Crash Testing: MINI Cooper vs Ford F150

http://www.bridger.us/2002/12/16/Cra...operVsFordF150

Actually, I can't say I'm that surprised.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

LOL! That's very ironic, yet I'm not surprised either.

Isnt the F150 the truck that they throw off the cliff in the commercial and it barely gets scathed?
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Lol very intersting
    Please visit my auto an up and coming community for all car discussion.

honestly, i know there are some fans of both companies but i woundn't want to have either, WHY you ask... because:

-FOUND ON ROAD DEAD
    -OR-
    -the mini cooper is just small and cant burn as much gas as the F150
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Originally posted by gilbert
    honestly, i know there are some fans of both companies but i woundn't want to have either, WHY you ask... because:

-FOUND ON ROAD DEAD
    -OR-
    uhhh, what are you trying to say?

Well I am no scientist but in crashes into static object are you not often worse off in a heavier vehicle. I mean the force generated by the vehicle on impact will be greater so the opposite force shot back by the object will also be greater....given things like if the weight is due to superior protection etc.

But if those photos are for real then that is quite an eyopener.

You have a small no where near as fast vehicle with much less weight hit a wall at XX mph VS a F'd Over Rebuilt Dodge that can go much more faster, has more fiberglass, more weight, pretty much more of everything hitting a wall at XX mph.

Really, this is not surprising and is very understandable to anyone with common sense.

I want to see the test where they crash the MINI and the F-150 Head on both going at 40MPH
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

I would want to see when they crash a Mazda Miata and a Mini Cooper at 50mph to see what happens

Well physics dictates that the Mini applied much less force to the stationary object.

However, how many people actually know that? When I was in High School you weren't taught that unless you took physics.

Most people buy a vehicle thinking, it's big, it must be safe.

Exactly, especially given many accidents are not with other vehicles and few are head on....makes you think. Anyone got any stats on accidents to static object v's headons as a % of all..?

Most people buy a vehicle thinking, it's big, it must be safe.
    People who buy big heavy cars for safety are just as wacko as the people who think that if you have 4 wheel drive that you can drive your car as fast as you want whatever the conditions. We get a lot of those around here.

Originally posted by z280 Hosting
    People who buy big heavy cars for safety are just as wacko as the people who think that if you have 4 wheel drive that you can drive your car as fast as you want whatever the conditions. We get a lot of those around here.
    Yeah, that's the truth. I was on the freeway a while back, noticed all the signs warning lane closed due to ice. People still drove on them, must have seen 20 - 30 SUVs laying in the median.

Meh. I don't care which care would've come out on top (even though I knew about this for a few weeks), I'm still going to get my Mini Cooper S.

And yes, we get many people in michigan that think that with four wheel drive you can do anything... Heres a story: I was driving down a two lane road, when there was about 6" of snow on that road, all the sudden an explorer passes me, and as I go over the next hill, I see that same explorer rolled over... I can't help but laugh, the guy was fine, but his car was not.

Originally posted by Trifolic
    I want to see the test where they crash the MINI and the F-150 Head on both going at 40MPH
    the MINI is probably going to make a backwards somersault
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Originally posted by gilbert

-FOUND ON ROAD DEAD
    -OR-
    Coming from someone who's owned Fords his whole life and his parents have, Ford makes (well 2000 and back, don't have a 'new one') the best trucks. Dodge on the other hand makes trucks that drive like cars, same with Chevy.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

i'll put my f150 up against a mini...it'll crush it and anything inside of it.

i have a well-casing turned brush-gard bolted to the front of the frame and i've had one ax in it and the guy in the audi had his entire passenger side gone...while my f150 had two busted headlights and some paint missing.

gotta love pickups
    "If you come to a fork in the road...take it"

Yogi Berra

What do you think would win in a Miata vs a Mini Cooper S?