Webhosting domain name suggestions?

Hey, I currently co-own a webhosting company we are re-structuring our business and changing the design and name. We have been thinking of names for our company for a while, but are not the best at it. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for good names for it?

Most good domains are taken. If anyone thinks of a good domain name they will probably register it and try and sell it for 3 times more then they paid. The best thing you can do is either look through the domains forsale sites or possibly use a site like http://nameboy.com and see if you can find something. You could also check out sites like deleteddomains.com to see which domains are being dropped. You can sometimes find good ones there. Hope this helps.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

If someone thinks of a good domain I doubt they'd do anything but register it!

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

blastohost.com
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

sexyhosting.com =)

www.myhosting4free.com

make offer via pm

It can be pretty hard. I was looking last year and found Hosting Harbour.com which I liked. A bit long but a good safe feel.

No use for it so if you want it you can make me an offer.

Other than that I think you can get away without mentioning hosting in the name. You want something that reflects on the market you are targetting I guess.

Lot of hosts have pretty abstract names and seem to do fine..

James

Hi Sco0t,
    You will get much more replies if you post this here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...php?forumid=55
    DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
    LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups,
    RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.

Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.

have you tried asking over at namepros.com ?
    they have a pretty big forum.

d00t

Do you provide a unified hosting solution?

I have Unifiedhost.com available.
    ++++++++
    Providing free cPanel web hosting for over 2 years to community of webmasters
    An independent Burst.net Review

First off, you are NOT supposed to advertise YOUR OWN domains here. Goto http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...php?forumid=55 instead.

And unlike a couple of years back when everybody and his dog register a domain name or two, you now are able to find some "decent" (not top tier of course) domains available for registration. Just use your creativity. Good luck.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

I see alot of silly names that don't put forth a professional image.
    baseballhathosts.com
    pink-greenhosting.com
    - Also chose a domain that someone can remember,
    tsaqhosting.com is alittle hard to recall as is
    hostme-tooyoufor-Ihosting.com
    the "-" can throw people off.

- Look at various forms of the domain
    I get mistaken all the time for "a1"(which is steak sauce,says alot about branding,huh?) instead of "1A".I have tried to buy a1hosting but the guy has me over the barrell and knows it.

- .com domains are more readly recognize than .net/.org/.us
    remeber not all customers will be internetaware

- Last but not least one that describes your speciality is very good
    autodealerhosting,PhpBBhosting,ect

When I choice my companies name, I stayed way from domain names using host, hosting, etc. I wanted a name that was creative, unique and would set us above the rest. Like for example, Rack shack, etc. I hope that helps.
    Chris Tauscher
    SHIFTIFY

You can use one of several sites that provide a list of "dropping" names and pick up some good ones. I use namewinner.com and pool.com.

Last week I picked up both nationalhosting.com/net for just under $500.00 (one from pool, and one from namewinner). One day I'll develop them or sell them.

No surprise that the average hosting company goes under in less than 18mo, so names are coming available every day.

Bob

Moved To Domain Name Offers and Requests Forum
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Now that this has been moved to the Domain Name Offers and Requests forum.

Please view the below domains and if you are interested please email domians (at) bright-byte.com with your offer.

1-800-WEBHOST.net
    1-888-WEBHOST.com
    1-900-HELP.com
    1-900-HELP.net
    1-900-HOST.net
    1-900-HOST.com
    1-900-HOSTING.com
    1-900-HOSTING.net
    foxservers.com
    hostingcall.com
    lavahost.com
    prohosting.us
    quezle.com
    quezzle.com
    wirehosts.com
    wirehosts.net
    wiredforum.com
    wiredforums.com
    burstservers.com
    burstservers.net
    DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
    LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups,
    RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.

Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.

www.myhosting4free.com 1200+ hits monthly and hosting account included. Make offer

the best domain you can register is the one you have already registered before others thought

To assume perfection is merely a display of ignorance.