Billing...

what is the best billing software?
    ««Maelstrom Creations»»
    ===»»»Expert Quality WebDesign«««===
    Website=» MaelstromCreations
    Email=» [email protected]

depends on what you offer

cpanel -> WHM AUTOPILOT

overall heard good reviews on MODERNBILL but you need to spend time fooling around with it because there's so many features.

clientexec one of the cheapest...simple... rare updates... just works for small company

perlbill heard not good

From memory, these all have free trials and/or demo's. Go give them a look and you might be able to make up your mind yourself. Out of the ones below, modernbill has the most features(however some would call it clutter)

modernbill.com
    whmautopilot.com
    clientexec.com
    perlbill.com
    whoiscart.net
    phpcoin.com-Free program

+ Many others

thanks guys.

is there anymore free ones. dose paypal have a billing system or just paying for it?
    ««Maelstrom Creations»»
    ===»»»Expert Quality WebDesign«««===
    Website=» MaelstromCreations
    Email=» [email protected]

Phpcoin is your best bet for a free one.

Paypal does not have a billing system(from memory), but they do have a subscription system that allow recurring payments. It's no substitute for a good billing system, but it certainly makes life easier.

Hi,

IMHO, ModernBill with Kayako is the only available solution at this time. That totals a wopping $1050 if you get the unlimited licenses, but you will not be disappointed by the quality of the products.

You may also wish to get an experienced ModernBill setter-upper(?lol) to help you get it running smoothly, as there are many features and I know the first two or three times I set it up it wasn't perfect without a lot of further tweaking as I used it and found problems.

Contact me via PM if you need any assistance with ModernBill and/or Kayako, I have a lot of experience with them and should be able to answer most of your questions.

P.S. ModernBill tech support is useless, you can get general help from their forums, but if you need to talk with a tech agent you're bummed unless you pay $75.00 for a callback

wuts IMHO

You can always buy from an MB reseller.

As for price, you can get it as little as $19.95 to start. It has an integrated help desk, but isn't that great. Kayako is the best one because of it's integration and it runs $19.95 as a base monthly price.

IMHO - In my honest opinion.

I would go with whmauto. thats what we are using right now.
    Sang P. Ma
    President/VizHost.Com, Inc.
    http://www.vizhost.com

We have used both, Modernbill and WHMAP. WHMAP seems to be the best for us since there's less features and it does the task we need it to do, but Modernbill has more modules that other would find needed, but we didn't.

What about billing for game servers? People have said use modernbill but I need one that has it to they can select the number of slots, public/private, the type of game, etc.

I've searched for a solution, even one that integrates into WHMAP or MB but can't find it.

Thanks for the help.
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

The best one from experience for me is Client Exec.

Its is afforable, integratable and has good easy to use features that help you with your billing needs
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

You can setup Modernbill to allow them to select all that.

Many people do it no problem. Plus you could use it for your cPanel also, one point of billing, rather than two programs.