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.

Or you could be having a bot spidering your site. For the nature of your site where you have many files, a bot can easily overwhelm a lot of host as they crawl through page after page rapidly. The problem adds up if you have a few of them on your page at the same time.
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |