Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fantasia Wins American Idol

Thats what I figured would happen. Anyone here shocked?

Discuss....
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Oh boy

/me puts local newspaper subscription on hold for 2 weeks

It was a weak competition... I didn't fancy any of the finalists.

*sigh*

Originally posted by zaid2001
    Oh boy

/me puts local newspaper subscription on hold for 2 weeks
    That's too bad... There is usually some others news other than the stuff that should be in the tabloids
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

All I have to say her mouth is huge! now who agrees with me?

Originally posted by interneat
    It was a weak competition... I didn't fancy any of the finalists.
    Heh, I only watch American Idol's first few auditions, those were actually fun to watch.

Then it gets boring...and yeah I agree with you.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Diana should've won, although Latoya should've been in the final 2.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

There's one of our bus operators who has a big mouth and admits to it. She even mentioned she could probably fit a bus in it!

Originally posted by ./thename
    All I have to say her mouth is huge! now who agrees with me?
    73's, Kim

Re: *sigh*

Originally posted by cybexhost
    That's too bad... There is usually some others news other than the stuff that should be in the tabloids
    Try living in the same city as one of these "real tv" start and you'll see my point.

They filmed Extreme Makeover Home Edition in the town our transit agency is in and there was a re-route to keep gawkers on the bus from seeing the house.
    73's, Kim

The right person won. Fantasia was the best talent in this competition and deserved to come out on top.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how can Fantasia be an "American Idol" if she's like 19 with 2 kids????
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

truth be told...they'll both be one hit wonders..or less...and in a year's time you'll find their "releases" at the bottom of a clearance bin like all the other hacks of that show.
    "If you come to a fork in the road...take it"

Yogi Berra

Originally posted by IDS
    Isn't Diana latino?
    Whatever she is, she is hot!

And yes, I can say this since im only 2 years older =)

I will just leave this thread and just go to bed. I'm sorry WHT if my comments were uncalled for.

im sorry, but im confused in this thread...

American IDOL??? makes no sense must be something the yogins get involved with cause Fantasia sounds like Fantacy and the hole thing belly ups in my mind from here

thanks for clarifications
    gilbert
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Originally posted by Nich
    Are you kidding me? I don't have any sense? Why don't you stop busting on people who don't agree with you. Not everyone will, you will learn that in life--- one day...

Anyway, age has nothing to do with the contestants on the show...I don't mind if they're 14, 16, 20, 30...

But if you're going to tell me that a 19 year old girl who has a baby (single parent may I add) is going to win a show called American IDOL where the word IDOL means someone who is idolized...then you've got to be kidding. What is that teaching our kids today?
    Its a tv talent / popularity show on fox for goodness sakes, not the nobel prize. However I think it lives up to the American part just great.
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.

Originally posted by Rewdog
    Its a tv talent / popularity show on fox for goodness sakes, not the nobel prize.
    Sorry, TV Show or not, American Idol is one of the highest watched shows in America....it can't just be called 'some show on fox.' That means there must be people out there watching and taking the title of the show at least somewhat literally.

The producers of the show didn't call it American Idol for nothing... Obviously it isn't the show's producers fault THAT she won (she has a good voice) and she was voted for, but it is the show's producers fault that she was ALLOWED to win. I surely cannot be the only one who thinks this.

Originally posted by Rewdog
    However I think it lives up to the American part just great.
    I agree.
    Last edited by Nich; 05-27-2004 at 01:47 AM.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Sorry, TV Show or not, American Idol is one of the highest watched shows in America....it can't just be called 'some show on fox.' That means there must be people out there watching and taking the title of the show at least somewhat literally.

The producers of the show didn't call it American Idol for nothing... Obviously it isn't the show's producers fault THAT she won (she has a good voice) and she was voted for, but it is the show's producers fault that she was ALLOWED to win. I surely cannot be the only one who thinks this.

I agree.
    I still think you're taking it too far. People don't create TV shows for the good of common man; They create it for money. People stupid enough to use a TV character as a role model are the problem with America IMO, not the producers of a TV show... America chose her, not the producers. If you want anyone else to step in, it'd be considered censorship.

I looked up 'idol' on dictionary.com, and one of the definitions was " Something visible but without substance." That's pretty much what the winners are IMO.

it doesn't matter who wins...both of them will get record deals anyway....
    look at Clay Aiken and Ruben ..Clay didn't win but he's sold more CD sales then Ruben's

hey what about the chines dude that got to go to the gym and do arobic work-out videos, he got booted off but sure got a good contract
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

But in all seriousness, you have to face reality in that there are probably more children who use famous celebrities (whether it is TV characters/ singers / etc.) as role models, than using parents, police, fire fighters, military... so are you calling all these children stupid?
    haha, probably, and they're parents are really to blame. I was 15 before I was allowed to watch anything on MTV, and it was nothing as bad then as what it is now.

I doubt there will be a TV in my house when I become a father; Their little computers will be hard enough to police.

I do see your point though, and I'll stick with my side as well.

Originally posted by jpabboud
    ... since when being 19 and having a baby is a bad thing ?
    Hi Jean-Pierre,

That would be another can of worms in itself... I guess I was brought up as pre-maritial birth being BAD... This isn't even touching the fact that she had a baby at the age of 17. And that she cannot support herself and her baby. Her child is 2 years old, without a father. She isn't married...

I'm not sure if you call that courage, or irresponsible.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

American Idol is about a group of people who try their hardest to perform to the best of their abilities week by week. American Idol is about the talent that the contestant has and not their personal life.

If you have watched the show and listened to "Simon", he tells you what the contest is about.

American Idol provides an entertainment purpose for the family and should not be taken anymore than that.

Kelly, Justin, Ruben, Clay, Fantasia, and Dania have all lived their "dream" of being on stage and pleasing the audience. I tip my hat to them.

Fantasia has an excellent voice and preformed well week by week, that’s why she is the American “Idol”.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

That would be another can of worms in itself... I guess I was brought up as pre-maritial birth being BAD... This isn't even touching the fact that she had a baby at the age of 17. And that she cannot support herself and her baby. Her child is 2 years old, without a father. She isn't married...

I'm not sure if you call that courage, or irresponsible.
    How do you know you can't support herself and her baby? I know plenty of single mom's who do; Its not the ideal situation, but I applaud her for taking enough responsibilty not to have an abortion. She'll probably be able to support her family just fine as a result of this contest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast