hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Domain transfering problem

Forum Jump

Domain transfering problem

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2000, 04:51 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Unhappy

This thread is totally different than the alldns.com I've asked in another topic.

I've registered 2 very good domain names with NetworkSolution long ago. Now I want to transfer it to another registrar (weblaunching.net) but the problem is, the email I used for those domains doesn't work anymore for some reasons, I can't received a confirm request from weblauching.net. The email I've used is flashmail.com, seems like they'll be out of business soon. Anyway, my question is, if you can't access your email, and your living address has changed, how could you transfer the domains? I've heard about notary public or something like that, how? what's the proccess? I'm really appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2000, 05:03 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

What you can do is call NetSol and explain to them about your problem. I'm sure they can work something out.

Old 10-27-2000, 06:52 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Thanks DynastyHost, I couldn't find any info on their website. I might try to give them a call (my last step) but I think it'll be very hassle. I just want to see if anybody has problem like me and how did you solve it.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2000, 06:58 PM
Web Hosting Master

I've never had to do it, Nam, but I believe they have some provision for handling this via FAX. NetSol's concern, of course, is proper verification.

Old 10-27-2000, 08:04 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Help

After keep sending email for a week, I finally got email from Flashmail's support asked me what did I enter in username and password field. Should I tell him my password? I know this question kind of stupid but what I know is the administrator doesn't know customer's password. What if he use it to do something bad... but if I won't tell, there is no he can help me, right? I don't know. I'm confused .

Old 10-27-2000, 10:22 PM
Web Hosting Master

Ask him why needs it, and if you can do what he wonts to do with the login and password.

http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Old 10-28-2000, 01:32 AM
Web Hosting Master

I think you'd probably have to trust FlashMail admin on something like that, Nam. There's the possibility, for instance, that they had a catastrophic record loss (it happens on the best of sites, despite extravagant efforts at preventing it); and therefore can no longer find your records.

Old 10-28-2000, 07:19 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Smile

Thank you very much to all. I followed etLux, trusted him by sending my password. He just reset it for me and it worked. I'm so happy because I have two 3-letter domains with that email.

Good day,

Old 10-28-2000, 07:42 PM
Web Hosting Master

So far, I've yet to meet an admin who was not scrupulously honest... probably because to do otherwise would be business suicide.

Old 10-28-2000, 08:59 PM
Web Hosting Master

Change your verification method at NetSol

You've brought up one of the many reasons why anyone who still has domains at Network Solutions should change their verification method from e-mail to password (or even PGP key) while their e-mail address is valid.

There are other reasons for changing it. While I no longer have any registrations of my own remaining with them. Some of my customers do. I don't leave a valid e-mail address with any registrar for the simple reson that psmmaers harvest names from domain registrations. It's one of their primary sources, along with Usenet postings.

With the password option, I've been able to make whatever changes I need to, for myself and customers (they just have to return the form I generate for them). The e-mail address that the forms are sent to is not checked against the one on record when the password verification system is used.

If I needed to make changes while away from home and my computer, I could do that too as the e-mail address IU would be using at the moment would not be checked.

I would highly recommend to anyone using NetSol for any reason that they change their verification system from e-mail address to password or PGPkey.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Nigeria Internet Registration Association Offers Free ccTLDs to Encourage .ng Domain Adoption Web Hosting News 2014-01-02 14:46:24
Office 365 Integrates GoDaddy Domain Name Registration Web Hosting News 2013-10-09 13:18:05
Mali .ml Domain Phishiest TLD of Any Country in the World: Netcraft Web Hosting News 2013-09-05 14:17:19
Outbound Spam Causing Sleepless Nights? Blog 2013-05-13 09:52:21
Web Host Media Temple Launches Website Migration and Domain Transfer Service Otto Web Hosting News 2012-07-12 16:16:49