Thread: advertising

advertising

Hello,

i am starting a reseller hosting buisness. i am wondering where everyone gets their buisness? what means do you use to advertise? banners? what? lol. like i have absolutly no clue.

thanks
    Josh

Well, starting a buisness and not having any clue is not a good thing...word of mouth and locals will work
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Agree, word of mouth is a major premiss. You could start out with some Google Ads to be cost-effective.

If your business targets a certain niche, I would recommend advertising directly to it. For example, I target mainly law firms, and therefore, it would make sense to advertise on legal resource websites, college boards, etc etc. Just my two cents.

Originally posted by chaud
    Well, starting a buisness and not having any clue is not a good thing...word of mouth and locals will work
    noo, you've got me wrong. the advertising is the only thing that i um unknowlegable about. everything else i know how to do.

Well you've got to understand if a company/individual has an effective advertising campaign they're unlikely to tell you the details for obvious reasons

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

Well, then it depends if you want free advertising or paid...
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Originally posted by chaud
    Well, then it depends if you want free advertising or paid...
    anything at this point, im just looking for all avalible options.

Josh

Well, google ads are the best paid
    The best way to do it, is go around to local places that are doing well in whatever they do, selling stuff, ect, and sell a design and hosting to them
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

just took a look at google.

for the prices that they are charging per click, thats insane. what if like a 6 year old accidently clicks on your link. woops, there goes half of what i need to charge someone per month. oh well..... lol.

i need much cheaper or free advertising. any one have any ideas?

Josh

That would be why you need to develop a business model before you go into business... "spent money to make money" comes to mind. You can't expect a lot of advertising for nothing. Google AdWords ARE effective, but you cannot expect that everyone who clicks an ad to buy your hosting, 6 year old or otherwise. The same will be true of any advertising you buy... it won't always be effective. Your business model should be able to make up for the difference.

You could check out the Offers and Requsts forum, there are usually quite a few advertising opportunities listed there.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Re: advertising

Originally posted by Nygaff
    Hello,

i am starting a reseller hosting buisness. i am wondering where everyone gets their buisness? what means do you use to advertise? banners? what? lol. like i have absolutly no clue.

thanks
    Josh
    paying so that you can see hosting requests here on wht would be one of the first steps I would take.

Originally posted by Nygaff
    just took a look at google.

for the prices that they are charging per click, thats insane. what if like a 6 year old accidently clicks on your link. woops, there goes half of what i need to charge someone per month. oh well..... lol.

i need much cheaper or free advertising. any one have any ideas?

Josh
    I've noticed that in the past few months Google has not been so helpful in my ad campaign. For example, a few months back I could have paid 75 cents a click and gotten a large amount of customers in one day but now I would be lucky to get in the top two pages with $2.75 a click! I guess that’s competition.

I wouldn't recommend using Google Adwords is you're a webhosting provider. The keywords are already so expensive you're not gonig to have much left for your business after spending on advertising.
    We've just started advertising on www.hostspotlight.com and they've some ad space left so you might want to take a look.
    ++++++++
    Providing free cPanel web hosting for over 2 years to community of webmasters
    An independent Burst.net Review

To be cost effective you are to choose specific keywords not a general ones