Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckFox
    Fifteen years of successfully using the name in the the corporate media space sure qualifies as "work or effort of your own."
    Nice. Well done. It doesn't answer my point though. Was any of your work directed toward the monitor in question? No. This is just a happy coincidence, and one which you should have been glad to see. Instead you have decided this is the little man against the big corporation - a decision mitigated entirely by your beady little eyes seeing dollar signs.

I get fair compensation, they get to protect and control their eventual TM property into perpetuity. That's not so hard to grasp, is it?
    "Fair compensation" to you equals greed to the rest of us. And it's a monitor. Hardly IBM's biggest seller. I sincerely hope they are having a good laugh at your expense.

But someone who "thinks" before he replies, or knows some of these truths, they seem to have the sense of understanding my position.
    Really? Thing is, most of us with a brain have realised the following truth: IBM probably don't much care. It's a monitor. With a limited product lifespan. They could just as easily use ibm.com/thinkvision and it wouldn't cause them a moment's grief. If I were looking for a monitor, I'd go to the manufacturer's website, not desperately try the brand name in the hopes it might just have its own dot com.

Maybe my problem, and I admit from yours and other posts that I sense a problem ,is not helping the others understand it.
    Don't dare patronise me, sir! I "understand" you and your ilk only too well! You see a chance to make a fast buck yet that isn't enough, and you try and justify your position with some badly-written purple prose that spouts some rubbish about this being one man's struggle against the oppressive corporation. Rot! And deep down you know it!

Creative toil is creative toil, regardless of the outcome and/or the number of words/ideas.
    Point of this sentence? There is no creative toil in your current venture. Ignore what you may or may not have done previously because it's irrelevant to this little endeavour you have running.

But I understand your position, and if you were wearing my shoes, you'd make the most of this I'm sure. That's all I'm really doing. Making the most of an odd situation. As unconventional as it may seem to most people.
    If I found myself in your shoes through happy coincidence I would have taken the money offered and considered it a good day's work. But then that's the difference between us: I'm a decent person.

A quote I remember when I was trying to think freely in my youth, "There are no rules in the new, because nobody has ever been there before."
    Rot. I can just as easily post a meaningless quote from a writer which would claim the opposite, but won't, because it's irrelevant.

Happy you could get a laugh out of my blog. I didn't know it had comedy zingers -- Then again, to some the whole thing is a joke
    It isn't the situation that's a joke. Catch my drift...?
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...

Hey, I just realized something.....

In this thread, we now have a FOX, a CHICKEN, a MOUSE, and some ELEPHANTS.

Welcome to the WHT ZOO.

One final point: Maybe you should have done your homework on the IBM product line before considering your site was somehow worth its mythical value. Let's take a few examples of their main products and see where the dot coms take us:

thinkvision.com - Not IBM
    thinkcentre.com - Redirected to IBM (Thinkcentre are a range of desktop computers)
    eserver.com - Not IBM
    bladecenter.com - Not IBM

So, one out of four. And this "research" took me two minutes. IBM obviously aren't that bothered about acquiring the domain names to their highest selling items (their servers) so why should they be bothered about a monitor?
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...

Originally posted by Gen-T
    Hey, I just realized something.....

In this thread, we now have a FOX, a CHICKEN, a MOUSE, and some ELEPHANTS.

Welcome to the WHT ZOO.

*sniff*...forgotten again. There be bears here, too...

Oh man I'm sorry.... and BEARS. The wonderful BEARS.

s'okay..., thanks!

i know this is an old thread, and this guy is probably long gone, but damn, it's funny!

even funnier, in his article about domain name valuation he says, "...a top-level domain name is worth exactly what a buyer is willing to pay for it, no more and no less."

so i guess his domain was worth $10k, and now it's worth nothing. there's a lesson in there somewhere.
    datapimp - You only get one soul, ya dig?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12