$10 per month, what should I get?

Any good hosting for $10/month provide quality server and plan? Please suggest by your experience!

Goleta, CA
    Anyway take a look around in the offers forum for shared hosting.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I would suggest paying for only what you need, if you only need 2gb's of transfer now don't bother getting a plan that has 20

The vast majority of cases the more you pay the better the service.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Chicago, IL
    i suggest olddh- my site is hosted by them and I pay very little (2 bucks) for 8gb of bandwidth and 200mb disk space. They would probably be happy to give you a custom plan to fit what you need which is great and is what I did.

They used to have a pretty bad uptime but ever since they switched to a new server i have had no problems what so ever.

For $10 / mo, You should be able to find a decent host. Make sure you test the hosts support, server speed, etc.

Best Wishes~
    Professional Site Development & Budget Web Hosting
    Customer Satisfaction is our MAIN focus!

$10/month is fine - but depends what youre shopping for -

What kind of resources will you actually need?

Give a try, their servers are at globalcompass a very reliable DC.
    DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
    LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups,
    RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.

Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.

For $10 a month, you can go to - haven't heard anything about them so far, and a lot of WHT members can give you their reviews on that host.

Originally posted by Gargoyle
    $10/month is fine - but depends what youre shopping for -

What kind of resources will you actually need?

Basically, I need it for a forum, my visitors get more and more, I have 10g server which is overload. But the extra bandwidth need to pay $5/g. And my server run slow in asian area. Thats why I am looking for a better hosting which is good for price, speed, reliable, service. Thanks for your help.

I would go to McDonnalds and get yourself a #4.. supersized..

You should probobly be able to get around 15Gb transfer and about 500+Mb diskspace atleast. Or maybe thats just my view because i offer that. Happy Hunting.

Last edited by smdawg33; 05-28-2004 at 11:59 PM.
    Affordable, Effective, Reliable Web Hosting Solutions.

Do a search for ****** on this forum , that might expand your horizon
    I like to help

I pay $10 a month for 20 gigs of data transfer & 800 mb of space from Digitalinet (

They constantly add space & bandwidth to their plans. When I first signed up in 2002 my account offered me 6 gigs of transfer & 500 mbs of space. As you can see times change :-)