Burstnet..................

I have a friend who had some servers with burstnet and he got nothing but bad service and poor quality. He is very knowledgeable about these types of things so I believe him... has anyone had a bad experience/long downtime with burstnet recently
      0 Not allowed!

Every provider has its up's and down's. BurstNET had theirs late last year (network issues). From what I understand, they have no problems as of lately.
      0 Not allowed!

yea but ive heard VERY bad things about it
      0 Not allowed!

Pretty bad nov-jan, from the looks of things, they have been pretty stable.
      0 Not allowed!

It's always a good idea to check the Host Down? forums to check the reliability of a host
      0 Not allowed!

their network has been okay lately...it's quite good for what you pay though.
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003
      0 Not allowed!

In my experience Burst has great support. Try their support ticket system or phone line.
    Software Devil
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Burstnet..................

Originally posted by sorcre
    I have a friend who had some servers with burstnet and he got nothing but bad service and poor quality. He is very knowledgeable about these types of things so I believe him... has anyone had a bad experience/long downtime with burstnet recently
    Here are their recent issues:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=271293 - Only affected people routed over Cogent, most traffic except for some cable ISPs (Such as single-homed Comcast) were routed onto other lines.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=269354 - Approx. 5 minutes of downtime for an emergency switch swap.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=267839 - Network was DDOSed, VLANed servers were not affected.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

BurstNET has a past for an unreliable network. When I did have a server there, I left after the 6+ hour outage in november. I would never even think about putting servers back there. Personally (no pun intended) I would take anything joshua says with a grain of salt as his business is/was based around reselling burstNET.
      0 Not allowed!

yea im completly going to forget about nocster
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sysc
    Personally (no pun intended) I would take anything joshua says with a grain of salt as his business is/was based around reselling burstNET.
    No, everything he's said he's given you facts, not personal opinions. The fact is, Burst had a major outage a few months back due to one of there bandwidth or pop3 providers(something like that) now everyone is jumping on there back whenever something happends. NO host is perfect, there isn't a company that hasn't had a bad review(some more then others).
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sysc
    BurstNET has a past for an unreliable network. When I did have a server there, I left after the 6+ hour outage in november. I would never even think about putting servers back there. Personally (no pun intended) I would take anything joshua says with a grain of salt as his business is/was based around reselling burstNET.
    The poster asked for people who use Burstnet to show them recent network issues, so I posted the 3 threads from the network downtime forum that were started in the past month, and posted a summary. Is the past month recent enough for you? If I wanted to paint a good picture of Burst, I'd say "100% uptime for the past month", not point out 3 issues. Read through those 3 threads - My summaries will match the content of the threads.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

i called burstNET and they said they did not have any downtime last month. one of their iSPs had a fire but they just rerouted and used their other ones.
      0 Not allowed!

i called burstNET and they said they did not have any downtime last month. one of their iSPs had a fire but they just rerouted and used their other ones.
    Yeah, that was Cogent
    http://forums.burst.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2778
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest
      0 Not allowed!

Burstnet did not have network downtime, with the exception of the few minutes (Probably around 2 minutes for the router swap) though they did have periods of high latency on some servers during the DDOS (they were still accessable, but it was very slow).

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

From what i have seen it seems that they have just had some bad luck the past couple of months..... im not sure....
      0 Not allowed!

From what i have seen it seems that they have just had some bad luck the past couple of months..... im not sure....
    Their VLANs have helped a lot in mitigating the effects of DDOS attacks. Unfortnately, not all servers are on VLANs yet. Any new servers being setup are on VLANs by customer. If you have one server there, you have 1 server on the VLAN. If you're a reseller, all of your clients go on your VLAN.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

I think that im going to give them a shot....
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by daejuanj
    No, everything he's said he's given you facts, not personal opinions. The fact is, Burst had a major outage a few months back due to one of there bandwidth or pop3 providers(something like that) now everyone is jumping on there back whenever something happends. NO host is perfect, there isn't a company that hasn't had a bad review(some more then others).
    A pop3 provider eh?

(no offense, but that speaks leagues about their resellers).

I guess people have to have been around WHT for 2-3 years by now to track the Burstnet pattern. Much like the MRTG of a popular server hosting North American websites, the daily MRTG can be compared to that of Burstnet's reliability (based on postings over the past year), it follows almost a sine wave pattern. Every few months they seem to have had a major outage (maybe 2-3x a year), then as soon as it was over people would say "well its great now"). Point being, at 2-3/year consistently for several years now, aside from the budget hosting crowd (ok, so that basically describes their customer base, but still), *everyone* who can read and use the search buttons *should* have caught on by now.
      0 Not allowed!

i called burstNET and they said they did not have any downtime last month.
    That's their typical response, actually. How well it's believed depends on how gullible you are.

As far as downtime, I had a server with them from Oct '02 to Nov '03, and all through that was a nightmare. I'd do a search for personal experiences with Burstnet before making a final decision. They're known for up again, down again networks, quite well.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details
      0 Not allowed!

I have had nothing but good experiances with burst.net so far, having had 3 servers with them for 3 months.

I've contacted their live support numerous times and found them to be nothing but helpful and friendly so far!

There was some billing confusion in the start but we worked through that problem together and I'm very satisfied I chose burst.net.
      0 Not allowed!

hmmm this is a thought decision...... but yea i think i will give them a shot
      0 Not allowed!

Or one of the many quality burst net resellers
      0 Not allowed!

Hehe, Naw i think i will stick with the original. Thanks to everyone for their opinions. well i have to go now, those dual xeon 3.06 servers don't sell themselfs.... well they kinda do at $180
      0 Not allowed!