looking for colo that has specific on-site carriers

been searching around for various colo's but it seems many of them do not list the on-site carriers. is there any total listing of colo's and on-site carriers?

I'm trying to base my decision on a colo based on the on-site carriers. Specifically i'm looking for colo's that have direct connectivity to china.

Re: looking for colo that has specific on-site carriers

Originally posted by rfan622
    been searching around for various colo's but it seems many of them do not list the on-site carriers. is there any total listing of colo's and on-site carriers?

I'm trying to base my decision on a colo based on the on-site carriers. Specifically i'm looking for colo's that have direct connectivity to china.
    I doubt you will find a colo that has direct connectivity to China but you may find a provider that does. Equinix is carrier neutral -- you buy the rack space and use any of the numerous in house providers (including China Telecom).

http://www.equinix.com/prod_serv/ibx/networks.htm

ahh okay.. thanks!

but, just a question do providers not like posting who their carriers are? it always seems like to find carrier information you have to do alot of digging and they usually just say some broad generalization for network connectivity.

ahh okay.. thanks!

but, just a question do providers not like posting who their carriers are? it always seems like to find carrier information you have to do alot of digging and they usually just say some broad generalization for network connectivity.

I don't know of any quick and easy way. I typically grab a providers AS and look them up on www.netlantis.org.

ahh okay.. thanks!

At carrier neutral facilities such as Equinix and Switch and Data they normally list the carriers present. If not, just contact a sales person and they'll tell you.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

netlantis is down, but what type of search engine is it?

[EDIT]

n/m i looked it up. it seems like it'll show BGP routes and AS information.
    Last edited by rfan622; 05-27-2004 at 02:09 PM.

You might want to look for pccwbtn bandwidth, they have good routes to Asia. I beleive you can find them in most carrier neutral datacenters including 56 marietta in Atlanta and Equinix Ashburn.

Originally posted by illogix
    You might want to look for pccwbtn bandwidth, they have good routes to Asia. I beleive you can find them in most carrier neutral datacenters including 56 marietta in Atlanta and Equinix Ashburn.

PCCWBTN aka BTN Access has excellent connectivity in Equinix Ashburn.

Quoting Chris McDonald (A BTN Engineer/Sales guru)

"In terms of Asia-- we're owned by the incumbent telco in Hong Kong and have VERY good connectivity throughout and to Asia. A lot of people stream video out of our network in LA to Tokyo because the quality is great and it's cheaper here than it is to do it out of Asia.

In terms of the US-- we do roughly 30Gbps between our major pops (equinix and switch and data).

Europe, Middle East, and Africa... We *own* these regions"

yeah--- what he said!

Chris

Equinix LAX is a good choice if you wish to directly connected to the Asian carrier thru peering. Most Asian carrier would peer in an effort to save transit.

BTW, if you wanted any info about www.netlantis.org coming back up its over here:
    http://www.spale.com/pipermail/netla...ay/000012.html

Originally posted by illogix
    we just added a gig to them at 56 marietta into our mix and have been pleased with them. they are very easy to work with.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000