Video streaming...

I am working on our church website and someone asked me if i could put the comercial on the web site so i said sure. Well i dont think i will have a problem dong it. I just dont know how to go about doing it. Should I just put a link to it like so.

<A HREF="file:///C|\Documents and Settings\kur1j\My Documents\009101.mpg">Watch our Commercial</A>

would that make it where it would "Stream the video" or would it just make the person download it and they would run it on there local machine.

How should i set it up to let it stream the video to low bandwith users and to higher bandwith users?

I probably have forgot alot of stuff... if you need any more details just let me know and ill try to explain the best i can.

that link wouldnt work at all..
    It links to C:\Documents and Settings\kur1j\My Documents\009101.mpg

on their computer.
    You need to link to it on your server...
    like..
    if you webserver home is c:/
    then link should be..
    <A HREF="Documents and Settings\kur1j\My Documents\009101.mpg">Watch our Commercial</A>

Originally posted by ilyash
    that link wouldnt work at all..
    It links to C:\Documents and Settings\kur1j\My Documents\009101.mpg

on their computer.
    You need to link to it on your server...
    like..
    if you webserver home is c:/
    then link should be..
    <A HREF="Documents and Settings\kur1j\My Documents\009101.mpg">Watch our Commercial</A>
    I ment it as an example. i was just making the point of a link.

Here is a good example of what i am talking about.

http://www.winamp.com/videos/

As you can see it gives the user a choice between low bandwith and high bandwith. This is more what im looking to.
    Last edited by kur1j; 05-27-2004 at 10:44 PM.

First..

It will not be downloaded unless they click right click save. If as mentioned above it will only stream..

About the bandwidth, all i can say is to save it in 2 formats and based on the chooses one they view it..

Salam,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by azizny
    First..

It will not be downloaded unless they click right click save. If as mentioned above it will only stream..

About the bandwidth, all i can say is to save it in 2 formats and based on the chooses one they view it..

Salam,
    aight thanks.